Author Topic: Heath Ledger - the grieving thread  (Read 629950 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Heath Ledger dead - grieving thread
« Reply #220 on: January 22, 2008, 11:52:45 pm »
They're reporting that Heath's mom and dad heard of his death on the news.

Sigh...

Well, that just sucks. What an awful way to learn that your child has died.  >:(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Katness

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Proud wolf in human clothing.
« Reply #221 on: January 22, 2008, 11:54:08 pm »
i made a huge mistake and actually clicked onto the Heath Ledger IMDb Board. Can't believe how many horrible ppl felt the need to suddenly flock to his page. :-X But it gave me reason 10000000 why I love BM and all my fellow Brokies so much. The few "real" friends and family I have who even know who he is...was... :'(... are only sad because "there goes another cute face in hollywood". I have no words for them.
Thank you so much everyone. Apparently you guys are the only ones who really know how I feel right now. And I really appreciate all the hugs so many of you were giving out. I really needed it. :)

I love you all.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{BM Brokies}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

And I'm still waiting for that pinch to wake me up from this dreadful nightmare.
http://www.msn.com/

I agree. Actually, I'm still there looking out for posts that insight blatant hate speech or what have you and making them go *poof* by bringing them to the Admin's attention. But I'm also here for refuge.

Sincerely, Kat.
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.

If all is not lost, then where is it?

I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

Offline Katness

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Proud wolf in human clothing.
« Reply #222 on: January 22, 2008, 11:57:37 pm »
you know, I was just thinking. You think he knew how much he meant to us?

I wonder if Jake knows. I wish that we could do like DC did with the Oscar snub...take out an ad to tell Jake what he has done for us.

While we still can...while HE is still able to see it.

Well, I personally believe Heath now knows how much he meant to us.

Sincerely, Kat.
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.

If all is not lost, then where is it?

I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #223 on: January 22, 2008, 11:58:53 pm »
They're reporting accidental death, and Heath was suffering from pneumonia at the time.  Also, that Michelle is very distraught, and heading to NYC.

Thanks, Flash. I sure hope it's true, and the medical examiner can prove it, so we're not left with some space between what we know, and what we want to believe.  :'(

And now I think I need a drink.  :(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #224 on: January 23, 2008, 12:02:26 am »
Barb. Oh my.

It is so good to see you. I hope all is well in Sunny Florida. Excepting sad, sad news, of course--

Pay no mind to those cretins. The yammering becomes a murmur and then blessed silence. (I haven't had a TV for over ten years, so it's probably easy for me to say, but still--)

I've been reading lots of posts this evening (what I can, that is, it is rather difficult) and I have been writing a few short notes--but when I saw your kind note I just had to reply.

So here's something that the yammering TV boobs might not have mentioned about Tuesday, January 22, 2008. It was a strange, strange day. I sat in a Starbucks on Delancey and Allen for while, and thought--about nothing in particular. Peaceful.

And then weirdly, 'coincidentally,' I walked down Broome Street, around 12:30 or so, then walked back and turned left onto Layfayette---

I went home, had lunch, looked out the window, at the East River. (It had been very sunny in the very early morning, but then it turned gray.) Suddenly it was snowing--quite a lot. It was pretty. Then suddenly, around 3 o,clock, or so, it stopped, it cleared, and there was no trace that it had ever snowed.

Very gray day, cold and clear, but as I said earlier, very peaceful.

You have a quiet, peaceful evening, Barb. Pay no mind.

xxxx
John

I can't thank you enough for those beautiful words, John.

You know, the wind is howling outside my window, now, through the pouring rain.  The wind is not unusual here this time of year, but the pouring rain is.  If Ennis is gone, too, then he is finally with Jack.  Between that notion and your lovely words, I think I just might have a peaceful night after all.

xxxx you, too,
Barb
No more beans!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #225 on: January 23, 2008, 12:02:42 am »
you know, I was just thinking. You think he knew how much he meant to us?

Well, they all knew how much they've done for us, because some of our fellow Brokies told them so, to their faces, at that screening in L.A. in 2006 where they were present for a discussion after the film was shown.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #226 on: January 23, 2008, 12:04:56 am »
Well, I personally believe Heath now knows how much he meant to us.

Sincerely, Kat.

He sure does Katness. I totally agree with you. If he didn't know it, he knows it now.

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Rayn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I'm also on FaceBook under Rayn Roberts
« Reply #227 on: January 23, 2008, 12:06:03 am »
I can hardly believe it. I just got the news about an hour and a half ago. It feels much like Jack dying in the movie only this it true life.  I know everyone will be terribly upset today and for a good while we will feel a great sadness.  Different scenes from Brokeback Mt keep appearing and disappearing in my mind.  I'm so sad and even if I tell myself to be thankful for a superb actor to have played a role that gave our community such a great gift, I can't feel anything but grief.  But I'm grateful our Bettermost community is here.  I'm sending a hug to anyone who needs it...  In memory of Heath.

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #228 on: January 23, 2008, 12:21:01 am »
I just heard the news on my way to work. What a shock. My heartfelt sympathy goes out to Heath's family, Michelle and little Matilda. It's so heartbreaking that Heath won't see her grow up now. It really makes me cry.  :'(   

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #229 on: January 23, 2008, 12:30:59 am »
I can hardly believe it. I just got the news about an hour and a half ago. It feels much like Jack dying in the movie only this it true life.  I know everyone will be terribly upset today and for a good while we will feel a great sadness.  Different scenes from Brokeback Mt keep appearing and disappearing in my mind.  I'm so sad and even if I tell myself to be thankful for a superb actor to have played a role that gave our community such a great gift, I can't feel anything but grief.  But I'm grateful our Bettermost community is here.  I'm sending a hug to anyone who needs it...  In memory of Heath.

Thank you, Rayn.  {{{{{{{{{{Rayn}}}}}}}}}}
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~