Author Topic: David's Shutter Bug Club  (Read 502963 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: David's Shutter Bug Club
« Reply #570 on: July 08, 2008, 07:45:36 pm »
... my head's spinning reading all that lot ... I just point and click  ;D  I need to print off your advice so that I can absorb it properly.  :D

..... you've seen this one already David, I used the Macro function to get really close to these leaves... I love the sun reflecting off all the rain drops.

Susie  :D

Oh yes, I absolutely LOVE that picture!! Your macro lens really caught all the fine details, and you did a really good job of composing the picture. I love all the little raindrops! :D

Sorry for confusing you Susie! I hope I'm not also confusing Dev. My Mom used to always tell me "less is more" and I often forget her advice. I tend to over explain sometimes. Just tell me to shut up and I will!! That's what my Mom always did! :laugh: ;)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

« Reply #571 on: July 08, 2008, 07:58:38 pm »
Again, you've seen this one David, but I had to post it here because he's so darned cute (this is Charlie my dog) ... I used the macro function to get really close in.

.... he was sulking with me at the time, can't you tell?  ... in' he lovely!!  :)

you can see each hair....very nice! and a cute lil dog..

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #572 on: July 08, 2008, 09:14:54 pm »
I just checked the specs of your camera Dev, and it has an ISO range of 80-1250. WOW!! That's a VERY wide ISO range, which is good because it gives you lots of options, but also bad if the camera is automatically setting high ISOs, and it probably is. It does this to try and make things easier for you. My suggestion would be to turn off the auto ISO, and setting the ISO manually to 100. You may have to switch the camera mode over to "program" or "manual" before the menu system will allow you to access the ISO menu screen. I'm not too familiar with Kodak cameras (other than the fact they are very good) but this is typically how the menus work on other cameras. ISO 100 should be able to handle most shooting conditions, especially if you have a tripod, and you can always switch it back to auto ISO later on if you want. :)

This is all kinda understandable but when I tried to turn off my ISO I could not figure out how yet.  Aslo I dont know how to manually set it, but one step at a time.  The ISO is auto set for high for sure.

Offline Brokeback_Dev

« Reply #573 on: July 08, 2008, 09:24:47 pm »
Is ISO image storage?

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #574 on: July 08, 2008, 11:00:37 pm »
Is ISO image storage?

No, the ISO has nothing to do with image storage Dev. You'll probably find it in the menu section containing things like exposure compensation and white balance. ISO is a type of exposure setting.  :)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #575 on: July 08, 2008, 11:03:49 pm »
Again, you've seen this one David, but I had to post it here because he's so darned cute (this is Charlie my dog) ... I used the macro function to get really close in.

.... he was sulking with me at the time, can't you tell?  ... in' he lovely!!  :)

I could hug him and kiss him and cuddle him all day long!!! :D

Charlie is SOOOOOOO cute!!! :-*

Offline Brokeback_Dev

« Reply #576 on: July 08, 2008, 11:18:10 pm »
adorable doggie susie :)

Offline Brokeback_Dev

« Reply #577 on: July 08, 2008, 11:55:14 pm »
Just one more photo of the water.  Im having fun!

injest

« Reply #578 on: July 09, 2008, 12:07:32 am »
I really do like your camera, Dev..

let me go look it up!!

injest

« Reply #579 on: July 09, 2008, 12:09:19 am »
Dev! I found this site from Kodak...they have interactive tutorials for that camera!!

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/service/tutorials/index.jhtml?pq-path=11888/4688