Author Topic: Is Jack still alive?  (Read 25704 times)

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Is Jack still alive?
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2008, 06:53:38 am »
outstanding Lee!! I couldn't remember where all that WAS

and the debate has taken interesting turns...
"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"

Offline RossInIllinois

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2008, 07:50:43 pm »
If you read the original published short story of Brokeback Mountain you will see that the writer's intent was to have the character of Jack Twist die and leave it up to the reader to decide how. Nothing in the short story even hints othewise.

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2008, 07:40:06 pm »
I still think that Jack is STILL alive!

So, then a BM II movie would be possible?

You think?

Hugs!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2008, 07:12:50 pm »
Hi to all and to guests too!!

Since I have not seen the urn with Jack's, I still think that Jack is still alive.

Can anyone here too??

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline elomelo

• Sr. Ranch Hand
    • My Fanfiction
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2008, 12:43:41 pm »
I agree with the person who said that the author's intentions was to have Jack die and then let the reader/viewer assume how. That was the blow that made the movie so powerfully emotional and REAL. And a sequel wouldn't be as powerful.

Then again, fanfiction begs to differ. :)

Offline Artiste

« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2008, 05:59:51 pm »
Thanks elomelo!

You say:
I agree with the person who said that the author's intentions was to have Jack die and then let the reader/viewer assume how. 

And to that, may I say that that can add to the mystery? Right?

However:
That was the blow that made the movie so powerfully emotional and REAL. And a sequel wouldn't be as powerful.

Why do you think that? If Jack is still alive, then the sequel could be just as interesting? Yes?

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2008, 06:42:20 pm »
Thanks elomelo!

You say:......

And to that, may I say that that can add to the mystery? Right?

However:
Why do you think that? If Jack is still alive, then the sequel could be just as interesting? Yes?

Au revoir,
hugs!

You know I normally agree with you,but I do think he is dead,and we have to decide for ourselves the mode of death.We will never be sure and that is why there is so much debate.
If Heath were still alive then certainly BBM 2 even if they had to have a Dallas/Bobby type shower dream scene.Actually that would suit me fine.Ennis in the shower, realising it was a dream and jack is alive.Definitely Ennis in the shower!!!!!

BUT and it is a big but,Heath is no longer with us and they simply could not replace him with anyone.There was only one Heath,and I wish he was still with us.
so this once I am going to disagree with you, sorry.

still maybe in another life hey !!!!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2008, 06:59:38 pm »
Thanks optom!

I am glad that you state that:
You know I normally agree with you,but I do think he is dead,and we have to decide for ourselves the mode of death.

Optom, to that we can think that Jack is dead, but we do NOT know that... it seems to me, in more than one way!!

Sure, we can decide, each one of us, the mode of death (being accident or murder); and, that is just that; and maybe that is a trick !! We already know that there are/is con artist(s) in the story. So, maybe this Jack death is a ruse by  con artist(s)... to direct us (as viewer off the trail; such tricks as to use false scent are used at times by criminals!

I do NOT think that Jack is dead, but we are lead to believe that, ONLY!

As to:
[/quote]
If Heath were still alive then certainly BBM 2 even if they had to have a Dallas/Bobby type shower dream scene.Actually that would suit me fine.Ennis in the shower, realising it was a dream and jack is alive.Definitely Ennis in the shower!!!!!

[/quote]

To me even if Heath, the actor, has passed, he can still be in BM II ... as to Lawrence Welk is still on TV, right?
A second choice: Even if BM II was done, it would NOT be nescessary to use Heath! Right?

Waiting your news,
 au revoir,

hugs!

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2008, 08:18:54 pm »
Thanks optom!

I am glad that you state that:....

Optom, to that we can think that Jack is dead, but we do NOT know that... it seems to me, in more than one way!!

Sure, we can decide, each one of us, the mode of death (being accident or murder); and, that is just that; and maybe that is a trick !! We already know that there are/is con artist(s) in the story. So, maybe this Jack death is a ruse by  con artist(s)... to direct us (as viewer off the trail; such tricks as to use false scent are used at times by criminals!

I do NOT think that Jack is dead, but we are lead to believe that, ONLY!

As to:

To me even if Heath, the actor, has passed, he can still be in BM II ... as to Lawrence Welk is still on TV, right?
A second choice: Even if BM II was done, it would NOT be nescessary to use Heath! Right?

Waiting your news,
 au revoir,

hugs!

OH NO Artiste !!!!! you are forcing me to disagree with you again.!!!!!!!! I am not a happy bunny !!!!

I could not acept anyone else as Ennis. Now if you can find Heath's doppleganger (spelled right?) then maybe .But other than that it has to be a no from me to BBM2.
I just love the Jake Heath interplay. It is simply not possible for me to see any other actor replace either of them.I fell in love with Jack and Ennis but also with Heath and Jake

Now you have to stop,I dont want to disagree with you anymore.Particularly after the lovely flowers !!!! the othe day.

I know your game,you just want to see them jump naked off the cliff into the lake again dont you!!!!!

XXXX Fiona

Offline Artiste

« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2008, 08:39:34 pm »
Thanks again optom3!

You say:
I could not acept anyone else as Ennis. Now if you can find Heath's doppleganger (spelled right?) then maybe .But other than that it has to be a no from me to BBM2.

Optom and others: [
A- consider that it would NOT be nescessary for Heath or his double to appear in an BM II, please, as that could be so?

B- Yes, a double could be used too, as that one must have been there? Which actor was his double ?

Jack, we know had a double. Which actor was his double ?

C- There could be too like flashback(s) wherein Jack and Ennis (Heath and Jack) were in the BM One!

Any other choices or ideas??

Yes, (Heath and Jake) Ennis and Jack:

I know your game,you just want to see them jump naked off the cliff into the lake again dont you!!!!!

That would be nice, especially with the camera being closer!! Other such scenes would be exiting in BM II, too!!

You made me smile there!

What do you think?

Hugs!