Author Topic: Heath Ledger - the grieving thread  (Read 629938 times)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: Heath Ledger - the grieving thread
« Reply #560 on: January 25, 2008, 06:00:15 pm »
Just thought I'd share this - so young, so Ozzie, such a cutie...... go here and then click on the Heath Ledger link

http://seven.com.au/homeandaway/videos-category
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #561 on: January 25, 2008, 06:07:50 pm »
Just thought I'd share this - so young, so Ozzie, such a cutie...... go here and then click on the Heath Ledger link

http://seven.com.au/homeandaway/videos-category

Very sweet!  Thanks!

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #562 on: January 25, 2008, 06:14:18 pm »
Well I'm sure there will an exploitative book coming out very soon on Heath Ledger to cash in on his recent passing. They usually are cheaply done, bad writing, many inaccuracies, etc etc.

I've read an enormous amount on the net the past couple of days, but have limited by TV watching on Ledger to Entertainment Tonight.  I know they have a reputation for being pushy and "exclusive," but it beats the other tabloid TV shows out there.

I guess ppl must know I'm a Heath fan because as soon as I call a friend/acquaintance, they say "Oh, I was so sorry to hear about Heath Ledger." :'(

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #563 on: January 25, 2008, 07:49:43 pm »
*sigh*

People grieve in different ways. Some by getting angry, apparently, some by rationalizing aspects leading to their grief, and then others in every nuance of grief expression inbetween.

Everyone here is grieving. Otherwise we wouldn't be here.

Please don't let's fight over the proper way to grieve. There isn't one.

I agree, very well said. People do grieve in different ways. For myself I have become rather withdrawn from everything. But I am beginning to realize that although Heath along with Ennis is gone I still have all those thoughts and memories and nobody can take those away. It's still hard though and I know I get angry when some of the news and some people act like he is not worth any grieving cause he played a gay cowboy. In my so called diverse university setting even mentioning Heath's passing would suddenly mean you are gay just because of one role.

Offline Sandy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #564 on: January 25, 2008, 08:47:17 pm »
"Whadda we meant to do now, huh?"

It hasn't got any easier.

RodneyWY

« Reply #565 on: January 25, 2008, 09:25:07 pm »
In case you haven't gotten the word, the Denver Brokies are hosting a joint memorial service for Heath and our dear Jackie on Saturday, February 9, in the City of Denver.  For more information and contact (RSVP) info, please click on the banner below.  Come to Denver and celebrate with us the lives of our dear departed friends.

Rodney

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #566 on: January 25, 2008, 09:44:56 pm »
This is all coming hard and fast so if I missed somthing please forgive me.
I'm not coming to the aid of the massuse at all here, but it was my understanding Heath had already gone by the time she got there? Am I wrong? lord I hope so! Because if he was still alive and she wasted precious time calling someone other than 911 or a doctor..... well, to put it as nice as possible, she should be brought up on charges! >:(

I'm thinking a charge of involuntary manslaughter would be appropriate. 
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #567 on: January 25, 2008, 09:49:30 pm »
I had a look at the Dark Knight's homepage. This is the only thing there at present:

http://thedarkknight.warnerbros.com/HeathMemorial.html

I think it's very lovely. Simple, eloquent.
Dignified.

:'(     :'(     :'(
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #568 on: January 25, 2008, 09:55:18 pm »
I agree, Natali (with everything but the last sentence -- I think the press should  have access). But I feel sorry for the masseuse. It sounds like she was trying to do what she thought was the right thing. It probably wasn't, but it was a high-pressure situation. I feel for her, with people all over the world practically blaming her for murdering the man.

Now Mary-Kate is a different story. Can't say I feel too sorry for her.

How's that old saying go, "The road to Hell is strewn with good intentions." If she was a masseuse, shouldn't she have known CPR? I can't get my head around the enormity of the repercussions of her inaction right now. In fact, to be very honest, I am feeling an extremely heightened level of hostility towards her. Forgive me. Can't help it.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #569 on: January 25, 2008, 10:07:52 pm »
I agree with you. I think it,s appalling that the press have access to these emergency calls. I also think it,s terrible having pics of Heath being taken from his apartment in a body bag, plastered all over the internet/papers for the world to see. To these newspapers, it,s just another story. To his family, friends and millions of people all loved him it,s just heartbreaking. I think the tabloid press are all parasites anyway. (I know Heath hated them too) As soon as the paramedics brought his body out, the cameras were flashing. And I still think it,s appalling that this woman didn,t call 911 first. He may or may not have been dead when she made those calls, but surely, if you find someone unconcious, your first instinct is to call an ambulance? As we,ve said, we,ll never know if it would have made any difference or not, BUT she still should have called them first and worried about the damn friend later. Poor Heath.  :'(

I work in a large hospital where very sick people come for treatment. Occasionally, they do not respond to that treatment and they die. Their bodies then have to be transported from the ward/theatres where they died to the morgue in the basement. Though there are special service elevators to do this, the body still has to be wheeled though a public ward area to get to that elevator. In order to negate any distress at seeing a body being wheeled out of a ward in a plastic bag, we use specially designed trolleys with short sides on all four sides and a cloth cover draped over it. So all that's seen is a cloth covered, box-shaped trolley. There is no body shape visible. Why can't this sort of item be used by the emergency services? I will be haunted by the sight of Heath's body bag for ever now. Image how his family felt, seeing that on the media.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν