Author Topic: David's Shutter Bug Club  (Read 502709 times)

Offline ChrisC

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Re: David's Shutter Bug Club
« Reply #650 on: July 24, 2008, 02:55:56 am »
Chris! I can see your pictures now! :D

It's weird how this computer just all of a sudden "fixes" itself sometimes. I've seen it do it before.

Those pictures are beautiful Chris. I love the picture of the Hoe. I love how the picture is washed in blue. That is my favorite shade of blue by the way. Blue and purple are my two favorite colors. My favorite shade of purple looks like a black light when it's lit.

I really like those pictures of the beach too. You live in such a beautiful part of the world. I hope you will post more pictures of southern England for us in the near future. :D

Thanks David  ;D

Went ot a couple of other beaches this weekend gone, plus a walk on Dartmoor, so I have some more pictures to post.

Will be in London next week so you won't hear from me during next week but hoping to get some nice pictures whilst I'm there.

I think I'm going to be busy posting picture in the near future  ;D

Offline ChrisC

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #651 on: July 24, 2008, 02:59:04 am »
wow! Gorgeous!

Thanks Kelda

Glad you like this one - it is one of my favs.  The colours appear so rich and soothing.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #652 on: July 25, 2008, 12:18:23 am »
Thanks David  ;D

Went ot a couple of other beaches this weekend gone, plus a walk on Dartmoor, so I have some more pictures to post.

Will be in London next week so you won't hear from me during next week but hoping to get some nice pictures whilst I'm there.

I think I'm going to be busy posting picture in the near future  ;D

You're going to London Chris?!!! Oh, I LOVE London! It's my favorite city. :D

I hope you have a lot of fun there. Hopefully you are going there to play, and not for work! Don't forget your camera, and take some pictures for us, okay? :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #653 on: July 25, 2008, 12:22:41 am »
Is Dolly the hurricane still peeing on you Jess? ;) Yesterday you said Dolly made landfall and later it started to rain. Was Dolly doing that?

I remember a couple of years ago when hurricane Dennis was causing trouble. Remember Dennis? He moved north and sat over us for about a week! Obviously he wasn't a hurricane by the time he reached Indiana. He was what they call a tropical storm, but MAN OH MAN I couldn't believe all the rain. He stalled out over us and refused to budge! LOL

injest

« Reply #654 on: July 25, 2008, 12:29:41 am »
Is Dolly the hurricane still peeing on you Jess? ;) Yesterday you said Dolly made landfall and later it started to rain. Was Dolly doing that?

I remember a couple of years ago when hurricane Dennis was causing trouble. Remember Dennis? He moved north and sat over us for about a week! Obviously he wasn't a hurricane by the time he reached Indiana. He was what they call a tropical storm, but MAN OH MAN I couldn't believe all the rain. He stalled out over us and refused to budge! LOL

we are getting a little rain off and on but nothing much. No high winds or anything.

I wish had cooled us OFF some!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #655 on: July 25, 2008, 12:34:39 am »
we are getting a little rain off and on but nothing much. No high winds or anything.

I wish had cooled us OFF some!

I wish it would have cooled you off too Jess! Today it was only 82 degrees here! It SHOULD be in the low 90's right now, so we're all loving it. It won't last though! I think it's supposed to be in the low to mid 90s this weekend, which is probably still quite cool by Texas standards! ;)

injest

« Reply #656 on: July 25, 2008, 12:40:17 am »
I forgot (again) to put the camera setting on my pictures I posted yesterday.

I used the auto setting cause I was being lazy!  :laugh: :laugh:

BUT! I did try this technique....

in my manual it said that if you are photographing a bright object (like a sunset) to focus your camera on another part of the sky and then turn to the sunset and take the picture.

to do that you have to learn how to feel your cameras 'halfstop'; practice gently pushing down your button until you can feel where it hesitates....that is your half stop. When you reach that point your camera evaluates the lighting and sets the controls. You can 'fake' out the camera's controls for different effects...

I used this technique to get this picture:

and it came out good I think...

but yesterday I tried it on the sky and look what happened!

it washed all out.. .so I am guessing that it only works when the bright objest is fairly small...

injest

« Reply #657 on: July 27, 2008, 02:33:28 am »
These are all old pictures that were taken with a 35 mm camera, so I dont' have the information on them. I thought ya'll might like to see them. If you want me to move them David I will!

:-*

This is the best kitty that ever lived. His name was Fred.

injest

« Reply #658 on: July 27, 2008, 02:35:53 am »
This is also the best kitty that ever lived...he was a sweetheart...

he had a serious toilet paper addiction. I tried to get him into a 12 step program but he wouldn't go...

injest

« Reply #659 on: July 27, 2008, 02:37:58 am »

this is my favorite mare with my favorite baby....

you know what goes in but you never know what is coming out....where the HECK did those spots come from??!! She can't be registered because of them. (we love her though)