Author Topic: Day Three - It All Blows Up in John Gibson's Face + New Video!  (Read 32085 times)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
Day Three - It All Blows Up in John Gibson's Face + New Video!
« on: January 23, 2008, 06:46:44 pm »
Update: 12:40am ET.  John Gibson keeps talking.... See Page four of the thread for the latest... plus Gibson has quasi-apologized.

Also don't miss this video when the folks on Morning Joe were pissed off beyond belief.

It's nice to know the hate is so consistent on Fox News....  Here's the pertinent parts of Gibson's radio show for Fox News Radio.  Charming.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 01:38:37 am by Phillip Dampier »
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline BennyBoy

• Jr. Ranch Hand
  • Brokeback Newbie
Re: Disgusting John Gibson Mocks Ledger's Death on Fox News
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 06:52:42 pm »
Fucking Prick!!!  Excuse my French....

Well in the words of Heath...

“It's not a disease. It's not contagious. They should understand that it's a story of pure love. They don't have to be a hero. They don't have to be brave like us. I guess a little bit of maturity is being asked for because society has been immature in the past. That's about it.”
I want to know God's thoughts... the rest are details. - Albert Einstein

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 07:01:33 pm »
How bloody insensitive.

"surrounded by pills.."

"he found a way to quit you now.."
blah blah...

!!!

Why do they get away with this rubbish?  Makes you wonder..

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 07:08:54 pm »
Folks upset about this might want to contact Keith Olbermann at MSNBC and nominate John Gibson for the "Worst Person in the World" award Keith hands out.  You can reference the audio clip, and also note to him there is an article on Think Progress regarding Gibson.  Some shame might help.

Keith Olbermann:  [email protected]
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 04:51:31 pm by Phillip Dampier »

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 07:23:06 pm »
Why do they get away with this rubbish?  Makes you wonder..

Yeah, Milli, it does make me wonder.  And it also makes me disgusted.  And furious.  And sick. 

Some shame might help.

I somehow doubt that.  But I'll e-mail Olbermann now, anyway.  Thanks, Phillip.

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 07:48:44 pm »
Now I feel like crying again!  :'(

How can they be so cruel and inhuman over there at Fox News? Not only cruel to Heath and his family, but all of Heath's millions of fans too! This is totally and absolutely heartbreaking.  :'(  :'(

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2008, 07:56:52 pm »
I just emailed Keith, Phillip. I wonder if he'll even read it?

Offline Wishes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2008, 08:30:59 pm »
What a mean spirited creep. He so seemed to enjoy everything he said.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2008, 09:53:25 pm »
Keith did it!!

He made John Gibson the Worst Person In The World!!

I really like Keith Olbermann.

Offline Wishes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2008, 09:56:53 pm »
I had the TV on and just saw it. I'm so glad he got a national put down for being a mean jerk.

I agree, I really like Keith Olbermann too. He also gives the Bush administration a good lashing.

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2008, 10:02:12 pm »
I want to leave a note here for the forensic cultural anthropologists that in the future will follow this thread looking for an interpretation of how the gay community viewed the haters in this stage of the game.

It is ridicules, these nobodies, where did they come from, the residue of some high school football announcers union, bitter and on blood thinners, cracking on a dead man to amuse himself and getting paid for it. Getting paid well because of all the other lonely dolts like him at home, behind the desk of some failing out mod-ed business, in some gas guzzling car headed for happy hour who listen to him and identify with what he says.

And what does he say exactly? He uses sound bites from the movie to illustrate a point he does not now in 2008 speak, that he is disgusted by fags and how they have sex, he knows it is a line he cannot cross because he cannot draw too much attention to himself, he has to let his gathered sound bites imply what he is thinking. (Burp, he says with the mic turned down).

And the words fail him. The words do not convey their going at it because "They never talked about the sex, let it happen". And some where someone listening to those soundbites someone will remember the next time it is on HBO and their curiosity will get the better of them.

So how does this fag view John Gibson and his ilk? Well to be honest I never heard of the guy before today. If I ever hear of him again I will probably not remember the connection if I don;t hear the name. How do I view these people? Twilight of the dumbasses.  ;)
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2008, 11:05:29 pm »
I sent a little love note of my own to John Gibson.

Heathen

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2008, 11:06:42 pm »
Keith did it!!

Hooray.  I was out of my apartment for Countdown tonight, so I'm very glad to hear this report that Gibson ended up being the Worst person tonight.

I just caught the end of Dan Abrams a minute ago and he was also livid in denouncing Gibson and Phelps.  Abrams had a whole segment of his show that he said was all about not letting the "fringe right" "get away with" things like the horrible slander/attitude towards Heath's death.  Abrams seemed so horrified that he seemed to be almost sputtering as he spoke.  He also refused to call Phelps group by name because he said he didn't want to give "groups like that" any publicity.  But he kept referring to the un-named group as people who "want to picket at Ledger's funeral."  So, it was clear who he meant.

Thank goodness for good and reasonable people in the media like Keith and Dan... hopefully they go some way towards trying to mend at least some of the damage done by people like Gibson.
 :-\

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2008, 11:14:04 pm »
Wow, I didn't think anyone could top Rush Limbaugh mocking Michael J. Fox's Parkinson's, but apparently there's someone even more tasteless and insensitive out there.

