Author Topic: Any Younger fans  (Read 8766 times)

Offline "Joseph Golden"

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Dozy embrace solidified in his memory
Any Younger fans
« on: January 05, 2008, 10:55:24 am »
Hey,

I was wondering if there are any younger fans of Brokeback Mountain, I'm 19 m , and i haven't been able to find anyone around my age who actually likes the film, Let alone understand it. No offence to the older generation.
I'm just curious. I'd love to hear a younger perspective of the film.

None of my friends like it, There all pretty Narrow minded and didn't like the movie cause it wasn't what they expected.

Is there any out there. It would be really sad if i was the only one. I hope i ain't.

Thanks
Don’t lie, don’t try to fool me, Ennis. I know what it means. Jack Twist? Jack Nasty.

Offline "Joseph Golden"

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Re: Any Younger fans
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 11:54:07 am »
No, I don't see it as pure fiction, I see it as it is. I see what people in that movie go thorough and i take what mistakes or decisions theymake and interpret them into my own life. I relate to the movie because when i first seen it a 17 i hadn't done what they had done. I hadn't fell in love with a men.

Before i seen the film, i didn't even consider myself gay or bi. I had fantasy's. but i never made anything from it. After i seen this movie i realised a few things.
-Its possible to fall in love with a man and its okay.
-That if that opportunity presents it self i will take it by the balls and fight for it. Not being a Ennis.
-That the world hasn't changed that much and might never, but why dictate you life like that.

So i took this and made some decisions i came to regret.

I fell in love with my best friend. We were allways weird. As in we use to hug, hold hands while we sat next to eachother - hiding it from everyone else. For what reason i had no idea. We use to wrestle and things would get pretty sexual - I mean playing with others nipples and massaging each other. These things happen in between us being 14-17.
After the movie i fell in love with him. Three mouths later we went down to our local river - five miles from anyone - Our own Brokeback Mountain. We got drunk as we allways did. Than he became weird, told me we had to go further into the bush because people were coming. When we got there he told me "If i was ever going to explore my sexuality. I'd do it with you" So i told him the same. We had our first drunken outburst of sex.
After that things were weird. But a week later, he told me it was our little secret and he'd like to keep doing it. I told him i loved him. He told me the same. Than we had many similar moments like The Second Tent Scene.

I'm more of a optimistic Jack, no fear no regrets and allways dreaming of a better life. Around my friends I'm like that. Around others I'm like Ennis. He was very similar to jack to. Except he feared the world because of his parents. They were very Conservative. I MEAN VERY.

But we continued to maintain our secret relationship for six months. Than one day we got to confident and got caught in his room by his sister. When i say caught i literally mean pants down.

She told everyone, At first it wasn't to bad. it was like noting changed. we kept denying it. But little did i know what he was going through at home. So one day we made this plan to run away and find our own little place in the world that was right for us. I.E Denver.

We planned to leave Friday, two days before, i was walking home after a really fun night in the bush. And a crowd of boys approached me. They beat me, put me in hospital. Smashed face, Broken kidneys and a scull fracture. He never visited me when i was in hospital,

When i got out, he had left. his family wouldn't tell me where he was. and i still dint know. Its been Nealy a year since i heard anything. None of that was nothing compared to the broken heart i suffered from now.

So i blamed the movie. If i hadn't seen the movie it would have never lead me to make the decisions i made. 
I went Neall a year without seeing it. One day i had a dream about Jack and Ennis. So i brought it. Didn't affect me the same way. But it was still Amazing.

I don't think guys my age dislike the film because they haven't experienced some of the stuff in that film. When your a teenager you experience life so intensely. Even more than when you mature.

I liked the film in general, Everything about it is great. One thing that i love the most is The Second Tent Scene, It reminds me of a world that seems so far gone.

P.S - He seen the movie also, I remember the night so clearly, He looked at said in these teary eyes. "It's not there fault, You cant help who you fall in love with"

No you cant, Love is possible only if you can see how real it is.

I experienced more of the movie than i would care to remember.  :(
Don’t lie, don’t try to fool me, Ennis. I know what it means. Jack Twist? Jack Nasty.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 12:34:50 pm »
Scissorhandsraineyluv -- over on IMDb -- is your age. (Well, she's close; maybe 18) She has some of the best posts about the movie -- very mature and meaningful. I don't think she's a member here, but maybe you could talk her into it.  ;)
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

injest

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 10:54:03 pm »
we do have one member here that is very near your own age. I will pm you his profile.

I am so sorry you went thru all that. You didn't/don't deserve it. {{{}}}

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2008, 12:59:02 am »
Has anyone heard from Becky lately?  She was a major contributor here at BetterMost for a long time, especially in the early days of the site and she's also a teenager.  But, I think her activity here has seriously fallen off recently.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2008, 02:50:16 am »
I haven't heard from Becky in a while but there are quite a few people near your age who are BetterMostians. One who has a blog on "Our Daily Thoughts" is Rebel With A Smile. He changed his name recently...he used to be Rebel With Sadness. His blog is called I Only Miss You on Weekends. There are several others, including a young woman in California who is 17, Kay-Nasty. I'll do some research...Welcome, melb_boy88!! My daughter is also 19, and she is the one who took me to see the movie way back when.

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline "Joseph Golden"

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2008, 09:01:11 am »
Thanks "Nutmeg Guy" and "Injest"

<Melb_boy88, takes the hug gladly and is thankfull someone cares> :P

It's allright now, i live in the same town. After months of "Emotional" agony and "Community" Torment.
I found a girlfriend. I slowly conformed back into society. It's not really that i have no feelings for her and I'm passionate about our relationship. It's a easy way to make my community accept who i am without the torment. I wont allow things to get out of hand or to serious. I don't want to hurt her. She was around when all that stuff happened, so i believe she all ready knows...
But she tries to break the Vail that i put up and gets hurt in her attempts. The thing that seems to hurt me most id it's like she's becoming a "Cassie" She's getting hurt and i have no way of stopping that.
So i have a decision to make. Is her pain a sacrifice worth while, as i use her as my veil to blend into society. Or am i being selfish and stop her pain from continuing. Or is it to late.

One thing for sure, Some where my Ennis is hiding from me. And I'd whip babies to see him again.
I wonder why he left? Thats the thing i cant seem to work out.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2008, 12:19:56 am »

Hugs melb_boy88!! Hugs to all too!!

Melb, your story is very, very touching!!

Hopefully, we all will try to help you. Be careful, be safe!! Similar things happened to me as four beat me up, so be safe!! Being what you desire is utmostly important in one's life, I find, and that can be so in different ways!!

Pray that you are OK, safe and happy more and more!! And that you will maybe find your buddy... soon or one day!!

Hugs!!

Offline "Joseph Golden"

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2008, 12:39:33 am »
[Melb_boy88, takes the hug willing, cries a little]  ::)

I'm fine i have rules on our to stay safe. I've come to accept that.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2008, 12:55:28 am »
I have to agree with nutmeg_guy that it is very important for you to tell the truth, the whole truth, to your female friend. She has a whole life before her, as do you, and it is important for you to be honest with her. Do not think that you are going to lose a friend. You may be surprised. And keep in mind that friendships are a lot more important than you might think. Even more important than trying to preserve appearances, or than having a few moments of intimacy.
"chewing gum and duct tape"