Author Topic: Were Jack's parents, others, invited to his wedding?  (Read 5584 times)

Marge_Innavera

Re: Were Jack's parents, others, invited to his wedding?
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2008, 11:58:43 am »
I can't imagine Lureen having a quickie wedding at the courthouse, and assume Jack's parents were invited. If they didn't come, the reason was probably some harsh financial realities.  A trip from northeast Wyoming to Texas would have been a major financial hurdle for them.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2008, 12:02:00 pm »
I can't imagine Lureen having a quickie wedding at the courthouse, and assume Jack's parents were invited. If they didn't come, the reason was probably some harsh financial realities.  A trip from northeast Wyoming to Texas would have been a major financial hurdle for them.

true, but the Newsomes could have easily helped them come down to visit. I think the Twists were too proud to ask and the Newsomes didn't like Jack so they didn't offer.

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2008, 03:35:04 pm »
Thanks brokeplex, and thanks all!!

I will try to answer to all later in. If I forget, please remind me. I am more and more pressed for time... these days!!
For now, may I think about Marge with brokeplex comments:

Brokeplex, to quote you in your reply to Marge_Innavera:
Insert Quote
Quote from: Marge_Innavera on Today at 10:58:43 AM
Your reply brokeplex to Marge:
true, but the Newsomes could have easily helped them come down to visit. I think the Twists were too proud to ask and the Newsomes didn't like Jack so they didn't offer

To both of you Marge, and brokeplex, ( and to all too);
May I say:
Something tells me that Lureen's father would have not offered money for Jack's parents to attend his daughter's wedding!! He is too rich to do so and too cheap!!

What do you think,

hugs!!

Scott6373

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2008, 04:03:54 pm »
I'm sure they were invited to the wedding.  No reason why they wouldn't be.  I doubt they attended though.