Offline Shuggy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • 1964 - 2006
    • The Ataahua Shop
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2008, 12:07:48 am »
What you said, shakestheground. It's as though he thought Heath was Ennis.

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2008, 01:30:14 am »
I think this represents a major success for BetterMost folks who helped make such an impression on Keith Olbermann (who is extremely responsive to e-mails from viewers - to the point where his responses would get him into trouble with his bosses), that we managed to get him to devote the silver and gold medal to Heath-related stories, which was a change from his earlier plan to go after Bill O'Reilly and Limbaugh.

Here is the fruit of your labor:

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2008, 01:54:46 am »
I think this represents a major success for BetterMost folks who helped make such an impression on Keith Olbermann (who is extremely responsive to e-mails from viewers - to the point where his responses would get him into trouble with his bosses), that we managed to get him to devote the silver and gold medal to Heath-related stories, which was a change from his earlier plan to go after Bill O'Reilly and Limbaugh.

Here is the fruits of your labor:

Thanks for this Phillip.  I was out earlier and missed Keith's show.  I'm really so glad that there are voices in the media like Olbermann and Abrams who are being very vocal in defending Heath and Brokeback at the moment.  And, you're point about the responsiveness to viewer emails, etc. is also really interesting and heartening.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
I just watched the repeat of Olbermann, and I say congratulations to Phillip and the BetterMostians who emailed him.  Another creep pulled out into the spotlight and revealed for what he is---ignorant, cruel and despicable.  Way to go!  :-*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

mvansand76

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2008, 04:19:33 am »
I just emailed Keith, Phillip. I wonder if he'll even read it?

I am going to send Keith an email to thank him!

Great work guys!  :-*

Offline kula

• Jr. Ranch Hand
The employee who thought of making that sign at that Best Buy is despicable.  I bet it was some idiot from their Media department who could care less about the actor's death.  I wouldn't even blink at the thought of tearing it down if I saw that kind of shit at my local BB.

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
What a heartless, miserable, insensitive wanker that guy is!!! (excuse my french there). ffs a man has died. He,s left behind a heartbroken family, friends, a little girl. Has this "man" no respect?  There really are some sick people in the world arnt, there. Poor Michelle must be heartbroken, Heaths family are devastated, and Jake is obviously beside himself, and all this sick creep can do is make jokes!  >:( >:(
If he has a shred of decency atall he,ll retract those remarks.

Offline Rayn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I'm also on FaceBook under Rayn Roberts
I just watched the repeat of Olbermann, and I say congratulations to Phillip and the BetterMostians who emailed him.  Another creep pulled out into the spotlight and revealed for what he is---ignorant, cruel and despicable.  Way to go!  :-*

I second that emotion....!   Right on    :-*    :)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

i TRIED FOR OVER A HALF HOUR TO SEND ONE, BUT WHATEVER REASON MY ADDRESSES
I FOUND WOULD NOT SEND......SO IF ANYONE KNOWS THE REAL ONE...PLEASE POST IT.....
MY MESSAGE IS ALREADY TO GO..............

yES SHAKES, PERFECT, AND THANKS TO ALL THE PEOPLE ALSO WHO ALREADY SENT
MR OLBERMAN THE MAILS..........YOU SPOKE VOLUMNS FOR US ALL. 

Beautiful mind

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
:-* Keith Olbermann.  And everyone here.  And everyone who emailed him (so you each get two kisses) and brought this to his attention.

And thanks, Keith, for the mini-laugh (that's all I can muster right now) at the "10 things I hate about you" and the "serial killers and John Gibson" comments.  As always, excellent calls.
No more beans!

Offline Wishes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2008, 01:59:25 pm »
I am going to send Keith an email to thank him!

Great work guys!  :-*

That's a really good idea. I will to. I do think it makes a difference.

Offline Wishes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2008, 02:00:43 pm »
What you said, shakestheground. It's as though he thought Heath was Ennis.

I also agree with both posts.

Offline Wishes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
I can't find on MSNBC where to e mail Keith Olberman. Can anyone guide me to where it is on the page. I could not find it.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
I can't find on MSNBC where to e mail Keith Olberman. Can anyone guide me to where it is on the page. I could not find it.

Hi Wishes!! Click on the link in the quote below. Phillip posted it for us yesterday, and I clicked on it to email Keith Olbermann.

Yes, I agree with Melissa and the rest of you. A thank you email to Keith would be a very nice thing. :)

Whoops, bad e-mail address.  Try [email protected]

Offline Wishes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Thank you so much David!  :)

I just sent a short e mail thanking them.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
Thank you so much David!  :)

I just sent a short e mail thanking them.

You're welcome sweetie!!  :)

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
GLAAD going after John Gibson Cruelly Mocks Heath Ledger's Death
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2008, 06:15:13 pm »
and his Role in Brokeback Mountain.  At the end of the article, there are a list of phone numbers and email addresses to let FOX know how you feel.

Link: http://www.glaad.org/action/calls_detail.php?id=4189

Article:

January 24, 2008

Phone: (646) 871-8019    Email: [email protected]
  [ send to friend ]
 [ Take Action! ] 
You must Sign In to use the Take Action! feature. 

