Author Topic: David's Shutter Bug Club  (Read 502843 times)

injest

Re: David's Shutter Bug Club
« Reply #710 on: September 28, 2008, 07:58:04 pm »
Yup, owning a camera that allows for different lenses is nice Jess. And it's not unusual at all to find lenses that cost as much or more than the camera. This is often the case with SLR cameras. SLR lenses often run 10 or 20 times as much as the camera, for very high quality professional lenses. Lenses are often hand crafted and the glass they use can be extremely expensive. But don't let that scare you away from getting the optional lens for your camera. It would be a very nice addition and it will provide you with many more options when taking pictures. :)

it seems to me to be a nice bridge between the point and shoot and the SLRs....I confess the SLRs intimidate me a little....plus they are SO expensive! I think this one will let me stretch my photography skills without going TOO overboard

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #711 on: September 28, 2008, 08:28:59 pm »
it seems to me to be a nice bridge between the point and shoot and the SLRs....I confess the SLRs intimidate me a little....plus they are SO expensive! I think this one will let me stretch my photography skills without going TOO overboard

EXACTLY!!! You will have the ability to switch lenses without the extreme expense of SLRs and their lenses. :)

When do you think you'll be getting the new camera and lens Jess? I can't wait to see some pictures you've taken with it! :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

« Reply #712 on: September 28, 2008, 08:43:19 pm »
EXACTLY!!! You will have the ability to switch lenses without the extreme expense of SLRs and their lenses. :)

When do you think you'll be getting the new camera and lens Jess? I can't wait to see some pictures you've taken with it! :)

I am hoping to buy it sometime in the next month....depending on when we get all our boarding fees and such in...

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #713 on: October 02, 2008, 04:47:06 pm »
Jess, if you would like a second opinion on your prospective new camera, take a look at this...

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2008_reviews/canon_a590is.html

It sounds like Steve was very impressed with the A590! He quoted a retail price of $179.99, so if you found it at Circuit City for less, I'd think seriously about buying it if I were you. In fact I'm thinking about getting one too, maybe just after Christmas is over. :)

Read through his review when you have a moment. He covers everything on the camera, along with many pictures, including the menu displays. And you can also see sample images he took with the A590. :D

injest

« Reply #714 on: October 12, 2008, 03:08:27 pm »
I got my new CAMERA!!

a Canon Powershot A590 IS...

here is a picture I took on auto yesterday in a hallway that was not lighted as you can see the sun was shining in but it still took a great pic

I havent tried the other settings yet because I just got it but it has a lot of great features I am really looking forward to trying!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #715 on: October 12, 2008, 03:12:09 pm »
That's a great picture Jess. It looks like you got yourself a really nice camera! Did you look at Steve's review of it? I posted a link to the review a week or two ago. He really liked it! :D

injest

« Reply #716 on: October 12, 2008, 03:13:58 pm »
That's a great picture Jess. It looks like you got yourself a really nice camera! Did you look at Steve's review of it? I posted a link to the review a week or two ago. He really liked it! :D

yep that is what encouraged me to go ahead and get it!

injest

« Reply #717 on: October 12, 2008, 03:27:25 pm »

JACK??!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #718 on: October 12, 2008, 03:30:24 pm »
Did you take THAT ONE with your camera too Jess? Wow!! :D

I love the movement in that picture. That is a REALLY GOOD picture!

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #719 on: October 12, 2008, 03:35:46 pm »

JACK??!

Wonderful Cowboy picture Jess.  Wow you are really getting good!