Author Topic: Heath Ledger - the grieving thread  (Read 629996 times)

mvansand76

Re: Heath Ledger - the grieving thread
« Reply #820 on: February 12, 2008, 06:21:38 am »
Melissa, I've just had a thought. I think Rottnest Island is located off the coast of Perth and that it buffers much of the wave activity coming in off the Indian Ocean, taking much of the brunt of the waves. What this means for the beaches of Perth, is that they don't have much of a surf to speak of. The water is quite flat, because Rottnest Island protects the beaches. 

That beautiful baptism-like ceremony for Heath's soul, that we saw at Heath's wake, would not be possible on a Sydney beach, for example. You'd be dumped by the force of the waves.

Yes, I think it was my brother who once told me that the beaches of Perth are protected by off-shore Rottnest Island. 

Thank you, Kerry!  :-*

We had a tranquil sea like that when I went to the beach last Sunday... It was very pretty...

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #821 on: February 13, 2008, 08:24:30 am »
Missing you, Heath.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZYjojVLC10&eurl=http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,1179.msg334161/topicseen.html[/youtube]
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline myprivatejack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Little darlin´
« Reply #822 on: March 12, 2008, 05:54:24 am »

Heath,no matter that narrow-minded persons didn't want even to watch BBM for a stupid political and moral (?) questions.No matter that these same reasons didn't allow you to win the Oscar for your amazing role in this movie.No matter all this,and more still everything that perhaps you have had to support during these years for portraying a man who has taught us to love without fear,to love above all the difficulties...Things that you have had to support even when you were going to receive your well-deserved homage once you'd already left us,because you had "dared" to be a gay on the screen...
No matter all these nonsenses,because long time ago you've won the Oscar for the best actor in our opinions;and what's more-and more beautiful-you´ve won forever a prize better than this one,as an actor and as a person.THE OSCAR OF OUR HEARTS. We will always love you,Ennis Del Mar.

I like your silences,quiet conversations of evident sensations,where our words are life´s tinsels.
The lost illusions are the found truths.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #823 on: March 12, 2008, 10:09:27 pm »
No matter all these nonsenses,because long time ago you've won the Oscar for the best actor in our opinions;and what's more-and more beautiful-you´ve won forever a prize better than this one,as an actor and as a person.THE OSCAR OF OUR HEARTS. We will always love you,Ennis Del Mar.

Amen to that!  :-*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline MsMercury

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #824 on: March 12, 2008, 11:06:23 pm »
I can't say I was a huge HL fan because i'd only ever seen 2 of his movies. I did recognize that he was very talented. I think he was on his way to becoming HUGE and being recognized as one of the more talented actors of our time.

I was at the gym on the treadmill when I saw the news scroll across the screen on the E! channel. I just stopped. I ran over to my bf and blurted out, "Heath Ledger just died!"  We were both dumbfounded. I didn't expect his death to affect me like it did. I was so sad not only because he was so young but also because he was on the brink of superstardom and he had a little girl.

He just blew me away in BBM. I couldn't imagine anyone else playing Ennis.

mvansand76

« Reply #825 on: March 13, 2008, 04:12:18 am »
I can't say I was a huge HL fan because i'd only ever seen 2 of his movies. I did recognize that he was very talented. I think he was on his way to becoming HUGE and being recognized as one of the more talented actors of our time.

I was at the gym on the treadmill when I saw the news scroll across the screen on the E! channel. I just stopped. I ran over to my bf and blurted out, "Heath Ledger just died!"  We were both dumbfounded. I didn't expect his death to affect me like it did. I was so sad not only because he was so young but also because he was on the brink of superstardom and he had a little girl.

Thanks for sharing that, MsMercury and welcome to Bettermost...  :-*

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #826 on: March 13, 2008, 06:30:55 pm »
Thanks for sharing that, MsMercury and welcome to Bettermost...  :-*

Yes, welcome!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #827 on: March 13, 2008, 06:47:34 pm »

I had a similar reaction. I was sitting at my desk at work when a friend phoned me from a country town on the coast, about 7 hours north of where I live (Sydney). When I picked up the phone and said, "Hello," instead of the usual formalities, all Karen said was, "Heath Ledger died." I remember exclaiming, "What?!" She gave me the news from the morning newspapers but I don't think I was really listening closely to what Karen was saying, because my head was spinning with the words, "Heath Ledger died."  I couldn't believe that someone so young and talented could be dead. I checked the morning papers on the internet and then started sending emails to friends. I'm still working my way through my grief.  It's better than it was. :'(
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline MsMercury

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #828 on: March 13, 2008, 09:42:38 pm »
I understand, Kerry. That's why a lot of the IMDB people came here. They could express grief without being flamed. I frequently the IMDB boards but I do get sick of the trolls there. I just ignore them.

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero