Author Topic: Heath Ledger - the grieving thread  (Read 629905 times)

Offline Toast

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Heath Ledger - the grieving thread
« Reply #790 on: February 10, 2008, 12:10:08 am »

There are places I'll remember
All my life - though some have changed
Some forever - not for better
Some have gone and some remain
All these places had their moments
With lovers and friends I still can recall
Some are dead and some are living
In my life I've loved them all

But of all these friends and lovers
There is no one compares with you
And these memories lose their meaning
When I think of love as something new
Though I know I'll never lose affection
For people and things that went before
I know I'll often stop and think about them
In my life I love you more

Though I know I'll never lose affection
For people and things that went before
I know I'll often stop and think about them

- In My Life - The Beatles

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #791 on: February 10, 2008, 12:30:09 am »

I'm actually feeling a little better today. From the moment I woke up this morning I thought of Heath, but I felt more peaceful about it. Then I saw the pics of the mourners jumping in the ocean and I was in such awe of them all, how they celebrated Heath's life. I had an appointment at the tattoo shop in my home town and went there with my best friend, had a small tattoo done on my wrist, then sat in the sun, drinking tea with my other friend and her boyfriend and I just felt so relaxed and... I don't know, I guess it was the sun breaking through on the day of Heath's funeral of all days and it felt like Spring that made this day so incredibly special. I will always remember it. I still feel the sadness, but it's not as much at the surface anymore.

{{{{Bettermostians}}}}}

I felt a sense of peace in seeing the photos of the wake, as well, very similar to yours.  While I am mourning the loss last night of my oldest and dearest pet cat, I also have a sense that the clouds are breaking.  The wait to find out what had happened - why he had gone - was excruciating, and now, those questions are all laid to rest, and the mourners have all shed their tears and gone home.  I think somehow, we have gone through this all together - not just Bettermost, but the thousands of others who felt his loss keenly, it was a collective experience, such as we went through at the tragic death of John Lennon, and an earlier generation went through with the assassination of Kennedy, on its own scale.  This is our loss, and this is our mourning, and we have lived through it and learned something.

“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #792 on: February 10, 2008, 12:31:17 am »
It never even dawned on me until I read this just now, that Heath's funeral is on my birthday...

Oh!  :(

j.U.d.E.
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #793 on: February 10, 2008, 01:49:26 am »
I felt a sense of peace in seeing the photos of the wake, as well, very similar to yours.  While I am mourning the loss last night of my oldest and dearest pet cat, I also have a sense that the clouds are breaking.  The wait to find out what had happened - why he had gone - was excruciating, and now, those questions are all laid to rest, and the mourners have all shed their tears and gone home.  I think somehow, we have gone through this all together - not just Bettermost, but the thousands of others who felt his loss keenly, it was a collective experience, such as we went through at the tragic death of John Lennon, and an earlier generation went through with the assassination of Kennedy, on its own scale.  This is our loss, and this is our mourning, and we have lived through it and learned something.

Very true, Louise.  We've just experienced a mass event of real significance that will always be a part of us.  I'm so sorry to hear about your little cat; I know how hard that is.  I'm picturing her on Heath's lap right now, having a cuddle.  :-*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #794 on: February 10, 2008, 02:04:41 am »
I went down to the beach this morning, and walked into the water, and looked up to the sky, and said my final farewell to Heath.......

That was my own private way of getting some closure..........Rest in Peace dear Heath......you will never be forgotten......

.......TIME TO GET GOIN' COWBOY...

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

mvansand76

« Reply #795 on: February 10, 2008, 04:10:40 am »
I went down to the beach this morning, and walked into the water, and looked up to the sky, and said my final farewell to Heath.......

That was my own private way of getting some closure..........Rest in Peace dear Heath......you will never be forgotten......

.......TIME TO GET GOIN' COWBOY...

{{{{{{Katie}}}}}

Thank you for sharing, that's so beautiful.....  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #796 on: February 10, 2008, 07:04:16 am »

I'm actually feeling a little better today. From the moment I woke up this morning I thought of Heath, but I felt more peaceful about it. Then I saw the pics of the mourners jumping in the ocean and I was in such awe of them all, how they celebrated Heath's life. I had an appointment at the tattoo shop in my home town and went there with my best friend, had a small tattoo done on my wrist, then sat in the sun, drinking tea with my other friend and her boyfriend and I just felt so relaxed and... I don't know, I guess it was the sun breaking through on the day of Heath's funeral of all days and it felt like Spring that made this day so incredibly special. I will always remember it. I still feel the sadness, but it's not as much at the surface anymore.

{{{{Bettermostians}}}}}

:-*
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #797 on: February 10, 2008, 12:02:20 pm »

{{{{{{{{{{Louise}}}}}}}}}}
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #798 on: February 10, 2008, 12:04:31 pm »

{{{{Bettermostians}}}}}

Good to hear, Melissa.  {{{{{{{{{{Melissa}}}}}}}}}}

I loved the pictures of the group going into the ocean, too. Then watching the sun set. That was a beautiful tribute to Heath.

(What was your tattoo?)
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #799 on: February 11, 2008, 08:35:44 am »

Some pics of beautiful Cottesloe Beach, where Heath's wake was held, showing the Indiana Tea Rooms.

γνῶθι σεαυτόν