Author Topic: Heath Ledger - the grieving thread  (Read 632028 times)

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
Re: Heath Ledger dead - grieving thread
« Reply #210 on: January 22, 2008, 11:23:15 pm »
Amen Eric.
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Flashframe777

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • autumn auteur
« Reply #211 on: January 22, 2008, 11:25:07 pm »
I spent 2007 in love.  Deeply in love with the most unbelievably beautiful man, inside and out.  He moved away a few days ago, and I'm taking it very hard.  A friend recommended yesterday that I take homeopathic treatment called Natrum Muriatica - for grief and letting go.  I can't say what it's doing, but I do know that I'm calmer than I should be with the news of the death of Heath Ledger.

You know, I spent years training as an actor (when that was my interest), and was always troubled that I could never identify any actor male or female whom I could say was my favorite.  So I would just tell people Harrison Ford - no disrespect to Ford, but I only picked him because he had been in Star Wars.  

No actor had really touched me deeply with any portrayal until Heath Ledger as Ennis Del Mar.  I finally have my favorite actor, and now he's gone.
"yet he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream"

Offline Flashframe777

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • autumn auteur
« Reply #212 on: January 22, 2008, 11:32:07 pm »
They're reporting that Heath's mom and dad heard of his death on the news.

Sigh...
"yet he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream"

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #213 on: January 22, 2008, 11:33:16 pm »
They're reporting that Heath's mom and dad heard of his death on the news.

Sigh...

.. chilling ..

j.U.d.E.
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline Flashframe777

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • autumn auteur
« Reply #214 on: January 22, 2008, 11:36:01 pm »
They're reporting accidental death, and Heath was suffering from pneumonia at the time.  Also, that Michelle is very distraught, and heading to NYC.

injest

« Reply #215 on: January 22, 2008, 11:39:06 pm »
you know, I was just thinking. You think he knew how much he meant to us?

I wonder if Jake knows. I wish that we could do like DC did with the Oscar snub...take out an ad to tell Jake what he has done for us.

While we still can...while HE is still able to see it.

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #216 on: January 22, 2008, 11:41:53 pm »
If indeed it was suicide (......), what must he have been thinking when he started swallowing those pills? So f***** sad! He was alone. In the middle of the day. I can't believe he wanted to die... I'm 'happy' he was found quickly though, and not hours/days later..... This is the weirdest thing to write..

I keep thinking about what his parents, Michelle, Ang, Jake, Annie and all his friends and family must be going through right now.

I hope nobody feels guilty.

j.U.d.E.
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline BelAir

« Reply #217 on: January 22, 2008, 11:43:18 pm »
you know, I was just thinking. You think he knew how much he meant to us?

I wonder if Jake knows. I wish that we could do like DC did with the Oscar snub...take out an ad to tell Jake what he has done for us.

While we still can...while HE is still able to see it.

I honestly think they DO know...
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #218 on: January 22, 2008, 11:48:29 pm »
Thanks, John (and Jenny).  And I wish the same to you both and to everyone else here.

I just sat in front of the TV watching a bit about it on HLN and saying out loud "I can't fucking believe this."  Then they got going on in graphic detail about how he was found, what he looked like, etc.  And I said "You BASTARDS."  I can't/won't watch it anymore.  I put on the Evening News on one of the networks, and at least they did a tasteful job of talking about his accomplishments and left it at that.

What have we become that we have to have these media circuses when something like this happens?  Hell, I thought it was horrible when they did it to Anna Nicole Smith.  But this is insufferable.

Jesus.  Whatever happened to allowing someone some dignity, if at no other time, at least in death?  Cretins.

(I think I'm going at rapid-fire speed into the Anger phase.  And I think I'm gonna be here for a while.)

Rest in peace, Heath.  You were beautiful.  And what you gave us all will live in our hearts forever.

Barb. Oh my.

It is so good to see you. I hope all is well in Sunny Florida. Excepting sad, sad news, of course--

Pay no mind to those cretins. The yammering becomes a murmur and then blessed silence. (I haven't had a TV for over ten years, so it's probably easy for me to say, but still--)

I've been reading lots of posts this evening (what I can, that is, it is rather difficult) and I have been writing a few short notes--but when I saw your kind note I just had to reply.

So here's something that the yammering TV boobs might not have mentioned about Tuesday, January 22, 2008. It was a strange, strange day. I sat in a Starbucks on Delancey and Allen for while, and thought--about nothing in particular. Peaceful.

And then weirdly, 'coincidentally,' I walked down Broome Street, around 12:30 or so, then walked back and turned left onto Layfayette---

I went home, had lunch, looked out the window, at the East River. (It had been very sunny in the very early morning, but then it turned gray.) Suddenly it was snowing--quite a lot. It was pretty. Then suddenly, around 3 o,clock, or so, it stopped, it cleared, and there was no trace that it had ever snowed.

Very gray day, cold and clear, but as I said earlier, very peaceful.

You have a quiet, peaceful evening, Barb. Pay no mind.

xxxx
John

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #219 on: January 22, 2008, 11:52:07 pm »
So good to see your thoughts dear friend John. Thank you for sharing your walk and your day. It's comforting.

I heard from rt and he said to say hello to all of you, especially Barb and Leslie.

"chewing gum and duct tape"