Author Topic: On This Tragic Occasion...  (Read 46620 times)

Offline horo36

• Jr. Ranch Hand
Re: On This Tragic Occasion...
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2008, 11:49:28 am »
Wow, incredible! We had just heard of the tragic news this morning. It's unfortunate how his life reflected the the onscreen tragic lifes of the characters in Brokeback.  He was way too young to die just like Jack did in the story.  Hello to all and especially FrontRanger and Phillip...keep the dream alive at Bettermost! :'(

-Cory & Marie from Calgary

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2008, 11:53:47 am »
I'm so glad this place is here for all of us during this dark time. I instantly thought of you guys, when I heard the news. I realized that the only people that would understand me being devastated about someone I had never even met, would be the warm, caring family here.
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2008, 12:11:25 pm »
Love your photo creation EDelMar, so lovingly!!

Am sure Heath loves it too!!

And smiles now at you and at all of us, happy he had been as Ennis!!

Hugs to you and to all... May we see you forever with such truck Heath to ride us all in Ennis' heart!!!!

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2008, 12:17:11 pm »
I'll say as BBMGrandma...it feels like I lost a dear friend.....or one who could have been one....

Thank you for this thread

My thoughts goes to his family i Australia, to Michelle and their daughter

Berit
Ennis.....always Ennis.....

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2008, 01:17:32 pm »
Stacey, Berit, everyone, so good to have you here.  :(

mvansand76

« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2008, 01:53:55 pm »
Hi everybody,

Just got home from a physics conference in the south of Holland.

I can't believe today. I woke up this morning in my hotel room, turned on the TV and the first thing I saw was the news about Heath. All I could think of at first was "Poor Matilda!", she will have to miss her sweet father who loved her so much. Then I thought of how much I was looking forward to all the great roles Heath was going to play in the future and how much I am going to miss his presence on the big screen.

Poor Matilda. Poor family and friends. And poor us for having to miss his extraordinary talent...

You will always be in our hearts, Heath! Thank you for everything you have given us....

:'(

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2008, 02:03:30 pm »
Well it,s the end of the day, and I still can,t get my head round this awful news, as I,m sure none of you can either. Michelle must be devasted, as of course must poor Jake. He,s lost his best friend. It,s just so sad. This might sound silly but whenever I look at a picture of Heath now, I,ve got a tune in my head. The one played at the end of BMM when Ennis shut the wardrobe door in the trailer. I can,t get it out of my head. God bless you Heath.
Souxi. xxx
 :'( :'( :'( :'(

mvansand76

« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2008, 02:21:10 pm »
Well it,s the end of the day, and I still can,t get my head round this awful news, as I,m sure none of you can either. Michelle must be devasted, as of course must poor Jake. He,s lost his best friend. It,s just so sad. This might sound silly but whenever I look at a picture of Heath now, I,ve got a tune in my head. The one played at the end of BMM when Ennis shut the wardrobe door in the trailer. I can,t get it out of my head. God bless you Heath.
Souxi. xxx
 :'( :'( :'( :'(

I know what you mean.... just now they had a small documentary about him on TV here in Holland and they ended it with Ennis's "I guess I'll see you around then..."

:'( :'( :'(

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2008, 02:41:26 pm »

I wish to send out Brokie Hugs to you all..

:-*
~M

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2008, 02:50:27 pm »
Given that one of Heath's last films was "I'm Not There", I think this poem appropriate:

I Am Not There

by Mary Elizabeth Frye (1932)

Do not stand at my grave and weep;
I am not there. I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glint on snow.
I am the sun on ripened grain.
I am the gentle Autumn rain.

When you awake in the morning hush,
I am the swift, uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.

In deepest appreciation for all the lives you so deeply touched in your too short life.
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40