Author Topic: Heath Ledger - the grieving thread  (Read 629922 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Ledger - the grieving thread
« Reply #780 on: February 08, 2008, 02:42:52 am »
nic, you've got a baby growing in you!  That's the best news I've heard all day.  :)  And I agree, Heath was a beautiful parent.  I love how comfortable he was with Matilda.  I also LOVE those photos of the two of them.  Big happy (gentle) hug to you, nic!  :-*

Offline ptannen

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #781 on: February 08, 2008, 03:33:50 am »
Richard A. Rawson, a UCLA professor of psychiatry and associate director of its Integrated Substance Abuse Programs quoted as saying about Heath's death, “In this case, someone had legitimate prescriptions and simply made an error in dosing himself, a tragic error."   This appeared in today's LA Times.

See my post about it in the Heath Ledger - News Accounts thread:

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,16517.0.html
Is there anything interesting up there in heaven?

Offline Sandy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #782 on: February 08, 2008, 09:36:12 am »
I'm thinking this applies to our strong emotions related to both the story and film, and to the loss of Heath. If we'd never loved them, we wouldn't cry and feel terribly down. But our lives would have been all the poorer for that, not having been affected by them and loving them, so... like Ennis, I believe as days go by we'll come to see we'd rather have felt - and feel - the love *and* the grief of loss it brought, then never having loved at all. We'll be able to look back on all the positive aspects, the joys, the inspiration, the companionship, the emotional lessons learned - and that will more than balance out the loss and sadness.

I know.  BBM has added so much to my life, in so many ways.  I just can't believe how difficult it has been to reconcile my feelings for the movie with my life, and now to reconcile my grief with my life.  I mean, I've said before, that sometimes I feel so guilty for feeling so bad-I never knew him personally after all.  But then I remember watching the interviews, watching his dedication to his art and I remember that I do know him.  And I hope that his family take comfort in the grief we all feel, knowing that their son is leaving such a wonderful legacy. 

Daniel Day-Lewis summed it up.  I think I too would have liked him very much. 

mvansand76

« Reply #783 on: February 08, 2008, 09:42:15 am »

Daniel Day-Lewis summed it up.  I think I too would have liked him very much. 

Exactly. Same here, he just seemed like somebody you could easily get along with and have great conversations with.

mvansand76

« Reply #784 on: February 08, 2008, 10:42:17 am »
This is nice, 8 minutes of pics of a young Heath - well, before he got really famous...

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywG_Cv4Qp_o[/youtube]

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #785 on: February 08, 2008, 03:48:56 pm »
nic, you've got a baby growing in you!  That's the best news I've heard all day.  :)  And I agree, Heath was a beautiful parent.  I love how comfortable he was with Matilda.  I also LOVE those photos of the two of them.  Big happy (gentle) hug to you, nic!  :-*

Congratrulations Nic!!!!  ;D

You shouls start a a delaing with pregnancy thread!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #786 on: February 08, 2008, 10:24:29 pm »

It's Summer here in Australia, but you'd never know it.

In Sydney today it's bleak, cold, overcast and pelting down rain.

It is Saturday 9 February 2008. The day of Heath's funeral.

It's early afternoon as I write this post in Sydney, which means it's still morning in Perth. And though I don't know what the weather is like in Perth, this bleak day in Sydney certainly matches my mood for the day when Heath is to be laid to rest.  :'(
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #787 on: February 08, 2008, 10:40:31 pm »
It's Summer here in Australia, but you'd never know it.

In Sydney today it's bleak, cold, overcast and pelting down rain.

It is Saturday 9 February 2008. The day of Heath's funeral.

It's early afternoon as I write this post in Sydney, which means it's still morning in Perth. And though I don't know what the weather is like in Perth, this bleak day in Sydney certainly matches my mood for the day when Heath is to be laid to rest.  :'(

It never even dawned on me until I read this just now, that Heath's funeral is on my birthday...
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #788 on: February 09, 2008, 02:35:43 am »

You know what's hurting the worst right now?

The silence.

No more news on Heath.

Soon he will be laid down in a field of stone and the rest will be silence.

He will be part of the past and the past is moving farther and farther away even as we move on.

:(

mvansand76

« Reply #789 on: February 09, 2008, 02:06:26 pm »

I'm actually feeling a little better today. From the moment I woke up this morning I thought of Heath, but I felt more peaceful about it. Then I saw the pics of the mourners jumping in the ocean and I was in such awe of them all, how they celebrated Heath's life. I had an appointment at the tattoo shop in my home town and went there with my best friend, had a small tattoo done on my wrist, then sat in the sun, drinking tea with my other friend and her boyfriend and I just felt so relaxed and... I don't know, I guess it was the sun breaking through on the day of Heath's funeral of all days and it felt like Spring that made this day so incredibly special. I will always remember it. I still feel the sadness, but it's not as much at the surface anymore.

{{{{Bettermostians}}}}}