Author Topic: Heath Ledger - the grieving thread  (Read 629937 times)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Heath Ledger - the grieving thread
« Reply #800 on: February 11, 2008, 08:39:03 am »
What beautiful pictures Kerry!!! Thank you for posting them.

mvansand76

« Reply #801 on: February 11, 2008, 08:47:39 am »

[/center]

Thanks for posting, Kerry!  :-* These are really interesting waves! Are they specific for this part of the coastline? Or is that a silly question?  ::)

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #802 on: February 11, 2008, 09:08:23 am »
On the way to work this morning the radio reported that Kirsten Dunst had checked into rehab and that Heath Ledger's death had given her a wake up call. I think it is good that she did since she obviously needed to. However, I find it a bit irritating that Heath's death is being given for a reason. As far as reports are concerned there is no connection between what Kirsten does compared to what Heath was doing. Kirsten is out partying and intentionally abusing substances. Heath, as far as we know, was taking prescription medicine which had been prescribed by doctors and was not intentionally abusing them. I think if anything doctors and how they prescribe medicine is what Heath's death should be prompting. I know for a fact that doctors prescribe way too many pills for way too many people. A pill is always the answer. Take this pill for this and take that pill for that. The drug companies make lots of money and so do the doctors. It also doesn't help any that the media is constantly advertising pills and telling us that we should ask our doctors for this and that. I think it is high time for all of this to be heavily scrutinized. After all there is a very good chance Heath would still be with us if doctors had not tried to treat everything he had with pills.

And believe me he is not the only one going through this type of doctor abuse. To take this to a more personal level the guy I was in a relationship who is also no longer alive was being prescribed multiple anxiety, antidepressant, sleeping, and pain medications. These were coming from the same doctor too. In fact, I would bet on the fact that he was taking many more pills than Heath had ever thought about taking. His tolerance was amazing and would definitely do most people in. I saw him take a whole bottle of sleeping pills once on top of pain medications and xanax, valium, and ativan. Believe this or not, this combination did not put him to sleep. In fact it had the reverse effect of making him very wide awake. However, this guy was truly a drug abuser and had been since high school or earlier. I do not believe Heath was a drug abuser. The guy I am talking about also would take acid, cocaine, crack, meth, and any other drug that would come along. He was a drug addict and an alcoholic. I truly believe his brain was pickled and the prescription medicines may have had a lot to do with how he ended up. That is not what killed him though. From what I know it was instead abuse of crack and a gun to the head. However, there is the question of what years and years of prescription drug abuse had caused.

So I do wish Kirsten the best of luck, but I think her reasons for going to rehab have little to do with what happened to Heath. It has become quite glamorous for the rich and famous to do their stints in rehab. It is almost like a fashion statement and someone is nobody if they have not been to one. They have been set up to be like a fancy relaxing vacation for the stars. Delta Burke goes to one every so often to get her medications adjusted. It's turned into a revolving door for these people. Isn't rehab supposed to help someone get off alcohol and drugs instead of just providing a break for them? It seems that they go in, stop doing their drugs for awhile, and then come out to take more for their next visit to rehab.

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #803 on: February 11, 2008, 09:21:56 am »
Kirsten Dunst and Jake G. were once "an item", and it could be that Heath's death did have a big impact on her.
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #804 on: February 11, 2008, 09:27:57 am »
Kirsten Dunst and Jake G. were once "an item", and it could be that Heath's death did have a big impact on her.

That is true and I do understand that. I just feel that these are two separate boats. However, I don't want anyone to think I am showing disrespect for Kirsten. And with the way the media is this may be something that they have invented as why she went to rehab. She may have absolutely nothing to do with what the media thinks or says.

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #805 on: February 11, 2008, 09:34:25 am »
That is true and I do understand that. I just feel that these are two separate boats. However, I don't want anyone to think I am showing disrespect for Kirsten. And with the way the media is this may be something that they have invented as why she went to rehab. She may have absolutely nothing to do with what the media thinks or says.

One is always wise to suspect the media.  So much of what seems to be factual often isn't...  I find it difficult sometimes to sort out what "seems to be true", from what is actually factual.
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #806 on: February 11, 2008, 07:31:47 pm »
Thanks for posting, Kerry!  :-* These are really interesting waves! Are they specific for this part of the coastline? Or is that a silly question?  ::)

I'm not sure, Melissa. I've never been to Western Australia. I'm an east-coast Sydney boy, myself.  Now that this sadness has befallen us, however, I may be tempted to make the pilgrimage one day and lay a flower on Heath's grave.  :'(

Cottesloe Beach is located on the Indian Ocean and that little wave would have travelled all the way from Africa.  :)
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #807 on: February 11, 2008, 07:37:07 pm »
Yes, their beaches over there are much the same as everywhere else....sometimes small roling waves sometimes big dumpers....depending on the weather.

I've only ventured to the west once myself,  like Kerry I am a resident of the east coast....and yes, Kerry, I have thought the same thing as you, one day, a visit, to place a flower where he is resting.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #808 on: February 11, 2008, 07:39:07 pm »
I've been meaning to do this for days...no time like the present!

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #809 on: February 11, 2008, 07:54:50 pm »
I'm not sure, Melissa. I've never been to Western Australia. I'm an east-coast Sydney boy, myself.  Now that this sadness has befallen us, however, I may be tempted to make the pilgrimage one day and lay a flower on Heath's grave.  :'(

Cottesloe Beach is located on the Indian Ocean and that little wave would have travelled all the way from Africa.  :)

Melissa, I've just had a thought. I think Rottnest Island is located off the coast of Perth and that it buffers much of the wave activity coming in off the Indian Ocean, taking much of the brunt of the waves. What this means for the beaches of Perth, is that they don't have much of a surf to speak of. The water is quite flat, because Rottnest Island protects the beaches. 

That beautiful baptism-like ceremony for Heath's soul, that we saw at Heath's wake, would not be possible on a Sydney beach, for example. You'd be dumped by the force of the waves.

Yes, I think it was my brother who once told me that the beaches of Perth are protected by off-shore Rottnest Island. 
γνῶθι σεαυτόν