Listen to Clip
Fox News Radio - John Gibson Show (1.22.08) Audio of John Gibson’s comments regarding Heath Ledger.
[ listen ]

MSNBC - Live with Dan Abrams (1.23.08) Abrams criticizes the Westboro Baptist Church for planning to picket Heath Ledger’s funeral and Fox News host John Gibson for using Brokeback Mountain to mock Ledger’s death.
[ watch ]

MSNBC - Countdown with Keith Olbermann (1.23.08) Olbermann makes Fox News host John Gibson his "Worst Person in the World" for mocking the death of Heath Ledger on his radio show by playing the iconic "Why can’t I quit you?" quote from Brokeback Mountain.[ watch ]

======================================================================
In the wake of Heath Ledger’s death, people around the world are mourning the gifted actor’s passing and are expressing their appreciation for how he changed hearts and minds with his Oscar-nominated role as a gay cowboy in 2005’s Brokeback Mountain.

In a stark and disturbing contrast, Fox News Radio host John Gibson cruelly mocked Ledger’s death and his role in Brokeback Mountain during his Jan. 22 John Gibson Show radio broadcast.  During the show, Gibson played an audio clip from the film of Jake Gyllenhaal’s character, Jack, telling Ennis (played by Ledger), "I wish I knew how to quit you." Gibson then coldly quipped, "Well, he found out how to quit you."  Then, after playing another audio clip from the movie of Ledger’s character saying, "We're dead," Gibson mockingly said, "We’re dead" and played the clip again.

“Gibson’s remarks are vulgar and disgusting,” said Rashad Robinson, GLAAD’s Senior Director of Media Programs. “It’s sickening that Gibson would exploit Heath Ledger’s tragic death to promote such hurtful intolerance. And to do so at a time when family and friends are grieving shows a level of insensitivity that is beyond the pale.”

Beyond his mockery of Ledger’s role in Brokeback Mountain, Gibson called the actor a "weirdo" with "a serious drug problem," and callously speculated on the reasons Ledger might have committed suicide.  Gibson had previously mocked Brokeback Mountain--calling it a "gay agenda movie" on his Fox News TV program in 2006.

Listen to Clip:
http://thinkprogress.org/2008/01/23/gibson-mocks-ledger/

Gibson’s Past Comments on Brokeback Mountain:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,180499,00.html

TAKE ACTION NOW!
GLAAD strongly urges you to contact Fox News and ask its representatives why they continue to provide a platform for John Gibson’s cruel and tasteless comments.

Please contact:

Mr. Mitch Davis
Vice President
Fox News Radio Network
1211 Avenue Of The Americas
18th Floor
New York, NY 10036-8701
Direct Phone:  *212-301-5800
Outlet Fax:  *212-301-5455
Outlet Phone:  212-301-3000
Email: [email protected]

Mr. Robert Finnerty
Senior Vice President
Fox News Radio Network
18th Floor
New York, NY 10036-8701
Direct Phone:  *212-301-5800
Outlet Fax:  *212-301-5455
Outlet Phone:  212-301-3000

Ms. Irena Briganti
Vice President of Public Relations
FOX News Channel
New York, NY 10036
Direct Phone :  *212-301-3608
Outlet Fax :  *212-382-1411
Outlet Phone :  212-301-3000
Contact by: E-mail

Ms. Suzanne Scott
Vice President, Programming
FOX News Channel
New York, NY 10036
Direct Phone :  *212-301-8558
Outlet Fax :  *212-382-1411
Outlet Phone :  212-301-3000

[email protected]
[email protected]

JOHN GIBSON
[email protected]
212-301-3000

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
From New York Magazine:

"In Other News"
1/24 | 4:45 PM

Will Fox’s John Gibson Apologize for His Insensitive Remarks?

The blogosphere has been churning all day over Fox host John Gibson's comments on his radio show yesterday about the death of Heath Ledger.

To recap: Gibson played the "I can't quit you" clip from Brokeback Mountain; said, "Well, I guess he found a way to quit you," to much laughter in the studio; then followed up with a barrage of the sort of tasteless banter we have come to expect from these shows.

"I don't know why a 28-year-old guy is thinking about death," Gibson said disparagingly, referring to a quote from an interview Ledger gave in 2007 in which he said his daughter caused him to "look at death differently."

"Maybe he was a deep thinker," a female co-host chimed in. "Maybe he was a weirdo," Gibson said.

He laughed, then played another clip from Brokeback, in which Ledger's character says, "We're dead," several times.

The clip made its way to Gawker, Newshounds, and other blogs, who dug up clips of Gibson's remarks about Brokeback Mountain ("I just think most people do not want to go into a darkened room with a tub of popcorn and munch away watching two guys get it on," among others), and now GLAAD is leading a protest against Gibson and Fox.

The Intelligencer (New York Magazine) hears that Gibson will address his remarks on his television show, The Big Story, at 5 p.m. Watch this space for updates.

