Author Topic: On This Tragic Occasion...  (Read 46621 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: On This Tragic Occasion...
« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2008, 10:57:06 am »
Dear friends,

I wish I could spend more time here this week, but my Dad passed away on Monday night, less than 24 hours before Heath.  I'll mostly be away from BM until early next week.  My thoughts are with everyone here at this very sad time.

Bob

I'm sorry to hear this. My condolences to you and your family.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2008, 12:34:26 pm »
((((((((Bob))))))))

I'm so sorry to hear that this sad week is so much sadder for you.  My sincere condolences.

Meryl
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2008, 02:28:19 pm »
Dear friends,

I wish I could spend more time here this week, but my Dad passed away on Monday night, less than 24 hours before Heath.  I'll mostly be away from BM until early next week.  My thoughts are with everyone here at this very sad time.

Bob

(((BOB))))
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline BBMGrandma

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Jack....I swear.....
« Reply #83 on: January 24, 2008, 05:18:12 pm »
Dear fellow Brokies

I woke this morning with such a deep sense of loss and at first I didn't remember WHY!!  And then Heath's face appeared in my mind...and I realized that he was gone!!  Gone is that beautiful smile.....that easy gait...that shy demeanor....that impish grin. 

And then I got up and dressed.  Slowly...it seemed.  As though I were still in a dreamlike
state.  We've ALL heard about the deaths of many prominent people over the years.  I was
17 when James Dean died...WAY before his time.  I was devastated.  I was young and had the typical crush that one has at that age.  And then there was Elvis.  Again....sadness and
grief.  But Heath's death is close to debiliating...crushing...unreal...impacting like none I've experienced before.  The ONLY death that was even close was when I lost my dear dad....and my best friend Everett two years ago.  I had BARELY gotten 'over' losing them when suddenly....without warning...HEATH!!   

Heath was the son I'd always wanted.  I wrote here long ago that I wanted to pull a warm
blankie around Heath and Jake...to warm them...to keep them safe...to nurture them and help guide them along their way.  I wanted to make hot chocolate for them and warm cookies.  OH how I wish I could have put my arms around Heath....help soothe him...rock him to sleep....pull the blankies up around his shoulders and kiss his forehead with pure unadulterated LOVE!! 

There's a hole in my heart today.  It will heal...I'm SURE of that.  But....it is soooo very painful. 

Much love to all my fellow brokies who are mourning with me.  Rayn....Iris....Lynne...and of course PHILIP....who has always been here for us to hold our hands and help ease the pain.  THANK you Phillip....always!  And the Brokies that I don't yet know!!  Thank you all for your beautiful words in honor of our Heath. 

Bob....I'm so so very sorry about the loss of your DAD. 

Much love to all.....Nancy  <an 'ole grandma> 
"If we never dream....we'll never have a dream come true"   (me...myself...and I)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2008, 05:19:57 pm »
{{Nancy}}  Thank you for that post.  It's so nice to see you at BetterMost again.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

mvansand76

« Reply #85 on: January 24, 2008, 05:39:18 pm »
You're so sweet, Nancy! I completely understand the blanket thing, there were several times in the past month that I saw pics of Heath and I just wanted to comfort him and hug him.

:-* :'(

{{{{{{{ NANCY}}}}}}}}

Offline Isaac31

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #86 on: January 24, 2008, 07:11:30 pm »
A horrible way to bring Brokeback Mountain back in to my life, but that's how I'm going to grieve.  It has been a long time since I watched the movie, mostly because I had watched it so much that I no longer drew the same emotional response to it.  I had overwatched and overthought it and all I could think about while watching is that it was only a movie and that I was silly for getting as in to it as I had. 

I watched a couple scenes out of it today and cried harder then I ever had before.  Heath's life lives on through the greatest performance any film has ever seen.   :'(

Offline michaelflanagansf

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #87 on: January 24, 2008, 08:31:39 pm »
To all of my wonderful friends at Bettermost on this tragic occasion - I just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you all.  There is so little that can be said - and we have all lost so much.

I hold you all with love in my heart.

Michael

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #88 on: January 24, 2008, 08:34:17 pm »
Thank you for that Michael.   :-*  :-*  :-*

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #89 on: January 25, 2008, 12:23:47 am »
Bob-

Another beloved gone. My heart goes out to you.

roux

Heathen