Author Topic: Heath Ledger - the grieving thread  (Read 629994 times)

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Heath Ledger - the grieving thread
« Reply #860 on: February 26, 2009, 10:51:02 am »
I know what you are saying Buffy, its very bittersweet.

But remember when Ennis found the shirts.....Jack was gone, but the message and meaning of the shirts was still there.

As with the Oscar....Heath is gone, but the message and legacy of his great achievments is still there.

What an amazing correlation, his legacy is still here. Well said.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #861 on: February 26, 2009, 12:11:06 pm »

For his beloved Matilda it is going to be the solid proof, that his work was at least as wonderful as any other person in his profession.
He was so beloved himself, that he got the award after his death.  An achievement that only one other person ever............has
gotten.  She can be honestly proud and look back at his life, when she can no longer remember him.  It will be something solid,
and real, to hold onto and be proud of.

He loved his part and was so proud of it in "The Joker" I don't see why there is this constant haranging, it was not as good as Ennis, or
the movie was not as worthy, or he should have won for Brokeback Mountain.  He himself said (paraphrasing) "I do not live in the past.  I live in the now.  I don't look forward or back much.  I just do what is going on now."  I think it is disrespectful for us to be belittling his last
performance, by forever looking back and complaining about his not getting it last time. 
   Yes he deserved it for Ennis, yes he got cheated out of it by a monkey act, of an immitation, but it is over...  Just rejoice over this
win.  It is still going to the same person. 

Beautiful mind

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #862 on: January 22, 2010, 08:44:02 am »

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #863 on: January 22, 2010, 11:03:27 am »

Our favourite son...he will never be forgotten. Thanks, Chrissi.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #864 on: January 22, 2010, 12:50:29 pm »
I'm really not sure what I can say here that hasn't already been said, except that this was one of the first things I thought of when I got up this morning.

I guess I've been thinking about Michelle and Matilda the most during the past few days.  Can anybody believe that Heath's daughter is 4 years old already?  Not in the habit of posting pictures of them but here's a recent one.

That was taken in October.  Michelle was quoted as saying that “She can know her dad in so many ways, and so many of his friends who will be able to tell her so many stories. His friends, his family — they were a big part of his life, and they will be a big part of her life.”  Amazing how much she looks like both of them -- Heath in coloring and features; Michelle in her smile and facial expressions.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #865 on: January 22, 2010, 01:10:40 pm »

So true.  He will always be missed and he is too special to ever be forgotten. Thank you, Chrissi.
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #866 on: January 22, 2010, 02:23:23 pm »
My god! She's his double..

I'm really not sure what I can say here that hasn't already been said, except that this was one of the first things I thought of when I got up this morning.

I guess I've been thinking about Michelle and Matilda the most during the past few days.  Can anybody believe that Heath's daughter is 4 years old already?  Not in the habit of posting pictures of them but here's a recent one.

That was taken in October.  Michelle was quoted as saying that “She can know her dad in so many ways, and so many of his friends who will be able to tell her so many stories. His friends, his family — they were a big part of his life, and they will be a big part of her life.”  Amazing how much she looks like both of them -- Heath in coloring and features; Michelle in her smile and facial expressions.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #867 on: January 22, 2010, 02:27:50 pm »
Especially those eyes!

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #868 on: January 22, 2010, 03:37:28 pm »
I told this story to Amanda (atz75) a while back and at the time, she suggested I post it on here.  I didn't get around to it then but anyway...

Some time last year, I had a very vivid dream about Heath.  I don't remember about half of it, but the bits I remember are still crystal clear in my mind -
I was at a beach somewhere, the water was so blue, the sun was out, it was a gorgeous day .. I don't know how I got to the beach but I remember feeling a little over-dressed for hanging out in such fine weather, lol.  So while I was standing there, probably trying to figure out where I was, I saw him - Heath.  He was about 15 or 16 years old but I knew instantly who he was.  He started running towards the water and dove into a deep wave.  I was not in the water with him but I could see him going deeper and deeper into the blue wave, free as a fish and loving every second of it.  It was such a little thing, but it felt quite overwhelming in the dream.

When I woke up, that image of a young, fresh-faced happy Heath was engraved in my mind.  And I can still see it.

Long story short, that is how I choose to think of him today.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #869 on: January 22, 2010, 04:01:46 pm »
Beautiful story, Milli.  :)

I like to think of Heath as being about 13 months old today...if, bodhisattva that he is, he chose to come back and live among us again!
"chewing gum and duct tape"