Author Topic: Heath Ledger - the grieving thread  (Read 629898 times)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: Heath Ledger - the grieving thread
« Reply #490 on: January 24, 2008, 10:37:49 pm »
The logical part of my brain has deserted me right now. I can't stop crying at this sad, desolate image of Heath, all alone amidst one of the world's most populous cities.   :'(

Kerry, please try to think positively about this.  We all know Heath wanted to be in a town where he could be just another Joe.  He didn't want to stand out with a posse of friends in popular places.  Maybe he liked doing these things alone.  He wasn't completely isolated.  Someone commented how he let his food go cold while text-messaging.  He was obviously talking to someone.  I myself take myself out to dinner and lunches quite regularly.  I don't even have an ipod or cell phone.  I just have a book and I'm perfectly content.  I enjoy being a 'regular' in places that know what I want to order the minute I come in the door.  I can't speak for Heath of course, but some people are naturally loners and it isn't a burden at all.  It's much easier to be one in a large city than a small one.   

Offline ptannen

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #491 on: January 24, 2008, 11:45:39 pm »
OK, 'm gonna stick my neck out here. . .

I was blown away reading this thread last night - most posts were about how we are all grieving the loss of Heath.  I just read the last nine pages posted today and IMHO, I think many of the posts are off-topic.  They should be on a new thread called "Baseless speculation on how Heath died" and "Why we all  justifiably hate Fred Phelps."  I, too am very curious about the cause of death, but we really won't know anything more until the medical examiner's report is released.  And, the fewer times I read any references to Fred Phelps, the better.

Let's continue on grieving (the process of feeling or expressing great sadness, especially when someone dies) and writing about our feelings about this terrible tragedy.

Pete
Is there anything interesting up there in heaven?

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #492 on: January 25, 2008, 12:12:26 am »
To all my Bettermost family members:

I just want to take this time to tell you all how much I love you!
Some of you I have met and hugged and some I have only responded to your posts and some I have just seen your names on threads.
But you all have become part of my story, the fabric of my life. You have helped me through the darkest days of my life and have lifted me up when I couldn't find the strength within myself to stand. You have shared tragedy and joy with me. Even through the tragic loss of Heath, whom I will always hold in a special place, you have rallied to support me as well as each other. You have become my family.
So, thank you all, I love each and every one of you very much.
Richard
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #493 on: January 25, 2008, 12:14:53 am »
(((Rich)))  :-*  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #494 on: January 25, 2008, 12:18:00 am »
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOCJAVlESEo[/youtube]

I think this says a lot...
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #495 on: January 25, 2008, 12:22:40 am »
Kerry, please try to think positively about this.  We all know Heath wanted to be in a town where he could be just another Joe.  He didn't want to stand out with a posse of friends in popular places.  Maybe he liked doing these things alone.  He wasn't completely isolated.  Someone commented how he let his food go cold while text-messaging.  He was obviously talking to someone.  I myself take myself out to dinner and lunches quite regularly.  I don't even have an ipod or cell phone.  I just have a book and I'm perfectly content.  I enjoy being a 'regular' in places that know what I want to order the minute I come in the door.  I can't speak for Heath of course, but some people are naturally loners and it isn't a burden at all.  It's much easier to be one in a large city than a small one.   

Logically, I know I will get through this. We all will, in time. And we'll be left with wonderful memories of Heath. Happy memories that time will never change, nor diminish.

I was very moved by your pic, "Ave atque vale." Some 12 years ago, I lost a dear friend, Andy, to a tragic, early death. Though we knew he was terminally ill, nothing really can fully prepare you for the death of a loved one, be they young or old. As part of my therapy, I felt the overpowering need to immortalise him, by dedicating a painting to his loving memory. I titled that painting, "Ave atque vale" (Hail and farewell). It is primarily inspired by the beautiful words of Kahlil Gibran, "For what is it to die but to stand naked in the wind and to melt into the sun?"

I would like to post my painting here, now, with a special dedication to Heath. Ave atque vale, Heath.

"Ave Atque Vale"
(For what is it to die but to stand naked in the wind and to melt into the sun?)
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline tforster

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #496 on: January 25, 2008, 12:35:07 am »
I rarely post here - but I'm a prolific lurker... it has been comforting the last few days to read so many moving tributes and to know there are others who feel as I do... unfortunately, I cannot openly grieve for Heath (and Ennis) in my real life as I'd like to -  so I'm very thankful that this community is here as well as a few others... no matter how ethereal these places may seem, they provide real solace.
Rest In Peace Heath/Ennis
~ Tom Forster

Offline KristinDaBomb

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
    • My Blog
« Reply #497 on: January 25, 2008, 12:46:06 am »
It still feels like a bad dream.
xoxo

~Kristin~

<3

Offline EDelMar

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • self-photo up on Brokenback
« Reply #498 on: January 25, 2008, 02:03:17 am »
Please come to the memorial service Sat Feb 9 in Denver,

http://www.heathandjackie.com/

Check it out.  More details coming on a separate thread here at BetterMost as well.

-Adam

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #499 on: January 25, 2008, 02:16:56 am »
I rarely post here - but I'm a prolific lurker... it has been comforting the last few days to read so many moving tributes and to know there are others who feel as I do... unfortunately, I cannot openly grieve for Heath (and Ennis) in my real life as I'd like to -  so I'm very thankful that this community is here as well as a few others... no matter how ethereal these places may seem, they provide real solace.
Rest In Peace Heath/Ennis
~ Tom Forster

Hi Tom,
I remember you and your story. It's good to see you here.

(((Tom)))