Author Topic: On This Tragic Occasion...  (Read 46702 times)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
On This Tragic Occasion...
« on: January 22, 2008, 07:05:49 pm »
On this most tragic occasion, I see a large number of familiar faces of folks who have found their way back to our community to come together and grieve this most terrible news.

The BetterMost family will be here for you, as we always have been, and this forum has been established to allow you to share your thoughts and get support from one another.  We will be planning several events to help the community through today's news, and you will find all such information right here.

If you've been away for a long time, I welcome you back.  Our journeys together carry forward, but we pause and reflect on the remarkable performance of a young actor who changed the lives of so many of us... forever.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 12:49:39 am by Phillip Dampier »
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: On This Tragic Occasion...
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 07:06:56 pm »
Thank you Phillip. This forum is a very nice idea and gesture following this horrible news.

:'(

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Artiste

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 07:14:43 pm »
Good idea Phillip!

I always figured that Heath was on a mission!!

And did it to the best he could...

hugs to him and to you all too!!

Offline TheravadaAskesis

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 07:15:35 pm »
Our journeys together carry forward, but we pause and reflect on the remarkable performance of a young actor who changed the lives of so many of us... forever.

Thank you Phillip for putting words to what I can't right now. Brokeback changed my life and I can't believe someone who effected me so deeply is gone. I only wish we could have given some of the hope we received from Heath's performance back to Heath himself.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 07:16:20 pm »
Beautiful words, Phillip.  Thank you. 

.....the remarkable performance of a young actor who changed the lives of so many of us... forever.

So true. 

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 07:17:03 pm »
HE WILL NEVER BE GONE......HE LIVES IN OUR HEARTS.....HE LIVES ON OUR BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN.....
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 07:20:38 pm »
This is a good idea. I suspect some old friends may find their way back here to express their sadness.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2008, 07:23:04 pm »
I had one very powerful reaction, which was to delete the short drabbles I had written that speculated on the method Heath used to transform himself into Ennis.  Unlike other writers of "Real person slash" I did not speculate about a real life relationship between Heath and Jake, but instead, about Ennis taking on a life of his own and dominating the daily life of Heath.  I had a feeling of urgency  to remove my speculative writing, because they seemed to me to be eerily prophetic of whatever agony led him to his last moments today.  It is really the only gesture I can make.  What occurs to me now is that I hope other authors who have written RPS stories about Heath's private life, might be moved to do the same.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2008, 07:25:38 pm »
This is a good idea. I suspect some old friends may find their way back here to express their sadness.

Many already have - which is the silver lining to this bad bad horrible cloud.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2008, 07:57:57 pm »
Hello friends,
I have nothing to say but thanks for being the church I can come to at such a sad time as this.  My warmest wishes to you all!
Sarah