UPDATE, 6 p.m.:

Indeed, Gibson closed out The Big Story tonight by reading an apology:

"I have received many complaints regarding my comments on my radio show about the death of Heath Ledger," he said. "I'm sorry that some took my comments as anti-gay and insensitive. I am aware that Ledger has a family, and I am sorry if I offended them and those who knew him, but most of all I am sorry for the loss of a young man I understand was a fine actor and human being. Once again, to those offended by my comments, I'm sorry."

Will this be enough to keep the wolves at bay?

« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 08:46:42 pm by jmmgallagher »
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Town Administration
    • BetterMost
Yup... he's back for another day of garbage spew....

Direct Link to GLAAD petition to get Fox News to take some action.

On MSNBC’s Morning Joe this morning, host Joe Scarborough described the homophobic undertones of Gibson’s “little Brokeback Mountain joke,” calling it “mean-spirited and hateful” that “if you make a movie about being gay, your death becomes a punchline.”

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Town Administration
    • BetterMost
Dan Abrams:

moremojo

"....we're going to call you out on it"....that's great to hear, and I commend Mr. Abrams for his integrity and commitment to ethical behavior.

Did Gibson and company not get the word that homophobia is now considered in poor taste? They need to catch up, and soon...it's only the twenty-first century, after all.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
Phillip, I just tried emailing Keith again to thank him for what he did on his show last night. When I send off the email, it comes back to me with an error notification. The strange thing is, the email address I'm typing is "[email protected] but in the error notification it says "[email protected]"! Why is it saying this? I didn't type nbcuni.com! It didn't do this last night when we sent our emails to Keith. Is anyone else having this problem?

Dagi

I was able to send a note, and so far I haven't got an error notification.

Dagi

Offline Wishes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
I just got the same error message.  :(  With the exact same change in the email address.

I tried resending it again anyway.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

I cant seem to get mine to go thru either.  mayde his box is full

Beautiful mind

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
I've tried FOUR times Wishes, and it keeps returning it to me.

It didn't do this last night when we sent those emails notifying Keith about John Gibson's radio show. I know mine went through anyway, but for some reason it's not working tonight. And the last time I tried it, I hand typed the email address. The first three I was clicking on Phillip's link. I don't understand it.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
Here's what mine is saying in case someone out there can understand all this gibberish:

Final-Recipient: rfc822;[email protected]
Action: failed
X-Display-Name: Countdown @ MSNBC

Received: from rkfmlef01.e2k.ad.ge.com ([3.159.183.51]) by RKFMLVEM03.e2k.ad.ge.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.2499);
    Thu, 24 Jan 2008 18:53:57 -0500
Received: from useclpexw213.nbcuni.ge.com ([3.44.150.24]) by rkfmlef01.e2k.ad.ge.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.2499);
    Thu, 24 Jan 2008 18:53:56 -0500
Received: from MSNBC-VW2.exchange.msnbc.com ([3.4.100.68])
    by useclpexw213.nbcuni.ge.com (SonicWALL 6.0.1.9157)
    with ESMTP; Thu, 24 Jan 2008 18:53:56 -0500
Received: from MSNBC-EXIMC2.exchange.msnbc.com ([3.4.125.89]) by MSNBC-VW2.exchange.msnbc.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.3959);
Received: from imo-d20.mx.aol.com ([205.188.139.136]) by MSNBC-EXIMC2.exchange.msnbc.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.3959);
Received: from [email protected]
    by imo-d20.mx.aol.com (mail_out_v38_r9.3.) id w.c32.246b514d (42809)
    for <[email protected]>; Thu, 24 Jan 2008 18:53:52 -0500 (EST)
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 18:53:51 EST
Subject: Thank You!!
To: [email protected]
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="-----------------------------1201218831"
X-Mailer: 9.0 Security Edition for Windows sub 5380
X-Spam-Flag: NO
Return-Path: [email protected]
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 24 Jan 2008 23:53:56.0627 (UTC) FILETIME=[61CA6E30:01C85EE4]
X-Mlf-Threat: nothreat
X-Mlf-Threat-Detailed: nothreat;none;none;none
X-Mlf-UniqueId: i200801242353560015794

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
Dan Abrams:

<iframe height="339" width="425" src="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22425001/vp/22813005#22813005" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

A Thank you to Dan Abrams for that.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male

I cant seem to get mine to go thru either.  mayde his box is full

I can't figure it out Janice! Well, at least a few people were successful with their thank you emails.

Sorry for the OT everyone! Back to John Gibson - Keith Olbermann discussion! :)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
Here's what mine is saying in case someone out there can understand all this gibberish:

Final-Recipient: rfc822;[email protected]
Action: failed
X-Display-Name: Countdown @ MSNBC

Hey David,

Status 5.2.2 probably means that the mailbox is full (over the storage limit).

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
Hey David,

Status 5.2.2 probably means that the mailbox is full (over the storage limit).

Oh, okay Milli!! Thank you!

That's what Janice thought too! :)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
Hopefully Keith's mailbox is full of thank you notes! :D

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Hopefully Keith's mailbox is full of thank you notes! :D

And the NBCUNI is for NBC Universal. It is probably the overall corporate email address and the other is an alias that points to it. When you mail bounces back, you see the sekrit address that is usually hidden...LOL

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
And the NBCUNI is for NBC Universal. It is probably the overall corporate email address and the other is an alias that points to it. When you mail bounces back, you see the sekrit address that is usually hidden...LOL

L

Thanks Leslie!

