Author Topic: TMZ Accounts - Nicholson Warned Ledger About Ambien  (Read 11384 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: TMZ Accounts - Nicholson Warned Ledger About Drugs
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2008, 12:54:28 pm »
On imdb someone posted the original interview where Jack Nicholson said he'd warned Heath -- the pink one above is apparently a followup. In that clip, Nicholson was coming out of a restaurant or something onto the sidewalk, where he was bombarded with press people, cameras flashing like strobe lights, a mob of reporters demanding to know what he thought about Heath dying, and it was the first Nicholson had heard of it. So he had to come up with something on the spot, and his response was, "I warned him." No clarification.

Not the most touching elegy, it's true. And I'm not defending Nicholson's other stupid remarks about the Joker. But it was yet another reminder of how nightmarish it would be to be a big star.  I don't think Nicholson even knew Heath particularly well -- either the press mob was just confronting every celebrity in sight, or they asked Jack because of the Joker thing. How many of us are eloquent under those conditions?

Offline BennyBoy

• Jr. Ranch Hand
  • Brokeback Newbie
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2008, 03:03:43 pm »
Jack Nicholson scares me. There's something seriously wrong with that man.

I second that!  Ever since The Shining he's always scared the shit outa me.  His smile...

I've heard that he is one cocky mother trucker though. 
I want to know God's thoughts... the rest are details. - Albert Einstein

Offline BelAir

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2008, 10:08:23 pm »
I know it's easy to misunderstand sound bites out of context, but it sure sounds to me like Jack Nicholson has been bitter about Heath's Joker success.  Maybe it's not coming across right, and I am misunderstanding.

I haven't read the whole thread yet so sorry if this is a repeat but I swear, I actually heard the Jack Nicholson quote on a newscast, and what he actually said was, "I warned him about Ambien.  I almost drove off a cliff when I took that stuff."  I may not have my preposition right.  But the warning was about what Ambien had done to Jack.
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2008, 10:10:35 pm »
I haven't read the whole thread yet so sorry if this is a repeat but I swear, I actually heard the Jack Nicholson quote on a newscast, and what he actually said was, "I warned him about Ambien.  I almost drove off a cliff when I took that stuff."  I may not have my preposition right.  But the warning was about what Ambien had done to Jack.

Yes, he did say something to that effect.

Even the commercials for Ambien warn you to be careful if you wake up and find yourself driving. Yikes!!  :o