Author Topic: Was Lureen a lesbian or bi, maybe?  (Read 21689 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Was Lureen a lesbian or bi, maybe?
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2008, 10:57:23 pm »
OK Louise!

Thanks!

Hugs!

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2008, 07:04:37 am »
Artiste where do you get these crazy ideas from? I,m sorry to be blunt, but thats just the way I am I,m afraid. There is NO evidence whatsoever, in either the short story or the film that Laureen was gay or bisexual. NONE. I think you just have an overactive imagination. She was NOT gay, she was NOT bisexual. She married Jack and she loved him. End of story. Jeez. ::)

Offline Artiste

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2008, 12:29:52 pm »
Thanks souxi! And thanks to all, and am glad that many continue and will be present again and again here... hopefully.  Glad that you all care for human lives, in wondrous ways, with this BM movie too, as I figure Lureen is crying out for justice like Ennis and Jack did!! Lureen is Jack, may I say!

WE must never give up Lureens, Ennis' and Jacks!! They cry for justice... we give them by our thoughts!!!
We must and can act as this is a crisis that can not continue, even if it is somewhat perpetual for now in the World! It is everybody's bussiness to save them, to save ourselves since we are gays men, lesbian women, bisexual persons, heterosexuals, or others, or combinations. We all struggle for joy as joie de vivre, gay, times!!

Like it or not, Lureen's story is all of us, like Ennis and Jack's lives are too!! Lesbians like females (were/are) are regarded as non-persons still, potentially mental and dangerous by society then, and in some countries now, unfortunaltey; some muslims (and others) not uncommonly will kill their wive(s) to-day simply since she looked at an another man; such slaved women murdered to-day is common say Tv to-day!! And Lurenne might have been set ablaze, like some were in the USA colonies for being considered witches?? Danger remains for females in many ways, look at the past, present and, hopefully the future will be better and better for females; for Lureens! Terrible crimes are being committed against gay men, against lesbian, bisexuals too to-day, and of course to heterosexuals and others too!! I pray for everyone to be safe and be happy, gay, as you like!!

I am happy that you are blunt as you say, since I think that we need to be frank and agressive like Lureen some times!!

I am not as versed as she is, nor like you all. Be patient with me... please. Lureen had to be patient and agressive too!!

May I disagree with you, and say that indeed that I feel and am finding that Lureen is a lesbian or bisexual female, plus a woman, plus a mother, plus a spouse!! I applaud her!! Every person is a combination - like us in certain times- may I say!!

Likely I am now way, way, way ahead of all or most of you here now. So difficult for me to prove that. Here is another effort of mine, trying to show that Lureen is indeed bisexual and lesbian... plus other orientations. It's a mystery??

It is not easy for me to prove that to you and to others, since it is mainly abstracts in the Brokeback Movie movie. She does partake her life that way, as a lesbian, especially being a bisexual - since she does divide her life that way, as she has no other choice; plus, she grows that way, in the movie... I see, as her reality!! There is logics to this, bisexuality of her and by her.

She has to hide her lesbianism, she found that or not in college?? I think that she may very well enjoyed to touch slightly secretively - female for female issues - in college, and maybe had sex with another female(s) there. She did not approfondir French word, I guess to deepen more and more in English) that there in college or did she? She is in pain; quickness of sex shows that!! Does she feel guilty for being a lesbian - likely so unfortunately, since society dictates that, even by execution (death) to-day in certain countries; rediculing in our democratic countries still to certain degrees (hopefully that is changing) since our cries are being seen and the murdering of innocent persons like gay men for being gay men is reveal too as senseless and not human acts as humanity!!

In Lureen's case, becoming bisexual by choice and by force which society imposes - saves her life (temporarily is another thread later on). WE can not change history that much or at all, but we can change the present and the future; Lureen changes her present - for now we know (I know) that as she captures Jack and she will change also Jack's future (that is another thread saving him again).

I think that the BM movie is an important document for bisexuals and too for lesbianism; and for heterosexuality; and maybe for other sexual orientations or mixtures (combinations we know already as bisexual Ennis and Jack are to certain degrees and qualities).

