Author Topic: Annie Proulx on "Blood on the Red Carpet"  (Read 2869 times)

Offline BBMGrandma

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Jack....I swear.....
Annie Proulx on "Blood on the Red Carpet"
« on: March 11, 2006, 02:06:34 am »
No matter what Ms. Proulx writes....wrenches at your gut!!   Here's her review on the oscars....

Such Food for thought!!!

http://film.guardian.co.uk/oscars2006/story/0,,1727312,00.html#article_continue

And BTW....the vertical sign referred to in this writing....Scientology....is explained thusly:

"...As we waited for our number to be called we could see the enormous lighted marquee across the street announcing that the "2006 Academy Award for Best Picture had gone to Crash". The red carpet now had taken on a different hue, a purple tinge.

The source of the colour was not far away. Down the street, spreading its baleful light everywhere, hung a gigantic, vertical, electric-blue neon sign spelling out  S C I E N T O L O G Y...."

Comment:  Interesting - was there a Scientology contingent supporting Crash?

Answer:  Oh, yes. Paul Haggis, the director & screenwriter for "Crash" (bald guy who picked up original screenplay award) is very active in that group.  He also wrote "Million Dollar Baby," last year's best picture winner ...

The hierarch Hubbard held that no civilization would survive which allowed homosexuals in its midst.  So it was that night in the "civilization" of the Hollywood heffalumps.
"If we never dream....we'll never have a dream come true"   (me...myself...and I)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
Re: Annie Proulx on "Blood on the Red Carpet"
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 08:16:01 pm »
No matter what Ms. Proulx writes....wrenches at your gut!!   Here's her review on the oscars....

"And rumour has it that Lions Gate inundated the academy voters with DVD copies of Trash - excuse me - Crash a few weeks before the ballot deadline."

Oh my... I think the file below says it all.  :D

You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline BBMGrandma

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Jack....I swear.....
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006, 08:24:59 pm »

"And rumour has it that Lions Gate inundated the academy voters with DVD copies of Trash - excuse me - Crash a few weeks before the ballot deadline.

100,000 of them to be exact!!  Timed to coincide with the OLYMPICS being televised!!

Could we call it...."crashgate"  perhaps?
"If we never dream....we'll never have a dream come true"   (me...myself...and I)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2006, 09:52:39 pm »
Yeah, but did anyone watch the Olympics anyway?  Who can watch that when we are obsessing about BBM.
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming