Author Topic: The Twist family studies the Gospel of John  (Read 114337 times)

Offline Wayne

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: The Twist family studies the Gospel of John
« Reply #90 on: January 26, 2008, 06:59:42 pm »
Jesus walks in the temple in Jerusalem, in the porch of Solomon. People ask him "How long are you going to keep us in suspense?!?  If you are the Christ, tell us straight up!"

He says "I already told you, but you don't believe. The works I do in the name of my Father testify concerning me, but you do not believe."

Still not exactly a straight up yes or no.     ??? :-\
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

Offline Wayne

« Reply #91 on: January 26, 2008, 07:11:58 pm »
Jesus says "I give my sheep 'life age-during.' My father who gave them to me is greater than all. I and the father are one.

Well the folks in the temple figured that's a stonin'! They started picking up rocks yet again to throw at him.

What is this business with throwing rocks at people in church?!?    >:( ::)   Oh yeah I forgot - these are the self-righteous Jerry Falwells, Pat Robertsons, and Joseph Ratzingers of their day. For them, church is all about stoning people.

So they answered "We're gonna stone you not because of what you did but because of what you said. You are a man, but you make yourself God."

I guess, in a way it sounds kinda bad.     :-\
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

Offline Wayne

« Reply #92 on: January 26, 2008, 07:22:17 pm »
Well so Jesus says, you know what? If you had read the Bible, you would know that God tells people "You are gods." (Psalm 82:6)

And if it's in the Bible, it has to be true, because you say that every single word in the Bible is literally true don't you!!    :P :P :P

And it also says that All of you are sons of the most high. And now you're going to stone me for saying I am the Son of God?!? Who do you think you are?!?

Nyah, nyah, ni nyah, nyah!!!!     :P :laugh: :P

They tried to grab him there in the temple but he got away. He went over to the other side of the Jordan River, where John used to baptize people, and stayed there a while.

Don

injest

« Reply #93 on: January 26, 2008, 07:38:04 pm »
Well so Jesus says, you know what? If you had read the Bible, you would know that God tells people "You are gods." (Psalm 82:6)

And if it's in the Bible, it has to be true, because you say that every single word in the Bible is literally true don't you!!    :P :P :P
And it also says that All of you are sons of the most high. And now you're going to stone me for saying I am the Son of God?!? Who do you think you are?!?

Nyah, nyah, ni nyah, nyah!!!!     :P :laugh: :P

They tried to grab him there in the temple but he got away. He went over to the other side of the Jordan River, where John used to baptize people, and stayed there a while.

I love it....I can just want to say "SNAP" ...

turned it back on them! I feel the same way about those religious nuts we have to deal with nowdays!!

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #94 on: January 26, 2008, 07:48:53 pm »
Thanks for the invitation wgj!

There was something about  the Pharisees on TV yesterday... a few days ago... this week.

There are only few left... still living, apparently on Earth to-day; dozen or so??

I forget why that was mentioned, oh think it was about the history of writing, like the letters of the then alphabet.. they had something to do with it. Yes!! ??

And certain even Islamic books now found recently (last year was it?) has some of it, in the world's oldest Mosque?? But only recently said that we to-day can read it this [ Pharisees/i] language and writing!!

Of course, the  Pharisees wrote before the arabs? Yes? The arabic language and letters are from the  Pharisees?

I remembrnow that that was live on the French TV  from France. So much interesting that I past way my bedtime - I could not help but look at it for nearly 2 hours... it seems;

there is now an arab history museum I think in  Paris that may help?

What I understood finally was that some of our letters in our alphabet to-day comes from them these:  Pharisees!!
I could never undertand that before, even if I had tried and tried!!

Did you see that on TV? That special show presented also Pharisees buildings, one or two cities; Babal too... was she  Pharisees? She went somwhere to see a great and gave him what... like superb gifts, since she was afraid and so wanted to save herself and her queendom??

Awaiting your news,

hugs! Keep care... so nice to read your efforts and notes!!

Offline Wayne

« Reply #95 on: January 26, 2008, 11:49:18 pm »
there is now an arab history museum I think in  Paris that may help?
Yes there is!  Right near the Ile St Louis in the Left Bank if I remember correctly. We bought some colorful fabric and stuff there about ten years ago for our living room.

:D    Here's the museum!

Don

Offline Wayne

« Reply #96 on: January 27, 2008, 12:05:50 am »
I love it....I just want to say "SNAP" ...

turned it back on them! I feel the same way about those religious nuts we have to deal with nowdays!!
Exactly! 

I really think Jesus was the John Lennon of his day and these guys were the church group chanting "Imagine John Lennon is dead."

"The kids in my church group used to sing, 'Imagine John Lennon is dead,' then we'd all laugh about it."  -- Mark David Chapman, the man who killed John Lennon

Don

Offline Wayne

« Reply #97 on: January 27, 2008, 12:11:20 am »
Shall we sing an hymn? Please turn in your hymnals to hymn number 365, "Imagine."

Imagine there's no Heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world

But I'm not the only one
And the world will live as one

Don

injest

« Reply #98 on: January 27, 2008, 12:16:15 am »
Shall we sing an hymn? Please turn in your hymnals to hymn number 365, "Imagine."

Imagine there's no Heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

But I'm not the only one
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world

But I'm not the only one
And the world will live as one

:-\ :-\

Offline Wayne

« Reply #99 on: January 27, 2008, 12:19:29 am »
 :'(   Yep, yep, yep ...     :-\

Don