Not afraid to contest, we must not be... the BM movie tells. Bisexuality is upfront since Ennis and Jack, have to marry females, of course they each do so differently. But they hope for homosexuality or something else too, each one, differently; gay sex for Jack; straight sex for Ennis with another man!! As first base, as second plot becoming like first bases too!!

Sex is GRAND in the BM movie; too in Annie's book; thank goodness. Natural! Good!!

It is very hard to establish lesbian ways and proofs for me, since I am not versed like you are all in composing for such or such.

Story plots are proofs of bisexuality, right??

The sections of plots being numerous are in themselves proof, I say, of lesbian issue, in the BM movie. No one can contest that homosexuality might not be there, nor that straight sex between two straight men can be there, nor straight sex man with a bi or gay man is not there. There are wonderful combinations, some shown as realities, some thought about as possibilities even if one can be imprisoned or place in an mental instituon or murdered for it in a so-called civilized world then and now, some underlined as abstracts.

Annie starts sex in different ways, evidence... she prepares; the BM mvoie prolongs that as abstracts that become real too... and it prepares too for numerous kinds of sex and comibinations too of couplings.

Not only spouces as couples are there in the book and film!! Partners are already identified by Annie; the BM movie covers that and adds more; of course, both Annie and the BM movie outlines possibilites as real stories, plus abstract ones underlined; plus, the infornations of that, adds more even as abstracts... as combinations for lovers!! To be happy and gay in!!

I will not suspend my idea about Lureen being lesbian or not, and for the moment offer the possibility of lesbians is like reality in the BM movie... to me. Lureen is agressive, why?? That says something, right!! I add that is saying many, many things, of course heterosexual living or especially likeness of that including bisexuality too, and I dare say lesbian as transition... surely or possibly.

Lureen is very, very well doing her job (for lack of a better word as choice forced as well as unforced) as a bisexual which she hides of course to the public; but not to some close to her??

Much needs to be said yet if Lureen is a lesbian...

hugs!!

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2008, 12:42:12 pm »
Artiste what makes you think that Laureen is lesbian though? I don,t understand how you have come to this conclusion atall. Sorry but this is just crazy.  ::)

Offline Artiste

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2008, 12:56:01 pm »
Thanks souxi!

I wish I had the talent to explain it to you.

I think that I have given clues here. Help.... help.

It takes time I guess... to think so. It took me much time... can not sleep now thinking of that her being so!

I accept her as lesbian... for many reasons too!!

Souxi, try another way maybe: what tells you that Lureen is NOTa lesbian or bisexual??
Hugs!

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2008, 02:36:36 pm »
QUOTE:

She has to hide her lesbianism, she found that or not in college?? I think that she may very well enjoyed to touch slightly secretively - female for female issues - in college, and maybe had sex with another female(s) there. She did not approfondir French word, I guess to deepen more and more in English) that there in college or did she? She is in pain; quickness of sex shows that!! Does she feel guilty for being a lesbian - likely so unfortunately, since society dictates that, even by execution (death) to-day in certain countries; rediculing in our democratic countries still to certain degrees (hopefully that is changing) since our cries are being seen and the murdering of innocent persons like gay men for being gay men is reveal too as senseless and not human acts as humanity!!

In Lureen's case, becoming bisexual by choice and by force which society imposes - saves her life (temporarily is another thread later on). WE can not change history that much or at all, but we can change the present and the future; Lureen changes her present - for now we know (I know) that as she captures Jack and she will change also Jack's future (that is another thread saving him again).
UNQUOTE:

Artiste, Laureen doesn,t have to hide her lesbianism, because she isn,t a lesbian and she isn,t bisexual either. I really don,t understand, and can,t work out how on earth you have convinced yoursefl that she was either of these.  :-\

Offline Sandy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2008, 02:56:38 pm »
I think that if Lureen wanted a female lover, she would have taken one as easily as put sugar in her tea.  She had a husband, a son and a job and if there was anything else she wanted, she would have made damn sure she got it.  I see nothing in her to indicate that she was attracted to females, but I base my opinion on the fact that, had she been so, she would not have let it lie. 

