Author Topic: CHUCK our Resident Random Tickler is having a birthday....  (Read 167369 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Re: CHUCK our Resident Random Tickler is having a birthday....
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2009, 12:51:45 pm »
Dear Little Brother,

It is a beautiful clear day, and although it is cold, remember you are on the mountain top today. Take a good look around, you will never have quite this view again, because frankly it is all down hill from here.  :laugh:

This time next year you will be squinting to see the headlights of the cars on the plane below, in a few years you will be asking to sheep to repat their bleeps, because they will start to mumble more and more. Your Mariconera will become a full sized bag because you will become familar with ever public restroom in town and will learn the benefits of carrying your own paper and lysol. The purple car will have to traded in for a four wheel drive because of techtonic movements make the trail to the summit even more steep than it is now.  ;)

But don't worry about that today, this is your day, in the sun, on the mountain top. It is a beautiful day, the wind brings a constant supply of fresh air. Fresh and clean. Just a hink, a memory of Sage.

Breath deep.

I am including a clip from toward the ending of My Girl 2, where Vada's mother sings to her in an old home movie, across time, distance and probability. It is in the same spirit I wish you well, and send you a hug.

Love you, Truman

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYvA3lKNH1w[/youtube]

"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Clyde-B

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Clyde-B when he was Jack and Ennis's age
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2009, 02:45:30 pm »
HAPPY
BIRTHDAY
CHUCK!!!

I picked up a little something for your Birthday, but I can't get it to stay wrapped. 
Hope it's the right size!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2009, 03:26:26 pm »

Hope it's a great year for you!
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2009, 04:37:44 pm »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHUCK

You are imagining yourself in Hawaii.  Or wherever else you want to be for the day.
                                            Have fun on your mini vaca
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 09:55:44 pm by ifyoucantfixit »

Beautiful mind

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2009, 05:15:48 pm »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHUCK !!

:) :) :) :) :)

Guess I'm one of the relatively few Brokies who've never met you..... So let me take this opportunity to thank you for your ever-cheerful and positive presence!

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2009, 05:21:59 pm »
Guess I'm one of the relatively few Brokies who've never met you.....

I am one of those too, Mikaela..  :-\

j.U.d.E.
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2009, 05:22:46 pm »
Dear Little Brother,

It is a beautiful clear day, and although it is cold, remember you are on the mountain top today. Take a good look around, you will never have quite this view again, because frankly it is all down hill from here.  :laugh:

This time next year you will be squinting to see the headlights of the cars on the plane below, in a few years you will be asking to sheep to repat their bleeps, because they will start to mumble more and more. Your Mariconera will become a full sized bag because you will become familar with ever public restroom in town and will learn the benefits of carrying your own paper and lysol. The purple car will have to traded in for a four wheel drive because of techtonic movements make the trail to the summit even more steep than it is now.  ;)

But don't worry about that today, this is your day, in the sun, on the mountain top. It is a beautiful day, the wind brings a constant supply of fresh air. Fresh and clean. Just a hink, a memory of Sage.

Breath deep.

I am including a clip from toward the ending of My Girl 2, where Vada's mother sings to her in an old home movie, across time, distance and probability. It is in the same spirit I wish you well, and send you a hug.

Love you, Truman

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYvA3lKNH1w[/youtube]

Damn Tru!
You are so much better than Hallmark! :-*
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2009, 05:37:40 pm »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHUCK !!

:) :) :) :) :)

Guess I'm one of the relatively few Brokies who've never met you..... So let me take this opportunity to thank you for your ever-cheerful and positive presence!

I have never met this wonderful Birthday Boy either but I've met people who has met him......so almost......maybe sometimes.......a dance......I have to learn first.....

Happy and warm birthday hugs from a freezing cold northen Sweden! -22 degrees Celsius........
Ennis.....always Ennis.....

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2009, 06:54:00 pm »

HOPE YOU'RE IN THE PINK TODAY, CHUCK!
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline optom3

« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2009, 09:56:27 pm »
I can not do fancy things with this computer. I can however wish you a truly wondrous birthday. Thanks for brightening up many a dull day. Remember you are only 1 day older than you were yesterday !!!