Author Topic: Is Jack still alive?  (Read 25805 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Is Jack still alive?
« on: January 16, 2008, 03:28:16 pm »
Is Jack still alive?

Is this a possibility? I think so... in more than one way or proof.

Hugs!

Offline Artiste

Re: Is Jack still alive?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 05:41:48 pm »
Yes, is Jack still alive??

Don't forget that men do NOT talk.

Ladies do. Some anyway.

Concerning Jack's death, Lureen talks.

Jack is still live??

Come on, dare to comment, that is a time wherein something special is going on...
hugs!

moremojo

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 06:59:52 pm »
Believe it or not, a former member here once opined elsewhere online that Jack did not die at all, but moved on from Lureen, his family, and Ennis for that matter, and Lureen and Mr. and Mrs. Twist concocted and repeated the tire-explosion story both to save face and to punish Ennis. I found and continue to find this line of speculation outlandish, and nowhere supported in the text of the story (or the evidence of the film either).

Think about the weaknesses of this argument. For starters, there is the returned postcard stamped 'DECEASED'. Furthermore, Lureen includes the details on the body's cremation, the ashes being divided between her and Jack's parents, and the stone being placed in Jack's memory in Childress. That's a lot of detail whose accuracy Ennis could potentially check for himself. This is not to mention the resolve that Mr. Twist shows in placing his half of Jack's ashes in the family plot--another element whose physicality Ennis could conceivably confirm at a future time. Ennis never doubts Lureen's confirmation of Jack's death (that he died, rather than how he died) because he has no reason to do so...and neither, I think, do we. 

Offline Artiste

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 07:59:26 pm »
Thanks very much moremojo!

I am surprised by your comment, but not that much; I do like it!!

You note: Believe it or not, a former member here once opined elsewhere online that Jack did not die at all...

Moremojo, may I say that that is a strong probability or a possibility. At least, a wishful one. I do not think that that member is the only one to do so in a smilar way.... or so. There is one here on Bettermost that said something similar. And I tend to be starting to think so too!! Will anyone else dare to add?

As far are you say moremojo: Think about the weaknesses of this argument. For starters, there is the returned postcard stamped 'DECEASED'.
That or something similar had happened to me. To others too I read, even if they were not  dead! In my case, since 4 had beaten me leaving me for dead in that city where I fought  for 20 years plus a neighbour who was a criminal opening up crack houses and worst in our good neighbourhood, I had to continue to protect myself and so the post office helped me. Before that, I often did get letters in errors, at first one in a while, than a dozen or more, even hundrenths, from persons I never knew, never did nor ever will - that is still a mystery to me, but facts; my friend and friends did not beleive me concerning those letters from other cities not belonging to me nor in my city, but they were as surprised as I was when they saw them, so was the post office!!

As to your other points stated about weaknesses of such argument, I will re-read and let you know later... if you like, since I have to go walk mother's dog, and take out her garbage, etc., to help her.

Awaiting more news from you and from all, say just a moment: what about witness protection program???

hugs!! May all gay Jacks and others still be alive if they had too do so and be happy and safe!!

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 01:37:53 am »
if you mean a living Jack alive today in real life, no.He's dead.  But Ennis? yeah, I think he's alive
"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 01:49:33 am »
Is Jack still alive?

Is this a possibility? I think so... in more than one way or proof.

Hugs!

why would you ask this question? do you have trouble accepting his death, I know it was very hard for me. perhaps that is a useful topic for this thread:

Why is Jacks death so hard for us to accept, in spite of the overwhelming evidence in the ss and film that he died?

Offline Artiste

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 01:50:42 pm »
Thanks brokeplex, thanks brokenbackjack, thanks moremojo!!

May I answer all of you!!

Of course, like you say brokeplex, I had and have still trouble accepting Jack's death... like my W. (lover was murdered too I figure). Maybe these hard to comprehend things (murder, death, etc.) take time... what (be sad about??)??

Anyway, I do believe more and more that Jack is still alive, in the BM movie. There are some possible clues to that.

I figure that I have found some clues. Help me find others guys (and girls)... please.

Yes, brokenbackjack, I think there are clues in the BM movie that Jack is still alive like Ennis is at he end of the movie!

Moremojo, can you re-find that story you mention... any proof(s) there given Plus any other(s) such stories?

Hugs!! May all gay in the world be safe!! That can be a clue??

moremojo

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2008, 02:27:30 pm »
Moremojo, can you re-find that story you mention... any proof(s) there given Plus any other(s) such stories?
The arguments were made by the founder and moderator of the following online discussion group:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WildWestHistory_GayMen

This is currently an age-restricted group, so you will need to have a Yahoo account, be logged on, and be sure that you have your settings to approve access to 'Adult' groups in place before you can even access the homepage. You will need to become a registered member of the group to have access to the message archive there, in which the arguments to which I refer can be found (assuming that that post is still there).

Offline Artiste

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2008, 07:28:23 pm »
Thanks very much moremojo!

Wow, such protection.

Could you seek that, ask permission to copy and use it on Bettermost? Please

Hugs!

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2008, 07:10:20 pm »
Well, in the story as written Jack is really dead. Really, Most Sincerely dead. As dead as if a house had fallen on his head or he had melted Artiste.

Jack's dead.

That was the crux which  made Brokeback great. It was concieved of as a Greek tragedy in short story format
"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"