Author Topic: On This Tragic Occasion...  (Read 46260 times)

Offline ptannen

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: On This Tragic Occasion...
« Reply #130 on: January 27, 2008, 04:54:52 am »
Welcome Youngdoe, adamblast, doodler, forsythia12, and HeathandMichelle!  We here at BetterMost are family and it is so good to see our wonderfuly family expand and old friends returning at this time of mutual need.  Although it is such a sad time, it has given a whole new dimension to being a part of BetterMost.

Pete
Is there anything interesting up there in heaven?

Offline ptannen

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #131 on: January 27, 2008, 04:55:34 am »
Doodler -

what a wonderful article!

thank you so much!

Offline ptannen

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #132 on: January 27, 2008, 06:07:23 am »
Dear friends,

I wish I could spend more time here this week, but my Dad passed away on Monday night, less than 24 hours before Heath.  I'll mostly be away from BM until early next week.  My thoughts are with everyone here at this very sad time.

Bob

Bob -

My sincere condolences on your Dad's passing. 

Thank you again for helping us all with Finding Broakback.

Pete

Offline AngelaNicole

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #133 on: January 29, 2008, 08:15:18 am »
Hi guys, I am new here. Found about this board through imdb. I am extremely sad about Heath, I am still heart broken over his death. He was a beautiful beautiful person, inside and outside, and I cant believe we will never seen him in a movie again after the dark knight. I dont want to blame anyone or anything for his death, and I hope he died of natural causes and did not suffer! He is an angel in heaven now and I feel at peace because I saw him in my dream watching me sleep a couple of nights ago. He has been on my mind non stop and I miss him so much! His memory will carry on. RIP heath. We love you! xoxo
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 09:20:16 am by MaineWriter »

mvansand76

« Reply #134 on: January 29, 2008, 08:20:15 am »
Hi guys, I am new here. Found about this board through imdb. I am extremely sad about Heath, I am still heart broken over his death. He was a beautiful beautiful person, inside and outside, and I cant believe we will never seen him in a movie again after the dark knight. I dont want to blame anyone or anything for his death, and I hope he died of natural causes and did not suffer! He is an angel in heaven now and I feel at peace because I saw him in my dream watching me sleep a couple of nights ago. He has been on my mind non stop and I miss him so much! His memory will carry on. RIP heath. We love you! xoxo

Welcome AngelaNicole, hope you find a safe haven here to deal with your grief. We're all going through the same thing here... *hug* Mel

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #135 on: January 29, 2008, 08:32:59 am »

Welcome AngelaNicole.  Many of us here share with you in a sense of loss.  I am glad you found your way here!
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #136 on: January 29, 2008, 09:20:58 am »
Welcome AngelaNicole. Glad to have you here.

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #137 on: January 29, 2008, 04:47:21 pm »
Welcome AngleaNicole  :-*
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline youngdoe

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #138 on: January 29, 2008, 06:07:56 pm »
Thank you atz75 and ptannen for you warm welcomes.   I am still in schock and still hurting as we all are.   I felt a ray of hope, however, when I heard Daniel Day-Lewis's tribute to Heath at  the SAG awards. I saw it on a replay on one of the news shows.   I have always regarded DDL  as the finest of actors.   The fact that he so appreciated Heath's work in BBM  and expressed this, made me think that maybe people who had not viewed BBM might now view it because of Daniel's statement. I really don't know if this is the case, but who can say?
Maybe  something positive could come from this terrible trajedy, if more people can share the experience of BBM---Youngdoe

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #139 on: January 29, 2008, 06:22:45 pm »
Thank you atz75 and ptannen for you warm welcomes.   I am still in schock and still hurting as we all are.   I felt a ray of hope, however, when I heard Daniel Day-Lewis's tribute to Heath at  the SAG awards. I saw it on a replay on one of the news shows.   I have always regarded DDL  as the finest of actors.   The fact that he so appreciated Heath's work in BBM  and expressed this, made me think that maybe people who had not viewed BBM might now view it because of Daniel's statement. I really don't know if this is the case, but who can say?
Maybe  something positive could come from this terrible trajedy, if more people can share the experience of BBM---Youngdoe

A very warm welcome to our community at Bettermost, Youngdoe.  I share you feelings of shock and hurt over Heath's passing.  Very sad...

As to people rediscovering this movie, I looked at Amazon.us and found that Heath now has 5 movies in the top 50 this week.  "10 Things I Hate about You", "A Knight's Tale", "The Brothers Grimm", "Brokeback Mountain", and "Candy".  It looks like people will be going back and discovering many of this wonderful young actor's various performances. 

On IMDb, I am also seeing a resurgence of the usual questions from first time BbM viewers...
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40