Author Topic: Heath Ledger - the grieving thread  (Read 629989 times)

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
Re: Heath Ledger - the grieving thread
« Reply #320 on: January 23, 2008, 02:01:17 pm »
I have to consider myself very lucky.  

I have received many calls and emails from non-Brokie friends sending their condolences.

I'm a pretty "out" Brokie; even at work, everyone is asking if I'm OK. "I heard about Heath--I thought of you right away."   I just have to try to keep my composure at work.  

I can't/won't watch TV

Scott6373

« Reply #321 on: January 23, 2008, 02:02:23 pm »

I have received many calls and emails from non-Brokie friends sending their condolences.

I'm a pretty "out" Brokie; even at work, everyone is asking if I'm OK. "I heard about Heath--I thought of you right away."   I just have to try to keep my composure at work.  

I can't/won't watch TV

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Paul}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #322 on: January 23, 2008, 02:07:34 pm »
Quote from: ForgottenSpirit
I sympathize for his parents, siblings, daughter and Michelle.  And I sympathize everyone who is struggling with this right now, whether they be a former co-star, childhood friend, former love interest or a few truly caring individuals who are in love with his work and have devoted the last 2 years to an online community.
Heath will live in our hearts forever just as BBM does.  Try not to remember him for the negative but focus on the positive.  Focus on how real he was.  How inspirational he was.  Heath has touched the souls of every person on this site in one way or another.

Your whole post was full of wonderful words, ForgottenSpirit.  It's sure nice to have you here . . .  I just wish the circumstances were better . . .

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #323 on: January 23, 2008, 02:10:33 pm »
This was such a terrible shock. It makes what Heath gave us in BBM all the more precious.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #324 on: January 23, 2008, 02:11:57 pm »
{{{Scott}}} and {{{Paul}}}

God, it seems so lame to just put some brackets around your names on the computer.
But it's not. It's the best we can do for each other at the moment. Still, I wish I could give you a real hug, and receive some as well.

:'(

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #325 on: January 23, 2008, 02:12:14 pm »
This is the best place to be right now.

I'm holed up in my office with the door closed.  I don't want to talk to anyone, and I don't feel like doing anything.  I know everyone is wondering what's wrong with me.   The world is different now.  And I keep wondering why everything doesn't feel so different to everyone else.  Except for here - where everyone understands.   

Marie

I know. (((Marie))) I see the people at work walking by doing what they do everyday and they haven't got a clue. Being a brokie never caused me this much pain. But I'll be forever grateful for Ennis.

I'm glad I'm here.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Wishes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #326 on: January 23, 2008, 02:13:57 pm »

I know that Heath was his own person, but I don't know that person... so my grief is tied with the character he played.

It's such a tragic loss of a young life.

I agree with what you say here though. It is like losing Ennis. And because I relate so much to him, it's like a distant friend gone. But always there in the movie.

Offline oilgun

« Reply #327 on: January 23, 2008, 02:17:38 pm »

I can't/won't watch TV

I'm an "out" brokie as well and everyone knows I love Heath and I have to say that the people I work with were amazingly sensitive and supportive today, offering hugs and everything. Some said that they could relate because they went through a similar grieving process when Princess Diana was killed.  Anyway, it really helped.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #328 on: January 23, 2008, 02:21:12 pm »

I'm a pretty "out" Brokie; even at work, everyone is asking if I'm OK. "I heard about Heath--I thought of you right away."   I just have to try to keep my composure at work. 

I can't/won't watch TV

I'm an "out" brokie as well and everyone knows I love Heath and I have to say that the people I work with were amazingly sensitive and supportive today, offering hugs and everything. Some said that they could relate because they went through a similar grieving process when Princess Diana was killed.  Anyway, it really helped.

You're both very lucky indeed.

hugs to both of you.

'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline BelAir

« Reply #329 on: January 23, 2008, 02:24:09 pm »
I just wanted to share some thoughts about the black bag.  It was an object with the shell that had previously housed Heath.  At the time the stretcher left the house, Heath had already left his body - he wasn't there, he wasn't in that bag.  His physical form is something that we grieve over, but it isn't him.

That is what I think, at least.
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."