Author Topic: Heath Ledger - News Accounts  (Read 1144187 times)

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
Re: Heath Ledger - News Accounts
« Reply #740 on: February 28, 2008, 08:57:36 am »
Thanks for posting that, Kerry. Very interesting and some very interesting paintings.

L

I'll be visiting the Archibald exhibition and will be taking my camera with me. Not sure if I'll be allowed to take any pics inside the gallery, but will try.  ;)  :D

Any pics I get, I will post at BetterMost  :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #741 on: February 28, 2008, 09:51:20 am »
I'll be visiting the Archibald exhibition and will be taking my camera with me. Not sure if I'll be allowed to take any pics inside the gallery, but will try.  ;)  :D

Any pics I get, I will post at BetterMost  :D

Good thing we have Brokies around the world  :)

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #742 on: February 28, 2008, 09:52:19 am »
Thank you, Kerry.  Of course, "Heath" stands out.  I also very much liked Barry McCann's "Simpatico".

Keep us posted!

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #743 on: February 28, 2008, 10:51:28 am »
There's an article in People magazine about the federal investigation into Heath's death. A number of doctor's are being investigated.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20180849,00.html
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #744 on: February 28, 2008, 11:23:51 am »
Again, sorry if this is a duplicate posted link, but there's a commentary in New York Magazine that's a must-read for both Brokies and Heath fans generally.

The part about how Heath has been portrayed in news accounts in the form of brief glimpses that showed only one part of his life and character is a kind of eerie coda to the discussions about the "snapshot" approach in much of BBM.

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
« Reply #745 on: February 28, 2008, 11:56:21 am »
There's an article in People magazine about the federal investigation into Heath's death. A number of doctor's are being investigated.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20180849,00.html

I'm glad they're investigating.  The article said that one of the doctors was in California -- which makes sense -- but another was in Texas.  

I know all the investigating in the world won't make a difference in Heath's case, but maybe it will help someone else....

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #746 on: February 29, 2008, 10:25:50 am »
Ledger's Kombi stolen in Sydney: report
Friday Feb 29 23:34 AEDT
A Kombi van owned by the late Australian actor Heath Ledger, which he left for safekeeping with a Sydney-based mate, has been stolen.

The green-coloured 1975 model Volkswagen van was reportedly stolen from outside a Bondi home about the time of the actor's death last month.

The vehicle is valued at $70,000 due to Ledger's fame and also its extensive modifications, according to News Limited reports.

Ledger is believed to have given the van to his long-time friend Trevor DiCarlo when he sold his $7 million Bronte home in 2006, and returned to the US to live.

It was last seen in the driveway of DiCarlo's Bondi home around January 20.

Ledger's grieving father Kim, who is sorting out his son's estate, reported the van stolen to Waverley police a week ago, News Ltd said.

©AAP 2008
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #747 on: February 29, 2008, 01:20:22 pm »
Again, sorry if this is a duplicate posted link, but there's a commentary in New York Magazine that's a must-read for both Brokies and Heath fans generally.

The part about how Heath has been portrayed in news accounts in the form of brief glimpses that showed only one part of his life and character is a kind of eerie coda to the discussions about the "snapshot" approach in much of BBM.

wow marge, that was a good article
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
« Reply #748 on: February 29, 2008, 06:05:57 pm »
A Kombi van owned by the late Australian actor Heath Ledger, which he left for safekeeping with a Sydney-based mate, has been stolen.

The green-coloured 1975 model Volkswagen van was reportedly stolen from outside a Bondi home about the time of the actor's death last month.

Heath's van was older than he was.

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #749 on: February 29, 2008, 06:20:17 pm »
Quote from: Katie77 on Today at 09:25:50 AM

Heath's van was older than he was.

Ya gotta love him!
All the money in the world and he still hung on to that old VW van.
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"