Author Topic: Major Developments Update: Last updated 2/8/08  (Read 32936 times)

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
Re: Major Developments Update: Last updated 1/27/08
« Reply #80 on: January 30, 2008, 08:26:30 am »
If she knows the details, but can't share them, then why is she posting that she knows the details, but can't share them? Just shut up already!

Jeeesh.

(Anger phase of grieving returning...)

L

That's what I was thinking  :-\  I must still be angry too.  :-X
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #81 on: January 30, 2008, 10:02:59 am »
I caught the tail end of a report on the Today show this morning that some lout with a vague accent of some sort was passing himself off as Kim Ledger in New York.

Now, where did I leave my whip?   >:(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #82 on: January 30, 2008, 10:19:00 am »
I just posted something here that I realized belongs in the "News Items" thread, so have moved it. Sorry.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #83 on: January 30, 2008, 11:11:25 am »
If she knows the details, but can't share them, then why is she posting that she knows the details, but can't share them? Just shut up already!

Jeeesh.

(Anger phase of grieving returning...)

L

Agreed!

You know, as I've said before Heath's death is a non-event in the press over here *shakes head in disbelief*. But come to think of it, it means that we're not constantly bombarded with so called 'sources' and the shameful press coverage. Maybe a blessing in disguise.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Sandy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Re: Major Developments Update: Last updated 1/30/08
« Reply #84 on: January 30, 2008, 01:29:23 pm »
I had posted this over at the flowers/condolences thread because of the names of the funeral homes mentioned

http://www.thewest.com.au/aapstory.aspx?StoryName=455475

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Major Developments Update: Last updated 2/1/08
« Reply #86 on: February 03, 2008, 08:09:47 am »
I caught the tail end of a report on the Today show this morning that some lout with a vague accent of some sort was passing himself off as Kim Ledger in New York.

Now, where did I leave my whip?   >:(

http://www.theage.com.au/news/people/hoax-ledger-caller-traced-to-the-uk/2008/02/03/1201973720766.html

Hoax Ledger caller traced to the UK

February 3, 2008 - 11:47AM

excerpt:

A hoax caller who reportedly tried to swindle cash out of Hollywood stars by posing as Australian actor Heath Ledger's grieving father has been traced to the United Kingdom.

Reports in the UK say New York Police have traced the con-artist to the seaside town of Scarborough in northeastern England.

The conman phoned Tom Cruise asking for emotional support and tried to convince John Travolta to pay for his air fare from Australia to the United States, earlier reports said.

The man began pulling the stunt just hours after 28-year-old Ledger died in his Manhattan apartment and also contacted Mel Gibson, Halle Berry and Christian Bale.

US police sources told the UK's The Sun newspaper that two numbers - a landline and mobile - had been tracked down to a dingy block of bedsit flats in the Yorkshire seaside resort of Scarborough.

The mobile was said to be registered to a 35-year-old local man.

A police source told the newspaper: "How would a nobody in that flat have the numbers of two of the world's biggest film stars?

"Investigators are also asking what was his motive. It's bizarre.

"All roads currently lead to this man. And he may soon get a knock at his door."

New York police are leading the inquiry but North Yorkshire detectives may be drafted in, The Sun said.
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40