Author Topic: Goodbye Dear Heath  (Read 27637 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Goodbye Dear Heath
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2008, 03:17:50 am »
I haven't posted in quite a while but the news of Heath Leger's real death hit me in a way that Jack's death hit me in the movie.  Heath Ledger was a great person and great actor and the world will be smaller place with his departure but heaven will be a better place.

I thought when I saw Brokeback Mountain for the first time and was finally able to think rationally again that it was like a Greek tragedy but the world was better off because of the movie and its message.  Heath played a tragic and sad part in the movie and now his candle has burned out in real life long before it should have.  What a horrible loss for those of us who admired and loved Heath as an actor. 

David thank you for starting this thread and your original post in this thread was beautiful.

I remember you Bucky! I'm so glad to see you here again!! I've missed you... a lot!!

The power of Heath. He brings us all back together again!

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Bucky

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2008, 03:30:07 am »
I was drawn here by the news that I heard today.  Somehow the news of Heath's death hit me like a ton of bricks not too unlike the first time I saw Brokeback Mountain.  I had to cry some to release the overwhelming sadness that just overcame me.  It hit me just like Brokeback Mountain but the difference is that Heath's death was for real and Jake is still alive and well.  There was just something incredibly sad about the whole thing especially from the article I read in Yahoo.com news. 

I have missed you guys too but the draw is still there as I couldn't think of anywhere else to be to share my feelings but on bettermost.net.  I have missed your thoughts from the heartland and your stories about Indiana.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2008, 03:39:22 am »
                                                    PLEASE NO NO NO!!!

OUR DEAR HEATH         

'Never enough time, never enough"   

Beautiful mind

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2008, 03:59:05 am »
SHIT!
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2008, 09:14:31 am »

The sweet Aussie kid with the beautiful, sad, brown eyes.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

mvansand76

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2008, 02:56:52 pm »
Hi sweeties....

God, I am soooooooo sad I can't describe how I feel, it's such a shock, I keep hoping it's not true.

Please, God, let it not be suicide! I would be even more devestated than I already am! I want to keep believing that it was an accident. I can't believe he would leave behind Matilda... I can't believe that.

Sweet Kerry, I am so sorry for your national loss, how are the press treating the story in Australia?

Offline Artiste

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2008, 05:46:17 pm »
Au revoir cher Heath, dear gentleman!!

I will and many others too,  see you everyday!!

Now in your films and in your heart!!

Hugs to you Heath and to all too!! May we all remember  fondly Heath and Ennis... daily and/or often!!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2008, 05:50:44 pm »
May Matilda hold many great memories of you and be told many stories of your life as an amazing actor, a devoted partner and a devoted Daddy. And for me, he helped me make many amazing relationships with people across the world.

RIP Heath - we miss you already.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Eire1978

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2008, 08:41:53 pm »
Goodbye Heath....

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2008, 08:52:22 pm »
Hi sweeties....

God, I am soooooooo sad I can't describe how I feel, it's such a shock, I keep hoping it's not true.

Please, God, let it not be suicide! I would be even more devestated than I already am! I want to keep believing that it was an accident. I can't believe he would leave behind Matilda... I can't believe that.

Sweet Kerry, I am so sorry for your national loss, how are the press treating the story in Australia?

The press and media are full of the story here in Australia, Melissa. All the way through the full media spectrum from tabloid to quality media. Even posh ABCTV put together a beautifully presented piece on their quality 7.30 Report last night. It's on front pages this morning and there's a glowing tribute to Heath in the Editorial column of the Daily Telegraph today. All of Australia is in mourning for our darling Heath.  :'(
γνῶθι σεαυτόν