Offline Artiste

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2008, 03:03:06 pm »
Thanks souxi, and thanks BBM-Cat!!

Why, this question if this thread, is this like taboo?? I consider it valid
not only as a question; also as a possiblity as well as a probability!!

Hard for me to prove to you and to all, yes!! I wish I had your talents to do so!!

Like quoting BBM-Cat:
Who knows, perhaps as Ennis suggested, Jack did bring up the idea to Lureen about she and Alma adopting the girls and all of them living together as two happy gay couples herding sheep.
Preposterous.

To you two and to all: In return why you think that as preposterous??
I think that was possible. After all, she did live with Jack for how many years??

And, therefore, may I add, do not husband and wife talk about their relationship??
We are in the BM movie somewhat lead to think that Jack and Lureen do not talk... anymore, yes but what was before that... they did talk about their relationship?? I think sosurely since Jack does he not wish it still that kind of communications between him and his wife?? I say yes!!

Of course, Jack wants still communications as a relationship with Ennis, I agree!!  Note his words and his thought: plus Jack still wants too his relationship with Lureen, his wife. Does he tells Ennis that he wants to divorce Lureen?  But I say Lureen now either is more lesbian, than bi; or more bisexual now... and so even if she still lets Jack be with her, she looks at another woman!!

I praise her that she does not then look at other men!! That is a clue too, saying that she is lesbian?

Do I have something there??

Awaiting your thoughts or search,

hugs!!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2008, 03:27:05 pm »
Thanks Sandy. Your comment was arriving as I posted mine.

I am very happy with your comment. May I quote you:
I think that if Lureen wanted a female lover, she would have taken one as easily as put sugar in her tea.  She had a husband, a son and a job and if there was anything else she wanted, she would have made damn sure she got it.  I see nothing in her to indicate that she was attracted to females, but I base my opinion on the fact that, had she been so, she would not have let it lie. 

Sandy, may I say that by your comment, in a way or more says, that Lureen is a lesbian... indeed!!- I will try to explain, OK! To me, Lureen came to realize that she did want a female lover, and she took one or about to do so near the end of the BM movie. She is impressed by a lady at that dance, yes?? Is it a crush on her??

Lureen at that dance, says a lot with little words.... which mean much!
And she adds why men don't like to dance, women do... or something like that which indicates to me her desire to come into a lesbian relationship with that lady or another in the future. I see nothing wrong in thinking that about her then... and I accept her for that talk!!

There and then at that dance:
She is frustrated not only with her husband (being a man) but with men!! She yearns for female companionship, yes??

I am not a lady being a man. But it seems to me in ladies' conversations in public, a lady does talk about female issues discreetly to other ladies, right?? Here at that dance Lureen is frustrated with men, wants really to dance with the female there she chums with... and likes females in more than one way!! I praise her. Is she not a product of female sexual revolution?

But trying to free herself as lesbian, will she ever do it? Impossible maybe in her situation, married to a man, having a child, being in a society we know and we were shown not only disagrees with lesbiamisn then (and to a less extent now hopelfully as seen on Oprah last week), her father would never or does accept her as a lesbian or bisexual??

If he (her father) knows, he can only accept her as bisexual if she does it utmostly discreetly - that we know since he allowed her to court in quick sex and quick marriage as to capture a man; she is the one who wants and forces marriage on to Jack!! ?? Right??

It is not Jack that asks her for her hand in marriage, right??

Awaiting your thoughts and reseach from you and from all,

hugs!!

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2008, 03:34:46 pm »
Artiste just because Laureen might have been impressed with Lawshawn at the dance, doesn,t mean she fancied the pants off of her. She could simply have been admiring her dress or her hair. Women do do that you know, even me. It doesn,t make us raving lesibians!!   ::)
I,m not taking any further part in this discussion because it,s just ridiculous. You havn,t yet explained to me, or anyone else, in plain simple English, how you have arrived at this crazy theory of yours.  I just don,t get it, and I certainly don,t beleive it for one moment, and I don,t think anyone else does either.