Author Topic: On This Tragic Occasion...  (Read 46645 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: On This Tragic Occasion...
« Reply #90 on: January 25, 2008, 02:37:57 am »
{{{Bob}}}

Bob, you gave me so much via Finding Brokeback.  I am SO grateful today that I went and stood in the middle of that street in Alberta where Heath was filmed with the postcard.  I am so grateful to you for easing our way on that trip.

mvansand76

« Reply #91 on: January 25, 2008, 08:03:50 am »
Dear friends,

I wish I could spend more time here this week, but my Dad passed away on Monday night, less than 24 hours before Heath.  I'll mostly be away from BM until early next week.  My thoughts are with everyone here at this very sad time.

Bob

{{{{{{BOB}}}}}}}

:'(

Offline HeathandMichelle

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #92 on: January 25, 2008, 01:12:19 pm »
Thank you for setting up this site.   I feel alone,  my husband and friends think mourning a celebrity is silly.   It's good to know that I'm not alone in my huge sadness.   

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #93 on: January 25, 2008, 01:21:56 pm »
Thank you for setting up this site.   I feel alone,  my husband and friends think mourning a celebrity is silly.   It's good to know that I'm not alone in my huge sadness.   

No you are not silly in the slightest. Welcome to Bettermost by the way. :) Even though none of us, as far as I know, acutally knew Heath personally, we were all stunned, to say the least, by news of his death. He was such a young, handsome and incredibly talented young man, who still had so much to live for, and so much to give. You can pour your heart out here and express how you feel in any way you want, and I can assure you, no one will laugh at you. Your amongst friends here ok?
Souxi. xxx

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #94 on: January 25, 2008, 01:38:27 pm »

Yes, welcome. You are with friends. Pour your heart out all you want.

Leslie
MaineWriter
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline adamblast

• Don't Say Much
  • That's where our hearts both belong
« Reply #95 on: January 25, 2008, 02:21:49 pm »
Greetings, new friends. 

I'm a refugee from other BBM boards... 

I lived on the Dave Cullen BBM boards throughout the "original" days, drifting away after the Oscars, the Ads in variety, the DVDs...

I needed some comfort when Heath died, so I went back, and it's great, but now it's blocked from work.  Don't know why that one is blocked and this one isn't, but that's the random nature of "security" software these days.

I went to imdb and found it sadly full of kids eager to mock other's pain and prove they're "someone" in the most obnoxious manner.

So here I am. 

Yeah, it still hurts.  Heath's Ennis meant the world to me.  I'm one of those isolated, older gays who sees too much of Ennis in myself.  It changed me, scared me, and made me take stock in ways only the people here might understand....

Anyway, thanks for the loving home.  And thank you Heath, for what you taught me.

"...never enough time, never enough..."
Heath Ledger 1979 - 2008

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #96 on: January 25, 2008, 02:25:43 pm »
Welcome, adamblast.  I'm glad it worked out that you found your way here.  We've got no mocking kids, just love and sorrow and comfort.  Make yourself at home, Friend.
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #97 on: January 25, 2008, 02:29:47 pm »
Welcome! Come in, stay a while! You'll have a cuppa coffee, won't you? Piece a cherry cake?

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline adamblast

• Don't Say Much
  • That's where our hearts both belong
« Reply #98 on: January 25, 2008, 02:36:37 pm »
Piece a cherry cake?
Thanks.  I'm afraid I'd just be pushing it around my plate today, a bit like that piece o' pie...

Thanks for the warm welcome.
"...never enough time, never enough..."
Heath Ledger 1979 - 2008

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #99 on: January 25, 2008, 03:02:11 pm »
Welcome adamblast.
:)

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie