Author Topic: David's Shutter Bug Club  (Read 497020 times)

injest

Re: David's Shutter Bug Club
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2008, 03:05:35 am »
well I went out taking pics using my 'manual' settings...

here are some of the FEW that came out ok...

( I LOVE that Macro lens!)

I know it is just mold...but I thought it looked cool

everybody loves a pony!

I have GOT to get a tripod....when I use the zoom thingie everything gets blurry...I am so sick of that little red icon telling me I am moving the camera too much...this is one of about twenty I took of the same scene...
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 08:37:48 am by injest »

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2008, 03:34:17 am »
Yes Jess, everyone loves a pony, especially a beautiful picture of ponies like the one you just took! It makes me want to reach out and hug him!  :D

Re the mold on the tree: isn't macro fun?!! I wish people would utilize their macro settings more often!

Your last picture probably could have been shot without zooming in. Try using the landscape mode (found in the "scene" settings on Canon cameras) the next time. It's a stunning photo and as usual you composed the picture flawlessly (you always do!). But, you can never get too much natural scenery in a photo. Many people wonder what Texas looks like. Show it to them! Try resisting the temptation to zoom in the next time and instead utilize the Texas landscape to compliment the setting or rising sun. But, it's an excellent picture just the way you shot it! :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2008, 08:31:58 am »

Congratulations on this excellent thread, David.  :D

And thank you to yourself and Jess for the beautiful pics posted. I'm simply blown away by them. They are so professional. I particularly love your amazing photo's of light, David, and your incredible close-up pics, Jess, especially the mold. Beautiful.

I discovered this thread via the banner and am so glad I found it. Alas, I have no expertise in this field myself, so cannot contribute. However, I will certainly visit silently often in future, just to enjoy the beautiful photography - and saving my favourites!  ;)   :)

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

injest

« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2008, 08:43:15 am »
Congratulations on this excellent thread, David.  :D

And thank you to yourself and Jess for the beautiful pics posted. I'm simply blown away by them. They are so professional. I particularly love your amazing photo's of light, David, and your incredible close-up pics, Jess, especially the mold. Beautiful.

I discovered this thread via the banner and am so glad I found it. Alas, I have no expertise in this field myself, so cannot contribute. However, I will certainly visit silently often in future, just to enjoy the beautiful photography - and saving my favourites!  ;)   :)

aw Kerry! I am no expert either....grab a camera and learn with me!

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2008, 09:14:31 am »

I have a cute lil Olympus digital camera, Jess, but can't take the credit for the results it produces.  :-\

I admire the expertise of people like yourself and David, who are obviously so talented in this art form.  :D

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

injest

« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2008, 09:16:43 am »
I have a cute lil Olympus digital camera, Jess, but can't take the credit for the results it produces.  :-\

I admire the expertise of people like yourself and David, who are obviously so talented in this art form.  :D

well thank you for the compliment but I really don't know that much....David is the pro here!

I think it is mostly MY camera too! LOL!!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2008, 05:26:29 pm »

Yes Kerry. Please join us! Take some pictures of Sydney and post them here. We can all learn together. I'd enjoy seeing some of your photos. Everyone would. :)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2008, 05:45:43 pm »
Kerry, here is some information about your digital camera....

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2005_reviews/fe100.html

Unfortunately I am not too familiar with Olympus digital cameras. I am quite familiar with their film cameras though, and I've always been pleased with the results. So, I'd imagine their digital cameras are very good too, and I've read many positive reviews. So, it appears you purchased a very good one.

I'm not surpirsed you selected this camera. It's cute, friendly and stylish looking, just like you! :)

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2008, 06:13:53 pm »
Kerry, here is some information about your digital camera....

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2005_reviews/fe100.html

Unfortunately I am not too familiar with Olympus digital cameras. I am quite familiar with their film cameras though, and I've always been pleased with the results. So, I'd imagine their digital cameras are very good too, and I've read many positive reviews. So, it appears you purchased a very good one.

I'm not surpirsed you selected this camera. It's cute, friendly and stylish looking, just like you! :)

OMG, yes, that is my camera, David! Only difference is that mine doesn't have the blue strip re "Easy Operation" at left.

Thank you for this information. I really should read the instructions manual more diligently 'cause I didn't realise until reading your info that there's a special night setting and that I can take movies with it! I didn't know that!

I love my little camera but there are two minor (constructive) criticisms I should make. Firstly, the two standard AA batteries are not sufficient for a lengthy shoot. They konk out after about 20 pics. It's essential to pay more for special, high performance batteries (I  forget the type). The second shortcoming is that I had to pay an additional approx. $30 for some kinda memory stick (again, I don't know the correct name) to allow me to take zillions of pics in one go! Even with those extras, it still cost me less than US$150, which is amazing value for such a super camera.

I think I've only taken two half-way competent photos in my life!!!

They were taken relatively recently. One of a sunset (fluke!) and the other of water irises (bit fuzzy!). I will post them when I get home tonight, in about 9 hours (presently early morning at work here in Oz).

Would appreciate your professional feedback and advice, David and Jess.  :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2008, 06:17:36 pm »
Please do post them Kerry! I'd love to see them. And please grab your camera sometime soon and take some pictures of Sydney for us! And if you have any questions, I and others here will be more than happy to answer them for you if we can.