Author Topic: Heath Ledger - the grieving thread  (Read 632147 times)

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
Re: Heath Ledger - the grieving thread
« Reply #740 on: February 05, 2008, 08:21:49 am »
What Sue and Melissa said.  :'(   :'(   :'(

Yes I agree too, that was beautifully put. I,m sitting here chewing my nails waiting for the news about "you know what". I want to know, but I don,t if that makes any sense. Mind you, none of this makes any sense does it?  :'( :'(

mvansand76

« Reply #741 on: February 05, 2008, 08:26:35 am »
Yes I agree too, that was beautifully put. I,m sitting here chewing my nails waiting for the news about "you know what". I want to know, but I don,t if that makes any sense. Mind you, none of this makes any sense does it?  :'( :'(

None of it makes sense right now, you're right. I feel OK most of the time, but to be honest, the news still isn't real to me. I'm waiting anxiously for that news too. I so want these results to proof all those media assholes wrong.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #742 on: February 05, 2008, 09:01:07 am »
Two weeks.  :'(   It feels real but not real at the same time, if that makes any sense. 

I keep thinking about his family, too - what anguish. 

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

mvansand76

« Reply #743 on: February 05, 2008, 09:39:57 am »
Two weeks.  :'(   It feels real but not real at the same time, if that makes any sense. 

Marie

{{{{Marie}}}}}

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #744 on: February 05, 2008, 09:44:46 am »

Marie

I know. These last two weeks have been unreal. I am feeling depressed again today. Sigh...

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #745 on: February 05, 2008, 11:46:44 am »
I was just watching the arrival back in Australia of the Ledger family, and pondered over what they must be feeling as they return home.

The past two weeks must have been an absolute nightmare for them, thrust into a world that they had only looked at from afar, or heard of from their son.

These are just ordinary people, who have just lost their beloved son. They have had the intial shock of his loss, and then had to leave the privacy of their home to travel to another country, try to put things in some sort of order, and then organise to bring their son home.

They should be praised for their consideration to all of Heath's friends and business aquaintances by orgaising memorial services, so that those that wanted to show their respects could do so, without the need to travel to Australia.

And now as they arrive home, they must be completely exhausted both emotionally and physically, and yet they still have to face the final closure of another family funeral and burial here.

Once that is over, then they will finally be able to grieve privately in the comfort of their own home......

My heart goes out to them, they have acted with complete dignity in the face of such terribly sad and tragic circumstances.

Lets hope the media acts with the same dignity, and gives them their privacy, and lets all of us, cast our thoughts to them, and wish them warm thoughts and comfort as they deal with their loss.

What a beautiful post. I hope you are right and that they are given space by the media to grieve in private.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #746 on: February 05, 2008, 05:38:25 pm »
I know. These last two weeks have been unreal. I am feeling depressed again today. Sigh...

L

{{{Leslie}}}  :'(
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #747 on: February 05, 2008, 05:52:18 pm »
What a beautiful post. I hope you are right and that they are given space by the media to grieve in private.
I hate to say this, but it's true.
The American media won't. They are a bunch of bottom feeders who will do whatever they need to to get that pic or that angle that will cause the most shock. I mean I just heard on the radio an advertisment for Entertainment Tonight asking us to join them as they go along with Danny Lynn's first visit to her mothers grave on the 1yr anniversary of her mothers (Anna Nichole Smith) death.
How sick and perverse is that? And the sickes most obscene part of all, there are actually people in this country setting there TIVO's as we speak so they don't miss a single second of the fun!
Makes me sick and embarassed! >:( :P
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #748 on: February 05, 2008, 07:29:39 pm »
I hate to say this, but it's true.
The American media won't. They are a bunch of bottom feeders who will do whatever they need to to get that pic or that angle that will cause the most shock. I mean I just heard on the radio an advertisment for Entertainment Tonight asking us to join them as they go along with Danny Lynn's first visit to her mothers grave on the 1yr anniversary of her mothers (Anna Nichole Smith) death.
How sick and perverse is that? And the sickes most obscene part of all, there are actually people in this country setting there TIVO's as we speak so they don't miss a single second of the fun!
Makes me sick and embarassed! >:( :P

You sure are right about that. The greater the shock value, the more the news media goes after it. Look how they go after Britney Spears. Sure she has a lot of problems, but who wouldn't go crazy with those photographers and media after every move she makes. She can't even go to the bathroom without having it filmed and analyzed as to why she did it. They did the same thing to Anna Nicole Smith. And here is a really big question!!! If Heath would have had drug problems do you not think the media would have been right on it way before his death?

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #749 on: February 05, 2008, 08:13:17 pm »
γνῶθι σεαυτόν