At least it worked last night, so I'm happy about that. And it looks like some of our members succeeded in thanking him today. All of us combined, I'd say we did a pretty good job in helping to defend our Heath!!

{{{EVERYONE}}}

• BetterMost Supporter!
From New York Magazine

UPDATE, 6 p.m, January 24:

"I have received many complaints regarding my comments on my radio show about the death of Heath Ledger," he said. "I'm sorry that some took my comments as anti-gay and insensitive. I am aware that Ledger has a family, and I am sorry if I offended them and those who knew him, but most of all I am sorry for the loss of a young man I understand was a fine actor and human being. Once again, to those offended by my comments, I'm sorry."

"Camping Out"

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!

" "I'm sorry that some took my comments as anti-gay and insensitive..."

Gee, I didn't know there was another way to take his comments..

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
I *loathe* "apologies" like that that basically say, "I'm sorry YOU were offended," i.e., I'm sorry some people have some sort of character flaw as to find my obviously brilliant and hilarious comments offensive.

Pure, unadulterated bullshit.

That whole apology has the tone of saying "I realize I was wrong to make fun of a dead person in general, but I don't feel bad about offending gays."

Monster.  No - that would give monsters a bad name.

Oh, and I always liked Dan Abrams, but he is now my new hero.  Man, that made me feel good to hear him say "We WILL call you out on it."  And with such passion.  Love it.  And him.
No more beans!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
" "I'm sorry that some took my comments as anti-gay and insensitive..."

Gee, I didn't know there was another way to take his comments..

Here, here, Milli.  We didn't "take" his comments as anti-gay and insensitive.  They are anti-gay and insensitive. 

That whole apology has the tone of saying "I realize I was wrong to make fun of a dead person in general, but I don't feel bad about offending gays."

Exactly.  And I actually wouldn't even qualify it as an apology at all.  Just a typical CYA move brought upon by public pressure.   

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

• BetterMost Supporter!
John Gibson won't be fired--unfortunately. Fox likes him just the way he is.

See this article all about Mr. Gibson here: "He's Being as Hateful as He Can," by Peter Hart (FAIR: Fairness & Accuracy In Reporting, September/October 2005)

http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=2863

And, believe it or not, Gibson's Wikipedia entry already has been updated with his vile comments on Heath.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Gibson_(media_host)

Just add it to his resume.

Ugh.

"Camping Out"

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator

Or, "I'm sorry you took my anti-gay jokes as anti-gay."

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
John Gibson of Fox News

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Yuck. What a fugly face.

Gross.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Town Administration
    • BetterMost
I've tried FOUR times Wishes, and it keeps returning it to me.

It didn't do this last night when we sent those emails notifying Keith about John Gibson's radio show. I know mine went through anyway, but for some reason it's not working tonight. And the last time I tried it, I hand typed the email address. The first three I was clicking on Phillip's link. I don't understand it.

I suspect there is a problem at NBC's mail server.  Please try again tomorrow morning.

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Town Administration
    • BetterMost
The folks on Morning Joe are pissed off at John Gibson.  Watch this!!!

injest

From New York Magazine

UPDATE, 6 p.m, January 24:

"And, to those that thought they were funny, I am not sorry...*wink*"

>:( >:(

but hey, he got what he wanted...publicity...

loathe these people...

injest

Re: Day Three - It All Blows Up in John Gibson's Face + New Video!
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2008, 01:40:11 am »
I don't know if someone else has mentioned this...but is Gibson saying that an appropriate 'cure' for homosexuality is suicide?? "He found a way to quit you"??

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2008, 01:48:30 am »
Here is video of Gibson's apology.

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2008, 01:50:26 am »
BTW, this is a HUGE story online and on blogs.  In fact, check out www.mediamatters.org tonight, where Gibson has completely taken over their headline section.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2008, 01:51:05 am »
as a tribute to Heath, couldn't we get this guy fired?
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2008, 01:53:06 am »
as a tribute to Heath, couldn't we get this guy fired?

It will never happen.  He works for Fox News, and the usual hate-filled fans of his program don't know what all the fuss is about, and as part of a Murdoch operation, integrity and balance never matters.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2008, 02:06:26 am »
Here is video of Gibson's apology.

I didn't watch the whole thing but you can see his eyes moving around as he reads the damn teleprompter.  Someone probably wrote that "apology" note and handed it to him 5 minutes before that.   I know where he can put his apology.  Don't you?  :)

"And, to those that thought they were funny, I am not sorry...*wink*"

but hey, he got what he wanted...publicity...

loathe these people...

I know what you mean.

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2008, 02:57:02 am »
If one had only read the statement, it would still seem half-hearted, semi-apology at best. But to actually hear the words, to see Gibson's face? More mockery! It is the insult after the injury. Ugh!

I know I am naive, but now, given the media reaction (BRILLIANT for Olbermann! FANTASTIC for Abrams! Even GOOD for Scarborough!) I actually begin to think Gibson may yet have reason to fear his job. He is sufficiently vile AND sufficiently "small potatoes" to be a perfect scapegoat--and I'm sufficiently angry and sufficiently petty to hope that he could be fired. Gibson is no Imu$--we wouldn't see him back after a short interval in another lucrative venue, he just doesn't rate.

