Author Topic: Heath Ledger - the grieving thread  (Read 630035 times)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: Heath Ledger dead - grieving thread
« Reply #160 on: January 22, 2008, 09:24:18 pm »

:'(

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #161 on: January 22, 2008, 09:26:01 pm »

Hey Bud,
You're right about the original schedule for the chat.  It seems sort of spooky to me that we happened, sort of randomly to move the Full Moon chat up by two days.  We just felt like it would be more convenient on a Sunday and also further away from the Coming Thru chat on the 24th.

Man.  Who would have ever, ever guessed how traumatic today, the real full moon, would turn out to be.

And Amanda, the 10pm EST chat was so full that everybody couldn't even get in that wanted to. People were literally having to leave to let others in. Looking back at that after this horrible news it just seems strange now. It's almost like somehow people knew something and felt a need to come together. I always try to come to the chats, but I have never seen any that full to where we maxed out the number that could get in.

Offline Kay-Nasty

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • "Just Sending Up A Prayer Of Thanks"
« Reply #162 on: January 22, 2008, 09:28:32 pm »
The New York Time has his birthday wrong.  :(  Said April 1st. 
:'( How sad. No respect.

I found out about 3 hours ago, and I think just now, its starting to hit me. I honestly don't think I'll ever be able to watch another one of his movies, at least not for a long time. And I've seen and loved every one from 10 Things I Hate About You to I'm Not There. And until today, I've been so very excited about The Dark Knight, close to obsessive even, and I just became a fan as soon as I heard who the new joker would be over the summer. I was even already to get tickets for the midnight premiere with or without any friends, but now, I'm not so sure if I'll see it at all. I'll only end up crying. Some more. :'( :'( :'(

"I never had money, and I was very happy without it. When I die, my money's not gonna come with me. My movies will live on - for people to judge what I was as a person."  ~Heath, I swear

Offline EDelMar

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • self-photo up on Brokenback
« Reply #163 on: January 22, 2008, 09:28:36 pm »

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #164 on: January 22, 2008, 09:29:25 pm »
That's how I'd like to remember Heath.  As our Ennis, young, smiling and in love.

I don't think you could express it any better than that Paul. I was actually able to copy the writing and the picture that you did and put it into a word document. I wanted to have that forever.

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #165 on: January 22, 2008, 09:29:47 pm »
It's incredible to me that Heath died on the actual Full Moon.

OH! You are right. I was walking my cats around the block earlier - Brokie and Sayif - and I was looking at the full moon and was amazed by how much it lit the building and street. Then I came back to my flat and read about what happened....

:'(

j.U.d.E.
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #166 on: January 22, 2008, 09:33:00 pm »
Adam, that is just so great what you posted. You know I thought about you when I heard about all this, the truck that I have ridden in, everything, a lot of things I owe to you for bringing me into this community of wonderful people.

Jack

Offline mario

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #167 on: January 22, 2008, 09:33:32 pm »
we came here originally crying, trying desperately to make sense of what we had just seen on screen.....and found a community of the like-minded, of the fine, good people of this world......and now we come again crying, seeking solace in our far-flung community, world-wide actually......James Dean, River Phoenix, and now Heath Ledger......the gods giveth, the gods taketh away.....whether suicide, or drug overdose....doesn't matter really....he is gone......and we mourn....oh how we mourn......and will continue to mourn....the characters, the roles he could've had, would have created....all lost now......Batman is a must see now.....tho not as we imagined it.....i prefer to remember him as Cassanova, which i saw after BBM......so carefree, so light, so lovely....so having fun.....oh my golden boy, yu have broken my heart.

Offline Katness

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Proud wolf in human clothing.
« Reply #168 on: January 22, 2008, 09:37:32 pm »
Uhh, well that was/is an odd morning......middle of the day.

I woke up and turned on my computer and opened to Sydney Morning Herald website only to be told of Ledger's death. Now, I'm having a surreal morning....middle of the day. *rubs sleep from her eyes*

I need a coffee.

And Mario, that was lovely.

Sincerely, Kat.
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.

If all is not lost, then where is it?

I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #169 on: January 22, 2008, 09:38:21 pm »
I'm here
but not

It's just too much for me right now

Heathen