Author Topic: Heath Ledger - the grieving thread  (Read 629896 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Heath Ledger - the grieving thread
« Reply #370 on: January 23, 2008, 05:51:07 pm »
Welcome to Bettermost Ben! ;) :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #371 on: January 23, 2008, 05:58:47 pm »
I thought driving home from work today about the finality of Heath's death. In Brokeback, Jack's death was final, but not in the same way. I can't hardly describe how I feel each time I see the movie and Ennis gets the postcard back with "Deceased" on it. However, in some ways, it never seemed like it had to be final. I always thought well maybe Jack did not really die. Maybe he is actually out there somewhere. I always thought I could write another chapter where Jack was still alive. There was always a chance. However, with Heath's death there is no chance, there is no possibility, it is final. Who knew whether or not there could be a sequel where Jack and Ennis did have that ranch. Now it can never be for sure. There's no question about it. It is over. Heath is gone and with him he took Ennis. Jack was gone at the end of Brokeback, but Jake lives on thankfully. In my mind, Brokeback has come to a final end. And I just don't know exactly what to do or how to handle that.

I keep reading how much Heath was affected by playing the Joker. I have read a whole lot about how he put himself into the character of Ennis. It seems that Heath loved Ennis, but hated the Joker with the same intensity. The Joker's character was so opposite of Heath's true character that I feel he truly had a hard time handling it. I saw something on TV where Heath was talking about what a truly despicable character the Joker was.

Offline BelAir

Re: Heath Ledger dead - grieving thread
« Reply #372 on: January 23, 2008, 06:01:07 pm »
I know what you mean Cameron - I have the same feeling - it was the same with the Tsunami - I was just glues to the tv - even though I didn't want to be. The radio station I listen to in the morning - Chris Moyles on BBC Radio 1 (I believe its on a pay per hear radio channel in the USA) was talking about it - now normally Chris is a joker but he was quite sad this morning and was saying how he saw the news but that he couldn't tuen it off. He was saying that they said ' they're just bringing the body out' and he was like I don't want to see this - yet he didn't switch over.

I've just been looking up stuff as much as I can today  chekcing the news every 10mins for any updates....

I got a conversation on a station I don't usually have programmed... it was two a guys and a girl.  Having a nice, very valid, appropriate conversation about Heath.  No speculation, just comments about shock and sadness, kind of like on here.  It was nice.
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline BelAir

« Reply #373 on: January 23, 2008, 06:03:39 pm »
I'm sure the NYPD made sure to make the proper notifications before this got released to the press.  That's pretty standard procedure.

is it?  I wasn't sure 30 minutes would be enough time...

Offline BelAir

« Reply #374 on: January 23, 2008, 06:11:13 pm »
I thought driving home from work today about the finality of Heath's death. In Brokeback, Jack's death was final, but not in the same way. I can't hardly describe how I feel each time I see the movie and Ennis gets the postcard back with "Deceased" on it. However, in some ways, it never seemed like it had to be final. I always thought well maybe Jack did not really die. Maybe he is actually out there somewhere. I always thought I could write another chapter where Jack was still alive. There was always a chance. However, with Heath's death there is no chance, there is no possibility, it is final. Who knew whether or not there could be a sequel where Jack and Ennis did have that ranch. Now it can never be for sure. There's no question about it. It is over. Heath is gone and with him he took Ennis. Jack was gone at the end of Brokeback, but Jake lives on thankfully. In my mind, Brokeback has come to a final end. And I just don't know exactly what to do or how to handle that.

I keep reading how much Heath was affected by playing the Joker. I have read a whole lot about how he put himself into the character of Ennis. It seems that Heath loved Ennis, but hated the Joker with the same intensity. The Joker's character was so opposite of Heath's true character that I feel he truly had a hard time handling it. I saw something on TV where Heath was talking about what a truly despicable character the Joker was.

In a way Jack, I respectfully disagree...

Heath is only "gone" if we let him be gone.  There is no reason he can't live on through our hearts/spirits/inspiration, just like Jack and Ennis, if you will.  It is a chore sometimes, I think, to free our minds from perceiving 'life' as the physical being.  There is much, much to be sad about... but he is only as 'gone' as we let him be.

:-\

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #375 on: January 23, 2008, 06:16:16 pm »
is it?  I wasn't sure 30 minutes would be enough time...

well that was my thought. I'm sure whispers would have got around - even if the family found out via something like this

we have heard rumours that there is currently an incident in soho involving Heath Ledger - ambulances have been called to the apartment he was living in.

its still not good.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #376 on: January 23, 2008, 06:30:48 pm »
As if this week weren't sad enough, one of our own Brokies passed away this morning.

The thread for her is here

(primarily a DC-er, but many here have met her.)

Offline Sharon

« Reply #377 on: January 23, 2008, 06:38:53 pm »
... I have no words ...

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #378 on: January 23, 2008, 06:45:45 pm »
As if this week weren't sad enough, one of our own Brokies passed away this morning.

The thread for her is here

(primarily a DC-er, but many here have met her.)

Oh Laura.  :(  Thank you for letting us know.  So sad.

:(

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #379 on: January 23, 2008, 07:15:07 pm »
A Song for Heath

Go to sleep, may your sweet dreams come true
Just lay back in my arms for one more night
I've this crazy old notion that calls me sometimes
Saying this one's the love of our lives.

Refrain:
Cause I know a love that will never grow old
And I know a love that will never grow old.

When you wake up the world may have changed
But trust in me, I'll never falter or fail
Just the smile in your eyes, it can light up the night,
And your laughter's like wind in my sails.

(Refrain)

Lean on me, let our hearts beat in time,
Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long.
Who cares where we go on this rutted old road
In a world that may say that we're wrong.
"chewing gum and duct tape"