Oh, I wish someone would whisper something to Murdoch (who once *was* an Australian, after all) and send a thunderbolt--hah! Actually a rolled-up "News Corp" newspaper should do the trick--Splat!

You all did such a wonderful job with MSNBC--maybe you can beard Murdoch in his den???

"Camping Out"

Offline Nevermore

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2008, 06:52:50 am »
I carpool once a week with a guy who listens to talk radio, and I fully expected to hear him rush to Gibson's defense, claim political correctness gone beserk, blah blah, but when the apology was being replayed and analyzed by the commentator--can't really remember who, they all kind of morph together for me--his only reaction was, "well, that wasn't even funny."
Not much sympathy for Gibson even from his own kindred spirits, and this is the opinion of a guy whose head spins around every time he hears the words "Hillary" and "Clinton." I'm not up on who's who in the world of talk radio but Gibson just strikes me as a third-rate Limbaugh wannabe.
One thing has struck me though--do you remember when Brokeback Mountain first came out, the reaction of a certain class of (usually male) media types, not necessarily Fox minions, who could not get through a single broadcast without at least one, though rarely just one, obligatory Brokeback reference? Of course, it was a cultural moment, but this went beyond that, after the film left theaters and the buzz died down, they were still keeping the flame alive, so to speak.
A friend of mine, partnered with a man but once married to a woman, said once his ex-wife suspected there was something going on between them when he came down with mention-itis, e.g., just could not restrain himself from bringing up the name of the man he fancied, all the time.  That's what guys like David Letterman made me think of--it's as if they had a unique form of Tourette's that compelled them to say "Brokeback" all the time, introducing it into contexts that had nothing to do with homosexuality, movies, masculinity, et al.
Now with the sad passing of Heath Ledger all over the news, two years since Brokeback was released, Ledger having completed several films since, including I'm Not There which is still in theaters, and Batman, which is likely to be a huge summer blockbuster even if this had never happened, but what do the commentators choose to reference? Am I the only one that gets an odd sense of...something... here?  Like relief at being able to scratch that itch, to be able to quote "I wish I knew how to quit you" again, without getting odd looks as if the speaker just broke into the Macarena (while saying "Show me the money!")??
And such familiarity with the dialogue, too!  I don't believe that "Since we're going to be working together, we might as well start drinking together" actually made the final cut, it was only in the theatrical trailer, and yet Gibson (or one of his faithful tweenies) had it all warmed up and ready to go. Such thoroughness!
Not that there's anything, you know, wrong with any of this. I'm not implying anything, just making a little observation.

mvansand76

« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2008, 09:56:37 am »
 I know where he can put his apology.  Don't you?  :)

To quote Chevy Chase in "Christmas Vacation" when asked "Where are you gonna put a tree that big?": "Bend over and I'll show you..."

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2008, 10:19:48 am »
Am I the only one that gets an odd sense of...something... here?  Like relief at being able to scratch that itch, to be able to quote "I wish I knew how to quit you" again, without getting odd looks as if the speaker just broke into the Macarena (while saying "Show me the money!")??
And such familiarity with the dialogue, too!  I don't believe that "Since we're going to be working together, we might as well start drinking together" actually made the final cut, it was only in the theatrical trailer, and yet Gibson (or one of his faithful tweenies) had it all warmed up and ready to go. Such thoroughness!
Not that there's anything, you know, wrong with any of this. I'm not implying anything, just making a little observation.

Brilliant observations, and you're exactly right, it actually feels good to hear the familiarity of the dialogue, and actually talk about Brokeback in public a little. I hope the presented BBM clips on the news propel others to see the movie who have held out thus far. What saddens me is Gibson's melange of Brokeback soundbytes, that he probably never even saw the movie! Of course, everything he's said about Heath and BBM has been out of pure ignorance. Unfortunately, stupidity isn't against the law.

Cheers,

Chris.
Six-word Stories:  ~Jack: Lightning Flat, lightning love, flat denied   ~Ennis: Open space: flat tire, tire iron?

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2008, 10:53:22 am »
Sounds as if he may have sobered up a bit.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2008, 11:20:40 am »
If one had only read the statement, it would still seem half-hearted, semi-apology at best. But to actually hear the words, to see Gibson's face? More mockery! It is the insult after the injury. Ugh!

I know I am naive, but now, given the media reaction (BRILLIANT for Olbermann! FANTASTIC for Abrams! Even GOOD for Scarborough!) I actually begin to think Gibson may yet have reason to fear his job. He is sufficiently vile AND sufficiently "small potatoes" to be a perfect scapegoat--and I'm sufficiently angry and sufficiently petty to hope that he could be fired. Gibson is no Imu$--we wouldn't see him back after a short interval in another lucrative venue, he just doesn't rate.

Oh, I wish someone would whisper something to Murdoch (who once *was* an Australian, after all) and send a thunderbolt--hah! Actually a rolled-up "News Corp" newspaper should do the trick--Splat!

You all did such a wonderful job with MSNBC--maybe you can beard Murdoch in his den???

