Author Topic: Heath Ledger - the grieving thread  (Read 629907 times)

Offline HerrKaiser

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Heath Ledger - the grieving thread
« Reply #660 on: January 27, 2008, 02:45:58 pm »
thanks Pete, the images are quite wonderful. Music is always so subjective, but yes, I wonder about the song as well. Dated and written originally for president Kennedy following his assisination, I recall. Obviously the creator of the piece felt it paralleled that feeling, which may well be what he feels/sees. who can argue.

Offline ptannen

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #661 on: January 27, 2008, 02:50:08 pm »
All this week I have been seeking out and listening to suitable music.

Last night, I did not have to seek, I already had a ticket for a well-timed Boston Symphony concert: a performance of The Dream of Gerontius, a big work for soloists, orchestra and chorus by Edward Elgar which depicts the passage of the soul from this life to the next. 

Andrew -

Good to see your post!  I've been wondering how you were doing.

Anazing that you already had a ticket to this concert.  Sometimes I think there are no coincidences and that things like this happen for a reason.  Thanks for posting.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Andy}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Pete

Is there anything interesting up there in heaven?

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #662 on: January 27, 2008, 03:32:31 pm »
In this link is information about the Australia Day Ball in Manhattan where Heath was honoured  - with one minute of silence. Scroll down a bit and you see an image taken during the silence  - the picture they've got up on their screen to remember Heath by brought tears to my eyes. Of course...

http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/19765264.html

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #663 on: January 27, 2008, 03:42:55 pm »
In this link is information about the Australia Day Ball in Manhattan where Heath was honoured  - with one minute of silence. Scroll down a bit and you see an image taken during the silence  - the picture they've got up on their screen to remember Heath by brought tears to my eyes. Of course...

http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/19765264.html

Thanks for posting this Mikaela... I've actually been very curious about how Heath's passing would be handled at Australia Day events.  Talk about sad, sad circumstances for this year's Australia Day.

:(

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline malina

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #664 on: January 27, 2008, 04:38:48 pm »
From John Donne's Meditation XVII

...All [hu]mankind is of one author, and is one volume; when one man dies, one chapter is not torn out of the book, but translated into a better language; and every chapter must be so translated; ... God's hand is in every translation, and his hand shall bind up all our scattered leaves again for that library where every book shall lie open to one another. 

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #665 on: January 27, 2008, 04:57:14 pm »
Hi Malina. {{{{{{{MALINA}}}}}}}

Long one:
Intro
Filmography
Quotes from others
Quotes from Heath

[youtube=425,350]http://youtube.com/watch?v=HHDRktGB2hU&feature=related[/youtube]
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dagi

« Reply #666 on: January 27, 2008, 05:30:31 pm »
If you are just safe about the choices you make, you don't grow.

Thanks for this tribute, Shasta!  :-*

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #667 on: January 27, 2008, 07:34:03 pm »
Monday morning here in Australia......once again I woke up wondering what news about Heath would we see today.

And I got to thinking and realizing, that we are not going to be allowed in to view the memorial services or the eventual funeral of Heath, these services are not going to be public or televised....

As Heath was in life, so shall he be in death, very very private, and we have to accept this and understand that his family and close friends need this privacy.

In saying that, I also feel that we, as his fans, as his admirers, we who are also grieving need some closure too, to be able to feel like we are with those others, to cry with them, to feel the loss with them, to join with them....I hope that there is some kind of memorial where we can participate, even as viewers, just to find some dam closure to this horrible tragic week.

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #668 on: January 27, 2008, 08:06:11 pm »
.....still thinking about things here......thinking out loud......hope you dont mind....

maybe we should all do something on a similar parallel to what Ennis did, in his rememberance of Jack.....He had those two shirts hanging on his closet door, a constant reminder of someone he loved...something he could hold and remember, something he had, so that he could clutch, hold close to him and shed his private tears, sometimes he probably looked at them and smiled, remembering the funny times they shared, that dam harmonica, killing the elk....the tender times, looking up at the moon, seeing him again after four years.....

Whether it be a photo of Heath, a cowboy hat, a flower.....let us hang something in our home that is the same as Ennis's shirts....and when we look at it, remember the good times, the funny times, the tender times.......our own little piece of Heath that reminds us of what he gave to us all.......

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• Love is a force of nature
« Reply #669 on: January 27, 2008, 08:28:17 pm »
Thanks for the vid clip shasta.  Heath is one of my fave movie stars and Sarah Mclachlan is one of my fave singers.   Simply beautiful and sad.  Heath I Love you and will miss you.

dev