Author Topic: Heath Ledger - the grieving thread  (Read 630006 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Heath Ledger dead - grieving thread
« Reply #180 on: January 22, 2008, 10:18:12 pm »
Hello everybody.  Its been a long time since I've dropped in to say hey... and I wish ... oh god I wish it were for a better reason than this.
Hi, hungry hungry! A little silver lining to the grief to see you again. I always though you left us because you were fabulously happy and living your life to the fullest. That's true, isn't it!! I emailed you today but it bounced back. So my heart leaped to see you here again! Thanks for huddling with us in our grief.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline smellykellyjay

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #181 on: January 22, 2008, 10:20:13 pm »
On the ride home from work tonight, I was reading an interview the AV Club did with Linda Cardellini about "Freaks and Geeks," http://www.avclub.com/content/feature/linda_cardellini ("Brokeback Mountain" isn't mentioned in it.).  One thing she said about the show struck me as applicable to Heath, "Well, sometimes bright lights burn fast, and you really can't count on anything lasting too long."
I been one poor correspondent, and I been too, too hard to find, but it doesn't mean you ain't been on my mind.  -- America

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #182 on: January 22, 2008, 10:20:32 pm »
I'm reading here and suddenly started shaking my head..

It just won't sink in..

j.U.d.E.
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #183 on: January 22, 2008, 10:20:44 pm »

i WAS  in for about an hour and left so others could make it in.. so if you want to try and go in there is one seat open..
chat will only take max 13 and we had that number in there...so you can try now if you would like........{{{{{{{{{{hugs to you
all..}}}}}}}}}}}}}      I want to send love and comfort to all the brokies now..........

Beautiful mind

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #184 on: January 22, 2008, 10:24:10 pm »
    I was in a store at a cash register buying things that don’t really matter when I heard the news.  They had the radio on and I heard the name Heath Ledger, so I listened wondering what he was up to now.  The only thing I heard was “Heath Ledger, dead at twenty-eight.”

I stood paralyzed, an old man standing at a cash register, trying very hard not to cry about someone he didn’t even know.  It must have shown because the clerk asked me, “Are you all right?”  I shook my head, took my change and left wondering why he was dead so young, and I was still alive.

I grew up on borrowed heroes.  Wondering how they’d react if they knew  who I really was, what I really was.  It took half a century before I saw someone who would give me a voice.  Someone who, straight or not, understood well enough what I had gone through to be able to show the world.  Someone who could be my real hero.

I will miss him.

[[[[[CLYDE ]]]]]]]]
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #185 on: January 22, 2008, 10:28:42 pm »
On IMDb it says in his list of personal quotes:

"I'm not good at future planning. I don't plan at all. I don't know what I'm doing tomorrow. I don't have a day planner and I don't have a diary. I completely live in the now, not in the past, not in the future."

I live in the now [..] not in the future.....

j.U.d.E.
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #186 on: January 22, 2008, 10:32:20 pm »
    I was in a store at a cash register buying things that don’t really matter when I heard the news.  They had the radio on and I heard the name Heath Ledger, so I listened wondering what he was up to now.  The only thing I heard was “Heath Ledger, dead at twenty-eight.”

I stood paralyzed, an old man standing at a cash register, trying very hard not to cry about someone he didn’t even know.  It must have shown because the clerk asked me, “Are you all right?”  I shook my head, took my change and left wondering why he was dead so young, and I was still alive.

I grew up on borrowed heroes.  Wondering how they’d react if they knew  who I really was, what I really was.  It took half a century before I saw someone who would give me a voice.  Someone who, straight or not, understood well enough what I had gone through to be able to show the world.  Someone who could be my real hero.

I will miss him.

So sweet Clyde. {{{{{{{Clyde}}}}}}}
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Kay-Nasty

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • "Just Sending Up A Prayer Of Thanks"
« Reply #187 on: January 22, 2008, 10:39:49 pm »
i made a huge mistake and actually clicked onto the Heath Ledger IMDb Board. Can't believe how many horrible ppl felt the need to suddenly flock to his page. :-X But it gave me reason 10000000 why I love BM and all my fellow Brokies so much. The few "real" friends and family I have who even know who he is...was... :'(... are only sad because "there goes another cute face in hollywood". I have no words for them.
Thank you so much everyone. Apparently you guys are the only ones who really know how I feel right now. And I really appreciate all the hugs so many of you were giving out. I really needed it. :)

I love you all.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{BM Brokies}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

And I'm still waiting for that pinch to wake me up from this dreadful nightmare.
http://www.msn.com/

"I never had money, and I was very happy without it. When I die, my money's not gonna come with me. My movies will live on - for people to judge what I was as a person."  ~Heath, I swear

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #188 on: January 22, 2008, 10:41:14 pm »

((((((((((Everyone))))))))))

Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!