Author Topic: Heath Ledger - the grieving thread  (Read 630009 times)

Offline sel

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Love is a force of nature
Re: Heath Ledger - the grieving thread
« Reply #850 on: February 21, 2009, 04:10:12 am »
I am simply not over it.
BbM, I swear

Offline Dobie1018

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #851 on: February 21, 2009, 10:52:04 pm »
I still cannot believe he is gone, and whenever I see a picture of him, no matter where I am, or what I'm doing, tears come to my eyes.  Reading the posts on this thread, and seeing the wonderful pictures of this handsome, talented young man that people have as their signatures brings tears to my eyes.  It is still unbelievable.

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #852 on: February 23, 2009, 02:13:06 am »
It is the surprise factor that does me in. As long as I see him where I expect to see him or control how/when/where I see him I'm okay. But when I come across him unexpectedly...

I thought the one year anniversary would result in some kind of change but it's still business as usual. I am waaaaaayyyyyy better than I was 8 months ago but still very much affected by this loss. Very. Much. Affected.

Heathen

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #853 on: February 23, 2009, 02:23:25 am »
I am simply not over it.

I hear you, friends.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #854 on: February 23, 2009, 09:17:45 am »
I am watching a replay of the Academy Awards, and have just seen the Best Supporting Actor award for Heath.

I didn't think it would affect me, as I all ready knew he had won, and his win was expected even before it was announced.

It is not so much seeing him in pictures and video clips that move me, its more the NOT seeing him, when he should be there. After his family had accepted the award for him, I sat back and tried to vision Heath getting up there to accept the award. He probably would have been fidgety, and shy, played with his ear, looked down from the eyes staring at him,  maybe even mumbled his acceptance speech, because he didn't seem to deal with occassions like this real well. I am sure he would have mentioned Matilda, and that would have brought a smile and a glow to his face.

We would have sat there and hung on every word he said, and wished that he had talked for longer. I even wonder what he would have worn, would it have been a tux or would he have worn some crazy socks or even a hat.
Not knowing how it would have been is what makes me sad....once again, "its not fair" seems to be throbbing in my mind.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #855 on: February 23, 2009, 09:44:29 am »
It is not so much seeing him in pictures and video clips that move me, its more the NOT seeing him, when he should be there.
Not knowing how it would have been is what makes me sad....once again, "its not fair" seems to be throbbing in my mind.

No, it's certainly not fair :(.
And I agree about the NOT seeing him collect this award being the hard part. He should be there, collecting the honor he deserved. His family should still have their boy, Matilda should still have her daddy, his friends shouldn't have to miss him and we should still have the opportunity to see more of his work and see him up there, being fidgety and endearing and all. No, not fair at all.

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #856 on: February 23, 2009, 12:02:33 pm »
It´s hard to feel happy about his award. When the person is not there to accept it...then what´s the point

Offline optom3

« Reply #857 on: February 23, 2009, 11:45:04 pm »
I missed the Oscars as I fell asleep. Watched the Heath part on you tube and just welled up. I cannot believe this out of the blue upset is still happening.

I have no idea how hs family coped on stage without crying. They were so dignified and loving.

Offline BelAir

« Reply #858 on: February 26, 2009, 12:49:00 am »
It´s hard to feel happy about his award. When the person is not there to accept it...then what´s the point

right.
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #859 on: February 26, 2009, 05:05:34 am »

I know what you are saying Buffy, its very bittersweet.

But remember when Ennis found the shirts.....Jack was gone, but the message and meaning of the shirts was still there.

As with the Oscar....Heath is gone, but the message and legacy of his great achievments is still there.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection