Author Topic: Heath Ledger - the grieving thread  (Read 629917 times)

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
Re: Heath Ledger - the grieving thread
« Reply #730 on: February 04, 2008, 05:56:08 am »
Thank you for posting the links, Kerry.

I had a look at the Karrakatta cemetery leaflet, and I noticed the following:

Karrakatta's main entrance is off Railway Road [  ] During the week vehicles may also enter/exit from Smyth Road, Government Road and Broome Street.

Looks like Heath just travelled around the world to come back home, in more ways than one.

He lived and spent his final days at Broome Street, and now his final resting place will be close to a Broome Street as well. It's as if fate was planning to make the transition easier.

(No I'm not superstitious, but this just struck me all the same).

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #731 on: February 04, 2008, 06:13:02 am »
Thank you for posting the links, Kerry.

I had a look at the Karrakatta cemetery leaflet, and I noticed the following:

Looks like Heath just travelled around the world to come back home, in more ways than one.

He lived and spent his final days at Broome Street, and now his final resting place will be close to a Broome Street as well. It's as if fate was planning to make the transition easier.

That's given me goose bumps, Mikaela. It sure is one heck of a coincidence.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #732 on: February 04, 2008, 11:55:32 am »
That's given me goose bumps, Mikaela. It sure is one heck of a coincidence.

I know.  Out of all the thousands of street names in the world.... :P
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #733 on: February 04, 2008, 12:37:59 pm »

Broome Street, of all streets ...
Gave me goose bumps, too. Loved your words about coming home.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #734 on: February 04, 2008, 12:40:07 pm »
Fabienne, this is so true. I spent 2 weeks in Norway and had a great time, but I did guidebook things. I spent a week in Belgium, Holland, and Germany with EuroBrokies friends, and I'll never forget a minute of that trip. Guess which one I would repeat?

L

:-*

Offline roryennis

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #735 on: February 04, 2008, 10:47:37 pm »
I second those goosebumps. I'm hearing the Twilight Zone music in my head now.
Does anyone here believe in the supernatural?
Jack Twist.
Ennis
Your folks just stopped at Ennis?
Del Mar
Nice to know ya Ennis Del Mar.

And so with that introduction Jack and Ennis are forever bound together like Adam & Eve and Romeo & Juliet.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #736 on: February 04, 2008, 10:51:05 pm »
I second those goosebumps. I'm hearing the Twilight Zone music in my head now.
Does anyone here believe in the supernatural?

I don't call it supernatural, more spiritual but yes...

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #737 on: February 05, 2008, 04:47:27 am »
I was just watching the arrival back in Australia of the Ledger family, and pondered over what they must be feeling as they return home.

The past two weeks must have been an absolute nightmare for them, thrust into a world that they had only looked at from afar, or heard of from their son.

These are just ordinary people, who have just lost their beloved son. They have had the intial shock of his loss, and then had to leave the privacy of their home to travel to another country, try to put things in some sort of order, and then organise to bring their son home.

They should be praised for their consideration to all of Heath's friends and business aquaintances by orgaising memorial services, so that those that wanted to show their respects could do so, without the need to travel to Australia.

And now as they arrive home, they must be completely exhausted both emotionally and physically, and yet they still have to face the final closure of another family funeral and burial here.

Once that is over, then they will finally be able to grieve privately in the comfort of their own home......

My heart goes out to them, they have acted with complete dignity in the face of such terribly sad and tragic circumstances.

Lets hope the media acts with the same dignity, and gives them their privacy, and lets all of us, cast our thoughts to them, and wish them warm thoughts and comfort as they deal with their loss.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

mvansand76

« Reply #738 on: February 05, 2008, 06:14:02 am »
I was just watching the arrival back in Australia of the Ledger family, and pondered over what they must be feeling as they return home.

The past two weeks must have been an absolute nightmare for them, thrust into a world that they had only looked at from afar, or heard of from their son.

These are just ordinary people, who have just lost their beloved son. They have had the intial shock of his loss, and then had to leave the privacy of their home to travel to another country, try to put things in some sort of order, and then organise to bring their son home.

They should be praised for their consideration to all of Heath's friends and business aquaintances by orgaising memorial services, so that those that wanted to show their respects could do so, without the need to travel to Australia.

And now as they arrive home, they must be completely exhausted both emotionally and physically, and yet they still have to face the final closure of another family funeral and burial here.

Once that is over, then they will finally be able to grieve privately in the comfort of their own home......

My heart goes out to them, they have acted with complete dignity in the face of such terribly sad and tragic circumstances.

Lets hope the media acts with the same dignity, and gives them their privacy, and lets all of us, cast our thoughts to them, and wish them warm thoughts and comfort as they deal with their loss.

Beautifully put, Katie. I hope they will now be able to grieve in private.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #739 on: February 05, 2008, 08:11:14 am »
Beautifully put, Katie. I hope they will now be able to grieve in private.

What Sue and Melissa said.  :'(   :'(   :'(
γνῶθι σεαυτόν