Author Topic: David's Shutter Bug Club  (Read 502253 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: David's Shutter Bug Club
« Reply #470 on: June 20, 2008, 02:45:14 am »
Thanks David. I really enjoy animal pics. Your dog Cody, and Jess's horses.... All cute.
The Kookaburra is the one that laughs. Quite unusual birds.
Didn't do the balloon ride. Too slow. It would be a great platform for photos, though, wouldn't it?
Hey, Dev has a new camera, so maybe she'd like to post some pics, and get some hints?
BTW. I'm moving to Melbourne in just over a week, so we'll have someone there to take pics as well.
It's very picturesque.  :)

I used to have a penpal in Melbourne. His name was Peter. We would write each other letters and we'd also talk to each other on cassette tapes. I loved listening to his voice. I always smile when I hear an Aussie accent. They are so sunny and cheerful sounding. He sometimes sent me Aboriginal music too. It was beautiful, and very mysterious sounding to my 14 year old Indiana ears. I really enjoyed listening to it. In return, I'd send him some of the traditional music of my Lakota tribe. This was 30 years ago, long before the Internet. It would take 2 or 3 weeks to mail our letters and tapes back and forth.

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of Melbourne Rob. And good luck with the move down there! :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline ChrisC

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #471 on: June 21, 2008, 02:59:39 pm »
This may sound silly, but how do I post a picture here.  Have been trying for some time with no joy  :(

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #472 on: June 21, 2008, 04:38:03 pm »
This may sound silly, but how do I post a picture here.  Have been trying for some time with no joy  :(

Hi Chris!! Do you have an account with Photobucket? That's how I do it. I upload my pictures to Photobucket and then I copy the bottom line of code (it says IMG CODE next to it). Then I paste it here.

Some members upload their pictures directly to the forum, but I'm not sure how how to do it. Perhaps some of the other members will see your question and post an answer here.

Here's the link to Photobucket. It's free and very easy to use...

www.photobucket.com

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #473 on: June 21, 2008, 04:41:21 pm »
Try photobucket Chris. At least for now, because I'm really looking forward to seeing your pictures. :D

If you have problems with it, send me a PM and I'll walk you through the steps.

Offline ChrisC

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #474 on: June 21, 2008, 05:11:38 pm »
Thanks David, I will give it a go  ;D

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #475 on: June 21, 2008, 05:19:34 pm »
I can't wait to see your pictures Chris! Like I said, send me a PM if you have any problems and I'll try to help. :D

injest

« Reply #476 on: June 21, 2008, 06:18:55 pm »

Hi Chris!!

Yes, Photobucket is the easiest for me...

you set up a free account with them and they will walk you thru posting a pic to them. If you need any help though just holler and I can walk you thru that.

after your picture is on Photobucket, look under the picture and you will see four lines of code...you want to copy the one that says "Direct Link".....then come here and paste that code in a reply box. Highlight it and then click on the little picture of a photo that is right above the  ;D above the box you type your reply in. that is it.

seriously...I have taught a lot of people to do this so pm me if you need more help with ANY of this ok??

(and Welcome to Bettermost!! My name is Jess!!)

injest

« Reply #477 on: June 22, 2008, 01:11:03 am »

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #478 on: June 22, 2008, 01:21:14 am »
Aww. That's a picture of Crybaby isn't it Jess?

He's so cute!! :-*

injest

« Reply #479 on: June 22, 2008, 01:28:31 am »
Aww. That's a picture of Crybaby isn't it Jess?

He's so cute!! :-*

here he is before he got big

(now he is twice as big as the black cat Milly)