Author Topic: Gay subjects in movies??  (Read 20095 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Gay subjects in movies??
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2008, 10:12:11 am »
Thanks for that movie clip, Gary. That was great.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2008, 11:06:21 am »
LOL Thanks Gary for giving me a, great way to start my day with that clip

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2008, 11:24:54 am »

Iceman, whaa happen?!

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2008, 12:15:46 pm »
ICEMAN might be gaining weight for a movie, yeah right!!!  I liked Val Kilmer in THE DOORS.  Have not seen much of him since he played Alexander the Great's dad (Philip) in Oliver Stone's ALEXANDER.  THe homoeroticism between Kilmer and Chris O'Donnell was also there in BATMAN FOREVER. You will never see Robin in another Batman movie.  ;D

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2008, 10:38:35 pm »
Health officials??

Back to Story - Help

Henry Winkler says John Ritter sweating on set the day he died
Wed Feb 13, 6:04 PM

By Linda Deutsch, The Associated Press

GLENDALE, Calif. - Actor Henry Winkler took the witness stand Wednesday in a lawsuit over the death of actor John Ritter, telling jurors he had a conversation with his friend just hours before he died.

Winkler, who played The Fonz on "Happy Days," also gave the jury a testimonial to the comedic brilliance of Ritter, who was best known for the classic sitcom "Three's Company."

"He kept everyone laughing. He was a professional," said Winkler.

Ritter, at the time starring in the TV show "8 Simple Rules ... For Dating My Teenage Daughter," died on Sept. 11, 2003, after suffering a tear in his aorta, known as an aortic dissection. He was 54.

Winkler testified that on the day of Ritter's death he was doing a guest appearance on "8 Simple Rules" and he did not suspect anything was seriously wrong with his friend.

At one point, he said, they were recalling old times before they were due to perform an episode in which Winkler was to play Ritter's new boss.

"We were reminiscing," Winkler said. "He was sweating (and said) 'I really need to get some water.' I said 'I really need to memorize my lines.' And he went one way and I went the other. And that was the last time I saw him."

The lawsuit says Ritter was treated for a heart attack instead of the aortic dissection and seeks $67 million from a radiologist who earlier gave Ritter a body scan and the cardiologist who treated him that day. The trial follows settlements with Providence St. Joseph Medical Center in Burbank and other medical personnel for about $14 million.

Defence attorneys have told the jury that neither doctor was responsible for Ritter's death and that the body scan two years earlier showed his aorta was of normal size and there was no sign it would dissect.

Winkler said that a while after he saw Ritter the members of the cast were told to go home but weren't told what was wrong. He said he knew it was the fifth birthday of one of Ritter's children and he thought perhaps he had decided to quit early to celebrate.

"At 9 at night I was called and told he was in the hospital and at 11 or 11:30 I was called to say 'We have lost John,' " Winkler testified.

He told jurors Ritter had been thrilled that "lightning had struck again" and he had a new hit show.

"He loved everyone in the cast and they loved him," he said.

Much of Winkler's testimony dealt with Ritter's devotion to his wife, Amy Yasbeck, and his four children.

Asked what he thought the children would miss most about their father, Winkler replied: "His passion for life. His excitement for being on the Earth."

"Any conversation we had wrapped around his children, the pride and the love," Winkler said.

Ritter and Yasbeck "were an incredible team. . . . They were like two sides of a whole," Winkler said.

Yasbeck wiped her eyes several times during Winkler's testimony.

Outside court, Winkler talked to reporters but would not comment on whether he believed the doctors were to blame.

It seems to me that I remember John Ritter in a movie where he was dressed as a woman in which he acted as a murderer?

Did he do any gay subject?

Hugs!