Author Topic: Bringing Brokies together.  (Read 9985 times)

Offline ptannen

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Bringing Brokies together.
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2008, 02:13:48 am »
Reading Bettermost posts for the last two days is, in some respects, like first discovering Bettermost - that amazing bringing together of kindred spirits who have been and continuee to be so moved by BBM    :-*
Is there anything interesting up there in heaven?

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2008, 02:53:22 am »
(((Pete)))

I know. That's exactly how I feel, only this time I can't say to myself that the persons I was crying for were fictional charachters (as if I ever believed that!).
This is worse.  :(
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2008, 12:53:08 pm »
I know. That's exactly how I feel, only this time I can't say to myself that the persons I was crying for were fictional charachters (as if I ever believed that!).

OMG. I was just PMing someone almost the same thing. It's so similar to back then. But it's even worse now.
 :(

Offline ptannen

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2008, 02:32:54 pm »
(((Pete)))

(((Pete)))

I agree.  What you wrote reminds me of something that really struck me at the BBM BBQ 2007; Some concern was expressed about the fact that many of us going on the Wyoming Road Trip were gay and that it might not be a good idea to be too obvious that were were there because of BBM.  That really brought the fact home to me that this was still the reality even in 2007 and was not just the fiction that portrayed a situation so many years ago.   
Is there anything interesting up there in heaven?

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2008, 02:47:40 pm »
I agree.  What you wrote reminds me of something that really struck me at the BBM BBQ 2007; Some concern was expressed about the fact that many of us going on the Wyoming Road Trip were gay and that it might not be a good idea to be too obvious that were were there because of BBM.  That really brought the fact home to me that this was still the reality even in 2007 and was not just the fiction that portrayed a situation so many years ago.   

I find that shocking Pete. I really do. That even in 2007 you have to be on your guard. I know you have to be, but still..  >:(  :(
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline KristinDaBomb

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
    • My Blog
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2008, 05:56:15 pm »

That is so heartbreaking. :[
xoxo

~Kristin~

<3