I wish they would give us a way to quit him.  (John Gibson) ( FOR GOOD)

Beautiful mind

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2008, 01:18:31 pm »
I'm glad somebody took the time to update Wikipedia. Suspect the A-hole is just playing to his fan base.   Does he have a corporate sponsor? I'd like to contact them.  I have never watched the FAUX NEWS NETWORK so I am clueless.

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2008, 03:26:22 pm »
From New York Magazine

Party Lines
1/25 | 12:50 PM

Heath Ledger Would Have Found Fox News Comments Funny, Friend Says

Talk of Heath Ledger's death continues to dominate the Sundance festival in Utah. "It was a terrible place to get this news," actor Brady Corbet, in Park City to promote Funny Games, told us yesterday.

"It was supposed to be a time for celebration, and now this town is just abuzz." Corbet, who was friendly with Ledger, says he's been disturbed by the tone of some of the gossip, particularly John Gibson's comments on his Fox radio show.

"All this Fox News shit, I couldn't believe it," he said. "It's so shocking and totally unacceptable.… The guy John Gibson should just be fucking shot."

Er…right. Let's move off that thought.

"The only thing that's charming about it," Corbet continued, "is that I know Heath would have gotten such a kick out of it. 'Oh, you played a gay cowboy so you were condemned to death.' I really think that Heath would have thought that was funny. He would love how it makes them look and how it sheds some light on how disgusting a corporation Fox is."

—Steve Ramos

« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 05:14:17 pm by jmmgallagher »

"Camping Out"

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2008, 03:36:28 pm »
"The only thing that's charming about it," Corbet continued, "is that I know Heath would have gotten such a kick out of it. 'Oh, you played a gay cowboy so you were condemned to death.' I really think that Heath would have thought that was funny. He would love how it makes them look and how it sheds some light on how disgusting a corporation Fox is." —Steve Ramos

Well, that casts a more pleasant light on the situation.  And the quote made me smile.

;D

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #74 on: January 26, 2008, 12:15:31 am »
To quote Chevy Chase in "Christmas Vacation" when asked "Where are you gonna put a tree that big?": "Bend over and I'll show you..."

:laugh: :laugh:

Offline Clyde-B

• Clyde-B when he was Jack and Ennis's age
« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2008, 04:22:52 pm »
I'm glad somebody took the time to update Wikipedia. Suspect the A-hole is just playing to his fan base.   Does he have a corporate sponsor? I'd like to contact them.  I have never watched the FAUX NEWS NETWORK so I am clueless.

You are absolutely right.  Contacting the corporate sponsors is what got Imus fired.  Does anybody know who they are?

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #76 on: January 26, 2008, 05:04:59 pm »
You are absolutely right.  Contacting the corporate sponsors is what got Imus fired.  Does anybody know who they are?

I bet you wouldn't have to dig too far to find out that Halliburton is.   ::)

I honestly don't know, but Rupert Murdoch is about the most shameless Neo-Con around, so I doubt much of any protest would make a dent with him.  Still, it's worth a shot.

That said, over on a political debate board in which I partake and on which are some of the other most shameless Neo-Cons around, there is *no one* who doesn't find Gibson's comments, and apology, nauseating.  And I mean these are people who usually gleefully defend the likes of George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, and everything associated with NASCAR and Wal-Mart.  They also unanimously think Fred Phelps is evil and vile.

For what it's worth.
No more beans!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #77 on: January 26, 2008, 05:11:23 pm »
If you wish to take action, I found this compiled list of people we can contact in order to help insure John Gibson and others at Fox News never commits such a hurtful atrocity like this again. They have flapped their smart assed mouths many times in the past, but John Gibson's latest cruel and heartless attack on Heath has more than crossed the line.

TAKE ACTION NOW!

Contact Fox News and ask its representatives why they continue to provide a platform for John Gibson's cruel and tasteless comments.

Please contact:

Mr. Mitch Davis
Vice President
Fox News Radio Network
18th Floor
New York, NY 10036-8701
Direct Phone: *212-301-5800
Outlet Fax: *212-301-5455
Outlet Phone: 212-301-3000

Mr. Robert Finnerty
Senior Vice President
Fox News Radio Network
18th Floor
New York, NY 10036-8701

Ms. Irena Briganti
FOX News Channel
Lowr C1
New York, NY 10036
Direct Phone : *212-301-3608
Outlet Fax : *212-382-1411
Outlet Phone : 212-301-3000

Ms. Suzanne Scott
FOX News Channel
Lowr C1
New York, NY 10036
Direct Phone : *212-301-8558

[email protected]
[email protected]

JOHN GIBSON
[email protected]

Offline Clyde-B

• Clyde-B when he was Jack and Ennis's age
« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2008, 05:14:42 pm »
I bet you wouldn't have to dig too far to find out that Halliburton is.   ::)

I honestly don't know, but Rupert Murdoch is about the most shameless Neo-Con around, so I doubt much of any protest would make a dent with him.  Still, it's worth a shot.

That said, over on a political debate board in which I partake and on which are some of the other most shameless Neo-Cons around, there is *no one* who doesn't find Gibson's comments, and apology, nauseating.  And I mean these are people who usually gleefully defend the likes of George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, and everything associated with NASCAR and Wal-Mart.  They also unanimously think Fred Phelps is evil and vile.

