Author Topic: Sea Monkeys, Mood Rings, Men on the Moon, Black Lights and Hippies...  (Read 41633 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Sea Monkeys, Mood Rings, Men on the Moon, Black Lights and Hippies...
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2008, 02:23:14 am »
I remember many of those things too Jess. Well, not desegregation because that occurred around 1949 or 1950 in Indiana. But I do remember bussing, which was the second step of the desegregation process. That happened in the 1970's.

I also remember all the Army trucks. We lived about a mile from Fort Benjamin Harrison and there were many Army trucks around here. They closed Fort Ben in the 1990's and now only the finance center remains. It is still military, but many of the Army Officer's homes have been converted into apartments or condominiums. I remember hearing Reveille and Taps each day from Fort Ben when I was a kid. You could easily hear the bugle from our house.

I mentioned Sea Monkeys and mood rings in the title of this thread. Anyone remember those? I had a mood ring, but it stayed blue most of the time. I forget what that color meant.

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2008, 02:29:16 am »
I remember many of those things too Jess. Well, not desegregation because that occurred around 1949 or 1950 in Indiana. But I do remember bussing, which was the second step of the desegregation process. That happened in the 1970's.

I also remember all the Army trucks. We lived about a mile from Fort Benjamin Harrison and there were many Army trucks around here. They closed Fort Ben in the 1990's and now only the finance center remains. It is still military, but many of the Army Officer's homes have been converted into apartments or condominiums. I remember hearing Reveille and Taps each day from Fort Ben when I was a kid. You could easily hear the bugle from our house.

I mentioned Sea Monkeys and mood rings in the title of this thread. Anyone remember those? I had a mood ring, but it stayed blue most of the time. I forget what that color meant.

really? ya'll were desegregated in the fifties? It was my first year of school down here. I remember it very well cause I got moved to a new teacher...who I HATED...some boy stole my big pencil and she wouldn't make him give it back to me!

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2008, 02:58:57 pm »
Quote from: David
If the signal wasn't coming in very well, my parents would make me walk over and adjust the antenna for them. And if the signal suddenly improved while I was holding it, they would make me stand there with the antenna in my hand until the show ended.

OMG!  That's hysterical, but I feel bad about laughing!  Poor thing — you earned your keep!   :-*

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2008, 03:05:54 pm »
I had a mood ring, and it was my most prized treasure!!  Let's see if I can remember the 'moods' offhand:

Blue=cool, very relaxed
Green=nervous+tense
Yellow=?/don't remember
Orange/Red=angry
Purple=sexy

^That was my rusty memory, anyway.   From HowStuffWorks.com:

* Dark blue: Happy, romantic or passionate
    * Blue: Calm or relaxed
    * Blue-green: Somewhat relaxed
    * Green: Normal or average
    * Amber: A little nervous or anxious
    * Gray: Very nervous or anxious
    * Black: Stressed, tense or feeling harried

Offline Clyde-B

• Clyde-B when he was Jack and Ennis's age
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2008, 09:27:28 pm »
you burnt your bra??!  :o :o :o

or your 'bro'??

mansiere??

Technically, since I'm gay, I suppose I  could have burnt both my bra and my draft card, but I'm not into bras.  (I did learn how to unhook em with one hand though.)  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

injest

« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2008, 09:41:22 pm »
Technically, since I'm gay, I suppose I  could have burnt both my bra and my draft card, but I'm not into bras.  (I did learn how to unhook em with one hand though.)  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh:

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2008, 09:50:16 pm »
Quote from: Clyde-B
Technically, since I'm gay, I suppose I  could have burnt both my bra and my draft card, but I'm not into bras.  (I did learn how to unhook em with one hand though.)

Damn.  A lot of straight guys can't do that!   :o

injest

« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2008, 09:52:33 pm »
Damn.  A lot of straight guys can't do that!   :o

I have trouble and I wear one everyday!! my husband can though...I guess it just takes motivation and that good ol CAN DO spirit... :-X :-X

injest

« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2008, 09:53:14 pm »
(not that my husband has ever worn a bra....I meant he can get MY bra unhooked with one hand)

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2008, 09:55:09 pm »
LOL Jess!    ;)