Author Topic: Heath Ledger - the grieving thread  (Read 629935 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Ledger - the grieving thread
« Reply #750 on: February 06, 2008, 01:50:31 am »
In my life, each day of the week looks a certain way, different than the others.  Monday is preschool in the morning, then a free afternoon.  Tuesday is ballet in the morning, French in the afternoon.  Etc.

Two weeks ago, while I was driving home from French class, my husband called with the terrible news.  Today, I felt really low getting ready to head out to French, and I knew why.  Tuesday, badnewsday.  :(

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #751 on: February 06, 2008, 02:10:48 am »
In my life, each day of the week looks a certain way, different than the others.  Monday is preschool in the morning, then a free afternoon.  Tuesday is ballet in the morning, French in the afternoon.  Etc.

Two weeks ago, while I was driving home from French class, my husband called with the terrible news.  Today, I felt really low getting ready to head out to French, and I knew why.  Tuesday, badnewsday.  :(

{{{Clarissa}}}

mvansand76

« Reply #752 on: February 06, 2008, 05:03:24 am »

:'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #753 on: February 06, 2008, 10:18:56 am »
You sure are right about that. The greater the shock value, the more the news media goes after it. Look how they go after Britney Spears. Sure she has a lot of problems, but who wouldn't go crazy with those photographers and media after every move she makes. She can't even go to the bathroom without having it filmed and analyzed as to why she did it. They did the same thing to Anna Nicole Smith. And here is a really big question!!! If Heath would have had drug problems do you not think the media would have been right on it way before his death?
Amen Brother!
I do feel sorry for Britney. People forget that she isn't much more than a child.
You are right, if the media knew it wouldn't have been a secret. Trust you me, they would have known too.
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #754 on: February 06, 2008, 11:21:44 am »

{{{Clarissa}}}

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #755 on: February 06, 2008, 11:45:06 am »
 Well, it's official.
Heaths death was an accident. He wasn't a druggie like the media was hoping to be able to report on, he didn't hurt himself like some had speculated. it was a horrible accident that took this wonderfully talented and beautiful young man from us. In another thread I asked WHY? knowing full well there are no answers to that question.
I never knew Heath Ledger. All I knew of him was from Brokeback Mountain. I will forever cherish his memory and be thankful to him for giving me Ennis DelMar. As many of you know, when I first saw that Movie close to a year ago now, my life changed forever. I saw myself in Heaths portryal of Ennis and I saw where I was destined to be if I didn't change. How can you say thank you for a gift like that? I guess the only way I can figure is to live my life to the fullest, like each day may be my last.
Thank you for that gift my friend.
May you find peace and comfort.
Good Bye and God bless you and keep you in his arms for all eternity!  :'(
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #756 on: February 06, 2008, 12:24:25 pm »

Lovely, Loneleeb3.    :'(   :-*

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #757 on: February 06, 2008, 12:59:03 pm »
Nicely  :'(  put  :'(  Richard  :'(
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #758 on: February 06, 2008, 01:24:56 pm »
Well, it's official.
Heaths death was an accident. He wasn't a druggie like the media was hoping to be able to report on, he didn't hurt himself like some had speculated. it was a horrible accident that took this wonderfully talented and beautiful young man from us. In another thread I asked WHY? knowing full well there are no answers to that question.
I never knew Heath Ledger. All I knew of him was from Brokeback Mountain. I will forever cherish his memory and be thankful to him for giving me Ennis DelMar. As many of you know, when I first saw that Movie close to a year ago now, my life changed forever. I saw myself in Heaths portryal of Ennis and I saw where I was destined to be if I didn't change. How can you say thank you for a gift like that? I guess the only way I can figure is to live my life to the fullest, like each day may be my last.

Oh my god Richard. I thought I was halfways through with the tears.  Wrong. 
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

mvansand76

« Reply #759 on: February 06, 2008, 02:53:00 pm »
Oh my god Richard. I thought I was halfways through with the tears.  Wrong. 
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Same here...   :'(   Tears are literally streaming down my face for the first time in a few days... thought the well was dry by now...

I was just thinking today, that subconsciously I always thought that someday I would be able to thank Heath in person for giving us Ennis. I guess I will just have to believe that he knew how thankful we were...