Author Topic: Heath Ledger - News Accounts  (Read 1144468 times)

Offline BennyBoy

• Jr. Ranch Hand
  • Brokeback Newbie
Re: Heath Ledger Dead - News Accounts
« Reply #90 on: January 23, 2008, 07:02:50 pm »
The masseuse call Mary-Kate Olsen TWICE? What was she thinking? Isn't everyone on the planet trained to dial 911?

Good God, I can only hope that Heath was already dead and her ridiculous time wasting phone calls didn't contribute to his death.

Unbelieveable.

L

No shit...especially since it turned out to not even be her apartment...right?
I want to know God's thoughts... the rest are details. - Albert Einstein

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #91 on: January 23, 2008, 07:05:20 pm »
No shit...especially since it turned out to not even be her apartment...right?

No, it's not her apartment. She doesn't even have an apartment in the building...she lives around the corner or something.

Supposedly, the masseuse wanted to contact Mary-Kate's bodyguard who had EMT training....but come on, call 911 and get the pros on the job.

This just makes me angry--I am trying to be understanding and assume the masseuse was scared and frightened and unsure what to do...but at the same time, she spent 15 minutes setting up her massage table before realizing the man in the bed was not moving.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline BennyBoy

• Jr. Ranch Hand
  • Brokeback Newbie
« Reply #92 on: January 23, 2008, 07:07:07 pm »
Supposedly, the masseuse wanted to contact Mary-Kate's bodyguard who had EMT training....but come on, call 911 and get the pros on the job.

That is by far the dumbest thing I've ever heard.  I can't believe some people...
I want to know God's thoughts... the rest are details. - Albert Einstein

Offline nakymaton

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • aka Mel
« Reply #93 on: January 23, 2008, 07:11:47 pm »
I wonder if the masseuse avoided 911 because of publicity issues with celebrities?

Or maybe she panicked.

Or maybe she was really clueless.

Or maybe all of the above.

I wish the masseuse and the housekeeper had taken CPR, though. Check breathing and pulse, then start CPR... There was half an hour wasted before anyone tried breathing for him.

(New resolution for the year: get re-certified in CPR.)

I wish other news organizations would correct their stories, though. Heath was in bed, under his sheet, snoring, at 1:30. At 3 pm he was unresponsive (and possibly already dead).
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

moremojo

« Reply #94 on: January 23, 2008, 07:13:55 pm »
This might be a case where a person's celebrity may have hindered the help they needed. The masseuse was probably impulsively deferring to Heath's star status, and was trying to think of ways of rendering aid without involving the authorities (I'm speculating that she might have been speculating that drugs [illegal or prescription] may have been involved), so as to protect Heath from potential embarrassment (or perhaps even criminal charges). If Heath were an unknown, 911 would have been the first option, no doubt (which it certainly should have been in any case).

The article confirms that Heath was found in bed, and not on the floor, as I was hearing earlier today.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #95 on: January 23, 2008, 07:21:42 pm »
The article confirms that Heath was found in bed, and not on the floor, as I was hearing earlier today.

I know.
There were reports of pills "all over the place" as if he was sleeping in pills.
But then it was mentioned later that he had those pills *in his house*; and that there was a bottle on the night stand not scattered all around him like was reported at some point. argh.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #96 on: January 23, 2008, 07:29:18 pm »
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #97 on: January 23, 2008, 07:33:48 pm »
I know.
There were reports of pills "all over the place" as if he was sleeping in pills.
But then it was mentioned later that he had those pills *in his house*; and that there was a bottle on the night stand not scattered all around him like was reported at some point. argh.

Yeah really.  By that definition, everyone who dies at home would have "pills all over the place".

They're turning this into a morbid circus a la Marilyn and Elvis.  What garbage. 

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #98 on: January 23, 2008, 07:40:36 pm »
an inkling of information about Jake:

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,23100660-661,00.html

That's the same story PageSix ran. It's relatively tasteful and may turn out to be true someday, but it's just another "angle".  (Old quotes and conjecture):

Now that two-year-old Matilda is left to grow up without her doting father, the responsibility to keep Heath Ledger's memory alive falls partly on her famous godfather, Jake Gyllenhaal.

"Heath and I are best friends now making the film was very intense for us," said Jake, 27, who played Heath's sheep-herding love interest in the blockbuster hit. He described being Matilda's godfather as "an amazing honor."

"I remember being in rehearsal, and the two of them had googly eyes with each other," he has said of the romance between Matilda's parents.

Despite her unimaginable loss, Matilda should expect to have an extended family in the Gyllenhaals.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #99 on: January 23, 2008, 08:06:49 pm »
This is a very sweet and complimentary article:

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=294218&GT1=7701&
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~