BetterMost Community Blogs > Br. Patrick & His Near-Death Experiences

Anyone unable to watch BBM stars in other films?

(1/6) > >>

Br. Patrick:
I don't know what it is but I can't handle watching Heath, Jake, Michelle or Anne in ANYTHING other than Brokeback Mountain!  I bought the DVD “The Day After Tomorrow” as a demo for my new Surround Sound system, but had to give it away because Jake played Dennis Quaid’s son.   And I Really like Dennis Quaid!  I felt like something was wrong- like I was in a parallel universe or something.  The same thing has happened with Digital Cable (Showtime) and films showing Heath in medieval garb dancing a minuet and another with him as a heroin addict! Or seeing Michelle in some other film that I had to turn off immediately because all I could think of was her crying by the Apartment window when she sees Ennis and Jack take off for the mountains after the 4 year reunion.

I can only hope for the best for their careers in film but for me it will only be Brokeback Mountain that I will be able to watch them in.   It’s like they belong there.  That film has become so real to me!

I am wondering if this is just me or is anyone else experiencing the same phenomena?

Confused and Curious   ???   and more than a little bit crazy..

br. p

Brown Eyes:
I'm pretty much the same way Bud.  I just chalk it up to an unusual symptom of Brokie fever.

Lynne:
I had this problem for the first year or so after the film - I didn't watch much at all besides BBM - but I seem to be past it now.  I enjoyed watching Heath in CANDY and Jake in ZODIAC.  Once in awhile, I can 'glimpse' Ennis in Heath's performance or likewise Jack in Jake's, but it gives me feelings of love and fondness instead of feeling betrayed somehow...Just my own two cents...

-Lynne
 8)

Edited to add - I definitely don't think this is crazy, though.  I think we're all on different schedules with our healing after BBM.

Penthesilea:
I agree with everything Lynne said, Patrick. It was and is just the same for me.

--- Quote from: Lynne on January 07, 2008, 03:13:48 am --- Once in awhile, I can 'glimpse' Ennis in Heath's performance or likewise Jack in Jake's, but it gives me feelings of love and fondness instead of feeling betrayed somehow...Just my own two cents...

--- End quote ---

He he. Last week I watched A Knight's Tale, and suddenly, there was a facial expression of Heath and I was like "OMG, there's Ennis!"  :laugh:
I also enjoy these brief glimpses.

Br. Patrick:

--- Quote from: Lynne on January 07, 2008, 03:13:48 am ---I enjoyed watching Heath in CANDY and Jake in ZODIAC.  Once in awhile, I can 'glimpse' Ennis in Heath's performance or likewise Jack in Jake's, but it gives me feelings of love and fondness instead of feeling betrayed somehow...Just my own two cents...

-Lynne
 8)

Edited to add - I definitely don't think this is crazy, though.  I think we're all on different schedules with our healing after BBM.

--- End quote ---

Both Zodiac & Candy are now playing on Showtime.. but I can't look, I just can't... Jack & Ennis live in my mind, and their wives too.  I don't think I want to get past this.  I want them to stay with me all ways..    :-\

I love "The Wizard of Oz" and think Judy's Dorothy is incomparable.   But I love her other films and tv show too.   Very wierd feeling  ???

br. p

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version