Author Topic: Heath Ledger - the grieving thread  (Read 630036 times)

Offline Sandy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Re: Heath Ledger - the grieving thread
« Reply #600 on: January 26, 2008, 09:21:05 am »
I think because I knew that there were others out there watching it at the same time

It's the sense of community that we have which helps.

I was hoping that some of those people out there watching it with me, would get the message, get the same feeling I got two years ago.....I knew it must be happening to someone, maybe many, out there, I just knew.

It's Heath's legacy.

Offline Sandy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #601 on: January 26, 2008, 09:25:18 am »
It seems crazy to mourn the death of someone I didn,t even know, except on the telly, but I can,t help it.

You did know him Souxi, you knew his art.

Being in the UK I don,t have access to your news stations.

Where are you?  Kelda and I are planning to meet in Glasgow next week.  Are you close?

God bless brown eyes.  xxxxxx

Sleep peacefully

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #602 on: January 26, 2008, 09:29:47 am »
Where are you?  Kelda and I are planning to meet in Glasgow next week.  Are you close?

;D so weirds that we work one street from each other...

Souxi is England - but we ARE meeting at the train station if you wish to take a long train journey and join us Souxi!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #603 on: January 26, 2008, 09:38:12 am »
;D so weirds that we work one street from each other...

Souxi is England - but we ARE meeting at the train station if you wish to take a long train journey and join us Souxi!

I,m right at the oposite end of the country in Essex Kelda.  Couldn,t be further away from Scotland if I tried could i? :'(

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #604 on: January 26, 2008, 09:51:45 am »
I was starting to feel a little better yesterday, somehow I was feeling like it just was meant to be.  But this morning I feel so sad again.  I am starting to wonder what it will be like in a few days from now, when the coverage all over will really stop, I hope it doesn't get even harder then.

I think that people have said this before, but I guess what I am trying to think at least, is that he was just too sensitive and soulful and special to be here on this earth for too long.  Thinking like that does sort of help a little, sometimes.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #605 on: January 26, 2008, 10:01:45 am »
Starry Night

by Don McLean

Starry, starry night.
Paint your palette blue and grey,
Look out on a summer's day,
With eyes that know the darkness in my soul.
Shadows on the hills,
Sketch the trees and the daffodils,
Catch the breeze and the winter chills,
In colors on the snowy linen land.

Now I understand what you tried to say to me,
How you suffered for your sanity,
How you tried to set them free.
They would not listen, they did not know how.
Perhaps they'll listen now.

Starry, starry night.
Flaming flowers that brightly blaze,
Swirling clouds in violet haze,
Reflect in Vincent's eyes of china blue.
Colors changing hue, morning field of amber grain,
Weathered faces lined in pain,
Are soothed beneath the artist's loving hand.

Now I understand what you tried to say to me,
They would not listen, they did not know how.
Perhaps they'll listen now.

For they could not love you,
But still your love was true.
And when no hope was left in sight
On that starry, starry night,
You took your life, as lovers often do.
But I could have told you, Vincent,
This world was never meant for one
As beautiful as you.

Starry, starry night.
Portraits hung in empty halls,
Frameless head on nameless walls,
With eyes that watch the world and can't forget.
Like the strangers that you've met,
The ragged men in the ragged clothes,
The silver thorn of bloody rose,
Lie crushed and broken on the virgin snow.

Now I think I know what you tried to say to me,
They would not listen, they're not listening still.
Perhaps they never will...
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #606 on: January 26, 2008, 10:49:22 am »
I was starting to feel a little better yesterday, somehow I was feeling like it just was meant to be.  But this morning I feel so sad again.  I am starting to wonder what it will be like in a few days from now, when the coverage all over will really stop, I hope it doesn't get even harder then.

I think that people have said this before, but I guess what I am trying to think at least, is that he was just too sensitive and soulful and special to be here on this earth for too long.  Thinking like that does sort of help a little, sometimes.

I think at that point, we should begin to figure out how we as fans here at Bettermost can celebrate Heath's life and honor his memory, so that in some way (however small), we can try to complete some of Heath's unfinished life through our own. 

Dave Cullen's group is running an obituary next week in Variety (they've already raised the needed funds), and they have begun a new "Project Matilda." 

I think it would be nice if Bettermost came up with a "memorial" project as well.

Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #607 on: January 26, 2008, 11:14:59 am »

This time, though, when I watched it, it was always on my mind, that Heath was now gone...

I actually looked at things, and saw things in the movie in a way that I had never seen them before that related to how I am feeling NOW, TODAY.
I felt the frustration that Jack was feeling, as he tried to cling on to Ennis, hanging on to the few moments he shared with him, and the emptiness he felt when it was time to say good-bye. After the dozy embarace scene, when Ennis said, "Ive got to go now"....I wanted to yell, "no no dont go"and as Jack watched him leave, I felt the emptiness even more than I have felt it before for him, becasue now, I could really feel that emptiness.

When I heard the song "I Dont Want to Say Good-bye"...I thought, "thats it, I DONT want to say good-bye".....

When I watched the second tent scene, and the reunion scene, I thought of the closeness, the intimacy, that Jake and Heath must have felt doing those scenes.....I know they were only acting, but, their lips still touched, their arms still wrapped around each others bodies, they had to feel something special there.

When I heard the song at the end "He Was a Friend of Mine"....so poignant....so true.

When I read all the posts here, I feel like I did when I first joined the board, and read what people were feeling after they watched the movie....THEN it was "hey, thats how I felt, hey, thats what I was feeling"....and NOW its, "yes, I am feeling that too, I am saying that too".....

There seems no reason nor explanation as to why this has happened to Heath....he wasn't old, he wasn't sick, its like, it was a mistake, a terrible terrible mistake.....
That's so beautiful, Sue. You made me want to watch the movie again myself! I console myself by imagining Heath's soul free of worldly troubles and hurt, floating free above the world, joining the firmament of souls to bring consolation and love to all alone people everywhere, or perhaps preparing to join the world again as a fresh, new soul, perhaps as a young boy in some rural area, perhaps Wyoming...
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #608 on: January 26, 2008, 11:18:24 am »
Memories
Light the corners of my mind
Misty watercolor memories
Of the way we were
Scattered pictures
Of the smiles we left behind
Smiles we gave to one another
For the way we were
Can it be that it was all so simple then
Or has time rewritten every line
If we had the chance to do it all again
Tell me - Would we? Could we?
Memories
May be beautiful and yet
What's too painful to remember
We simply choose to forget
So it's the laughter
We will remember
Whenever we remember
The way we were
So it's the laughter
We will remember
Whenever we remember
The way we were

Offline Sandy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #609 on: January 26, 2008, 11:31:02 am »
I,m right at the oposite end of the country in Essex Kelda.  Couldn,t be further away from Scotland if I tried could i? :'(

That's a shame, it would have been lovely to meet you Souxi.