Author Topic: Major Developments Update: Last updated 2/8/08  (Read 33020 times)

injest

Re: Major Developments Update! - Thu 4:42pm ET/2142 UTC
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2008, 10:56:16 pm »
20/20 is going to do a piece about Heath...they are going to be at the funeral home it looks like though so just a heads up

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2008, 11:05:47 pm »
Late this afternoon, Heath's body was removed from the Frank E. Campbell Funeral Home and taken to an undisclosed location, probably an airport.  There were no signs of family members at the funeral home.
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2008, 02:33:10 pm »
Late this afternoon, Heath's body was removed from the Frank E. Campbell Funeral Home and taken to an undisclosed location, probably an airport.  There were no signs of family members at the funeral home.

I saw pictures of that...and all I could think was 'He's alone, there's no one there (except the paparazzi of course)'. I know it isn't possible for the family to be there, but I just wish that the removing of his body from his apartment and now this could have been done away from the press, so his family could have been there. It feels like he was on display, and that is no way to tread a very private man like Heath Ledger.

And why was he put in such a huge ugly casket wooden box? Is that because he has to be transported by plane? I don't know....maybe this is the way it's done in New York.

It's just very painful to watch. He deserves better.

*sigh* :(
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2008, 02:38:22 pm »
I saw pictures of that...and all I could think was 'He's alone, there's no one there (except the paparazzi of course)'. I know it isn't possible for the family to be there, but I just wish that the removing of his body from his apartment and now this could have been done away from the press, so his family could have been there. It feels like he was on display, and that is no way to tread a very private man like Heath Ledger.

And why was he put in such a huge ugly casket wooden box? Is that because he has to be transported by plane? I don't know....maybe this is the way it's done in New York.

I didn't see this, but you're probably correct.  He has to be - secured - for the trip back home.  He would also be more anonymous that way.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2008, 02:40:10 pm »

I also wondered if its so they can give thr family some privacy about what type of caslet etc they have chosen. But the airpolane thing also makes sense.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2008, 02:46:24 pm »

Just reading about it made me feel horrible. I'm glad I didn't see it.

But imagine the media frenzy had the family been there. I would have felt so badly for them. But now I feel kinda bad for Heath, being alone, with nobody there who loved him, but all those paparazzi.  :(

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2008, 02:50:41 pm »
I didn't see this, but you're probably correct.  He has to be - secured - for the trip back home.  He would also be more anonymous that way.

I understand if that's the case, but my point is if they knew he would be put in the hearse in full glare of the media (which, i my opinion should not have been the way this was handled) why didn't they use a more appropriate coffin and transfer him in a secure one at the airport? That could have been to much to ask, could it?

Or maybe this is all not important.  :-\ I'm just glad he's on his way home, where I hope he and this family will have a bit more privacy... I can only hope.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2008, 02:57:38 pm »
My suspicion, although this is only a guess, is that there was a casket inside the wooden crate. I think it was packed in the crate for shipping.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2008, 02:59:05 pm »
I think it was packed in the crate for shipping.

L

It was horrible...

:'(  :'(  :'(

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2008, 03:15:33 pm »
There is video of the "crate" being transferred on tmz.com.

Warning - might be highly disturbing