Author Topic: Heath Ledger - the grieving thread  (Read 630020 times)

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
Re: Heath Ledger - the grieving thread
« Reply #760 on: February 06, 2008, 02:55:45 pm »
((((((((((((((((Mel))))))))))))))))))   :'( :'( :'(

moremojo

« Reply #761 on: February 06, 2008, 07:17:33 pm »
I dreamt of Brokeback Mountain last night, the first time in a while. It wasn't so much a dream of Jack and Ennis, as so many of my BBM dreams were back in the day, as it was about the movie itself. It was like I was watching the movie again and remembering how it affected me almost two years ago. I woke up feeling melancholy, bittersweet, and contemplative.

The toxicology reports on Heath today made me weepy--I've been like this off and on today, as if the dream propelled me into place to receive this news. Somehow, the report of an accidental death made me feel even sadder, to think that such a thing could have been prevented. Heath is gone, and somehow in my mind Ennis is intertwined with Heath, so that Ennis in a way is gone too.

Heath was so clearly loved and will be fondly remembered by many. And Ennis, through the miracle that was Heath, has come to be loved and will be remembered by many that he couldn't, cannot know. What a tremendous gift Heath made to us all.

Just thinkin' out loud...through the tears...

:'(

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #762 on: February 07, 2008, 12:57:39 am »

I never knew Heath Ledger. All I knew of him was from Brokeback Mountain. I will forever cherish his memory and be thankful to him for giving me Ennis DelMar. As many of you know, when I first saw that Movie close to a year ago now, my life changed forever. I saw myself in Heaths portryal of Ennis and I saw where I was destined to be if I didn't change. How can you say thank you for a gift like that? I guess the only way I can figure is to live my life to the fullest, like each day may be my last.
Thank you for that gift my friend.
May you find peace and comfort.
Good Bye and God bless you and keep you in his arms for all eternity!  :'(

((( Richard )))  :-*

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #763 on: February 07, 2008, 01:01:50 am »

I was just thinking today, that subconsciously I always thought that someday I would be able to thank Heath in person for giving us Ennis. I guess I will just have to believe that he knew how thankful we were...

Oh god, same here.  In the back of my mind I had hoped to either run into him somewhere, and jes' be able to shake his hand and say "thank you Heath for playing Ennis Del Mar", or that he'd actually show up in person at a future theatre screening or Brokie gathering, jes' to "be with us for the day".   

That possiblilty is gone now.  :'(

I sure do hope he knows how much he changed our lives by playing Ennis Del Mar for us...

Offline ptannen

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #764 on: February 07, 2008, 02:47:10 am »
Well, it's official.
Heaths death was an accident. He wasn't a druggie like the media was hoping to be able to report on, he didn't hurt himself like some had speculated. it was a horrible accident that took this wonderfully talented and beautiful young man from us. In another thread I asked WHY? knowing full well there are no answers to that question.
I never knew Heath Ledger. All I knew of him was from Brokeback Mountain. I will forever cherish his memory and be thankful to him for giving me Ennis DelMar. As many of you know, when I first saw that Movie close to a year ago now, my life changed forever. I saw myself in Heaths portryal of Ennis and I saw where I was destined to be if I didn't change. How can you say thank you for a gift like that? I guess the only way I can figure is to live my life to the fullest, like each day may be my last.
Thank you for that gift my friend.
May you find peace and comfort.
Good Bye and God bless you and keep you in his arms for all eternity!  :'(

Simply beautiful, Richard! 
Is there anything interesting up there in heaven?

mvansand76

« Reply #765 on: February 07, 2008, 08:32:24 am »
Oh god, same here.  In the back of my mind I had hoped to either run into him somewhere, and jes' be able to shake his hand and say "thank you Heath for playing Ennis Del Mar", or that he'd actually show up in person at a future theatre screening or Brokie gathering, jes' to "be with us for the day".   

I sure do hope he knows how much he changed our lives by playing Ennis Del Mar for us...

{{{{{Eric}}}}}}

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #766 on: February 07, 2008, 12:54:12 pm »

Thanks everyone!
Just had to say goodbye!
Eric,
He knows. He will be with us at our next gathering and all others from here on out.
He will live in our hearts and memories and as long as we keep that love and those memories alive he will be with us.
I know it's not the same but it gives me some comfort!

{{{{{ERIC}}}}}  :-*
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #767 on: February 07, 2008, 12:56:00 pm »
I am up and down and all over the map today. At one moment I'm elated, then I'm reaching for kleenex on a crying jag! (This makes me think of the line, "sometimes the pillow was wet, sometimes the sheets") Last nite I made the cherry cake for the Memorial Service and it cheered me up immensely. Just like Ma Twist, I made a cake to comfort others (even tho they probly "can't take none" right now) and it comforted ME. But today I am morosely thinking that Heath wasn't meant to live long in this life he had. He never seemed very happy, maybe the happiest he ever was was when he knew he had nailed the character of Ennis Del Mar, and when he fell in love with Michelle and they conceived Mathilda. But he went backwards at some point, and when a person named Heath goes backwards through the alphabet just four letters, it spells Death.  :'(

"chewing gum and duct tape"

moremojo

« Reply #768 on: February 07, 2008, 01:09:00 pm »
Heath's full name apparently was Heathcliff Andrew Ledger. I understand that his parents named him Heathcliff in appreciation of Emily Bronte's literary masterpiece Wuthering Heights. Heathcliff in that novel is not at all likeable in the usual sense of the word, an almost demonic, Romantic character, emotionally bruised and full of passion. What he did have in his life, the one thing that arguably redeemed him, was the experience of true love, the kind of love that transcends death (the very kind we associate with Ennis and Jack). He could only reunite with his true love and find peace through death...the very scenario some of us dare to hope for Ennis.

Heath was not at all like his namesake in that he seemed to be universally admired and commended for his kindness and generous spirit. But maybe his spirit finds some kind of fulfillment in the demise of his body and the going forth into other kinds of experiences that our limited senses cannot apprehend. Leslie's remarkable story very much seems to suggest this, and, for me at least, that provides some solace.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #769 on: February 07, 2008, 01:21:48 pm »
If we're thinking along metaphysical lines, I thought of the larger picture when I saw the quote on this photo that Clarissa posted in another thread today.  Who's to say that Heath's not somewhere out there discovering a new corner of the cosmos?  8)

Ich bin ein Brokie...