Author Topic: Heath Ledger - the grieving thread  (Read 629941 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Ledger - the grieving thread
« Reply #500 on: January 25, 2008, 02:57:07 am »
Hi Tom, I remember your name.  Good to have you back.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #501 on: January 25, 2008, 02:58:17 am »
You all, I am feeling a little less surreal, I think.  But having the truth beginning to sink in doesn't feel better.  Pete, thanks for guiding us back to topic.  :-*

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #502 on: January 25, 2008, 03:07:47 am »
You all, I am feeling a little less surreal, I think.  But having the truth beginning to sink in doesn't feel better. 

You know, I'm bouncing back and forth between this surreal, stunned, not believing state of mind and yes, sadly, slowly the news sinking in and starting to get true. I think it's even more horrible. I still don't want to believe.

Offline adrian

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #503 on: January 25, 2008, 03:08:16 am »
Adrian, :-*  Holding the horse means more to me now than ever.  Thank you again for your generosity.

My pleasure.   :)

Now, that little horse is even more special to me.
There were only two of them on the mountain flying in the euphoric, bitter air, looking down on the hawks back and crawling lights of vehicles on the plain below....they believed themselves invisible.   A. Proulx

Offline adrian

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #504 on: January 25, 2008, 03:13:21 am »
To all my Bettermost family members:

I just want to take this time to tell you all how much I love you!
Some of you I have met and hugged and some I have only responded to your posts and some I have just seen your names on threads.
But you all have become part of my story, the fabric of my life. You have helped me through the darkest days of my life and have lifted me up when I couldn't find the strength within myself to stand. You have shared tragedy and joy with me. Even through the tragic loss of Heath, whom I will always hold in a special place, you have rallied to support me as well as each other. You have become my family.
So, thank you all, I love each and every one of you very much.
Richard

Beautifully said, Richard.  Likewise.
There were only two of them on the mountain flying in the euphoric, bitter air, looking down on the hawks back and crawling lights of vehicles on the plain below....they believed themselves invisible.   A. Proulx

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #505 on: January 25, 2008, 05:11:04 am »
Hey, I went over to IMDb and invited grieving Heathens on the Heath page and the BBM page to come visit us.  If that draws any trolls, just click on "Report to Moderator" within their post, and poof, gone.  But hopefully, it'll help some people who could use the support.

On the Heath page --> http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005132/board/flat/95833061

On the BBM page --> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0388795/board/flat/95833279

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #506 on: January 25, 2008, 05:28:33 am »
Hey, I went over to IMDb and invited grieving Heathens on the Heath page and the BBM page to come visit us.  If that draws any trolls, just click on "Report to Moderator" within their post, and poof, gone.  But hopefully, it'll help some people who could use the support.

On the Heath page --> http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005132/board/flat/95833061

On the BBM page --> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0388795/board/flat/95833279

The IMDb Heath page is moving so fast, that my invitation is already on page 3, just 25 minutes after I posted it.  If you could maybe follow the link and say sumpn, it would bump it to the top again.  I just think we are a port in a storm here.

Offline BANNER ROAD

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #507 on: January 25, 2008, 05:35:03 am »
Test message from me

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #508 on: January 25, 2008, 05:45:04 am »
Test message from me

You sure are, Bud.

Hey Gary, thanks for your post on the invitation over at IMDb.

Offline Sandy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #509 on: January 25, 2008, 05:56:47 am »
Responding to the article BY MEHRNOOSH TORBATNEJAD and CORKY SIEMASZKO
DAILY NEWS WRITERS

in SoHo he was a scruffy specter who wandered the cobblestone streets mostly alone.

No: to me, he always dressed funky.  He occasionally had long hair but always his own unique style.  He dressed like lots of twenty-somethings!  And wandering alone?  He required to fulfil a certain role, that of ‘hot, young actor’.  He probably enjoyed the peace and quiet!

"I didn't know he was an actor"

I can’t imagine Heath ever using the phrase, “do you know who I am?”.  He was a normal, down to earth guy regardless of his career. 

"He was always the first customer. He was always here alone."

Sorry, but you can pretty much always catch me at Starbucks at 8 a.m., enjoying a skinny latte and muffin.  Alone.  Wakening up. 

the actor had only his cell phone and iPod for company.

My iPod is my favourite gadget in the world, it’s my best friend walking to work.  And a cell phone?  If he was such a loner, why would he have a method of communication!

"I told him to stop text messaging because his steak and eggs were getting cold," Angelo said. "He smiled."

Text messaging with a friend, and then smiling when it is pointed out to him.  That is not the behaviour of someone who is alone and sad. 

"He's usually very scruffy, but he was clean shaven," Bullis said.

Oh dear, imagine that.  Maybe he felt his beard was getting too long. 

In SoHo, Heath Ledger was scruffy loner

"We were surprised, we never knew he was an actor," manager Max Barrsi said. "He was practically here all the time for coffee . . . always very nice with us."

Down to earth, nice guy-no time for celebrity and fame.

At the Spring Street Natural Restaurant, a bartender who asked not to be identified said Ledger often came by in the evening for a drink, which he nursed at a table in the back. He didn't stand out in the crowd.

"We have a lot of celebrities here," he said.

If he went to a regular bar, he would have been mobbed by fans.  By going to a bar, with a celebrity clientele, he was able to stand back from the crowd and enjoy a quiet drink. 

Guys, Heath was (gulp) a credit to his profession, a true gentleman who was a normal guy, enjoying normal things.  He liked his own company to eat.  He enjoyed music.  He liked to blend in with Joe Public in order to detract attention from his celebrity status.  I respect that and appreciate his quiet ways.

Sorely missed.