For what it's worth.

See there's hope for the world yet!

And David, 

Thanks for the info.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #79 on: January 26, 2008, 05:51:33 pm »

Yeah, I think people like that -- and throw in Ann Coulter while you're at it -- help gay rights more than they hurt it. No halfway intelligent and reasonable person wants to be seen as siding with those awful people.

Offline joey

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2008, 06:09:37 pm »
Keith did it!!

Thank you for that suggestion and the great response from Keith O.  Whether  or not the shame hurts JG, it helps a lot of people keep their self respect.
Joey

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2008, 02:59:02 pm »
This has been posted on IMDB.com on their MOVIE AND TV NEWS. I just like what ppl are posting on GIBSON's msg board. Wonderful... If it's anything like the email he's getting, I bet he's just hits delete. Ppl need to go after higher up ppl at FOX who might put pressure on him.   

Gay Activists Blast Radio Host Who Mocked Ledger's Death

A U.S. radio host who mocked Heath Ledger's death live on air a few hours after his passing has been slammed by gay activists. During his Tuesday show, Fox News Radio presenter John Gibson played an audio clip from the movie Brokeback Mountain in which Jake Gyllenhaal's character says to Ledger's, "I wish I knew how to quit you." Gibson then told his listeners, "Well, he found out how to quit you." Later in the broadcast, Gibson played another Brokeback Mountain clip, this time of Ledger's character saying, "We're dead." The host then mockingly repeated, "We're dead," before playing the clip again. Gibson, who is on record as criticizing Brokeback Mountain as a "gay agenda movie," went on to label Ledger a "weirdo" who had "a serious drug problem" and speculated as to reasons why the actor may have taken his own life. Ledger, who was found dead in his New York apartment on Tuesday, is not thought to have committed suicide, according to authorities and his family. Rashad Robinson, a spokesman for The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD), says, "Gibson's remarks are vulgar and disgusting. It's sickening that Gibson would exploit Heath Ledger's tragic death to promote such hurtful intolerance. And to do so at a time when family and friends are grieving shows a level of insensitivity that is beyond the pale." On his Wednesday show, Gibson refused to apologize for his comments, explaining they were just "a little Brokeback Mountain joke" and there is "no point in passing up a good joke."

A double standard.  Didn't Imus make a real apology and he still got canned?? Gibson's apology was half-hearted at best.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2008, 09:50:22 pm »
As promised, here is a partial list of Fox News sponsors and their website addresses. Please email them and let them know how hurt and disgusted you are with John Gibson's recent comments about Heath. I will be letting them know I plan to boycott their products and services until Fox News takes corrective and appropriate action. We can't let John Gibson and Fox News get away with this. I will keep my eyes open for more names of sponsors and I will post them here. Please feel free to add to this list if you notice something not found on the following list...

Icy Hot
www.icyhot.com

Fancy Feast Cat Food
www.fancyfeast.com

Actonel
www.actonel.com

Fidelity Investments
www.fidelity.com

Comcast Cable
www.comcast.com

Bayer Aspirin
www.bayeraspirin.com

Zyrtec
www.zyrtec.com

Walgreen's
www.walgreens.com

Vehix
www.vehix.com

V8 Vegetable Juice (Campbell's Corp.)
www.v8juice.com

Law Offices of Peter Francis Geraci (Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky and Wisconsin area)
www.infotapes.com

I also found the following sponsors advertising on the Fox News website...

Ask Internet Search Engine
www.ask.com

Free Credit Report
www.freecreditreport.com

Cars Direct
www.carsdirect.com

Match Dot Com
www.match.com

Bankrate
www.bankrate.com

In case you missed it, here is the list of Fox News executives you can email to express your displeasure with John Gibson and his repugnant comments about our Heath and his tragic death....

Please contact:

Mr. Mitch Davis
Vice President
Fox News Radio Network
18th Floor
New York, NY 10036-8701

Mr. Robert Finnerty
Senior Vice President
Fox News Radio Network
18th Floor
New York, NY 10036-8701

Ms. Irena Briganti
FOX News Channel
Lowr C1
New York, NY 10036
Direct Phone : *212-301-3608

Ms. Suzanne Scott
FOX News Channel
Lowr C1
New York, NY 10036
Direct Phone : *212-301-8558

[email protected]
[email protected]

JOHN GIBSON
[email protected]

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2008, 04:41:04 am »
Good work getting these for us, David.  Thank you.

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #84 on: March 14, 2008, 11:07:14 am »
The story of John Gibson comes to a close with the announcement this week that his show on Fox News television has been terminated.  He will continue to appear on-air occasionally, as well as continue his radio show.  But he of low ratings will no longer grace our presence with regularity on television.  Buh, bye. 

mvansand76

« Reply #85 on: March 14, 2008, 12:06:29 pm »
VICTORY!!!!! Yeeeeeehaw Brokies!

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2008, 12:41:51 am »
http://www.thecarpetbaggerreport.com/archives/14890.html

From The Carpetbagger Report

John Gibson’s big story: he’s been cancelled
Posted March 14th, 2008 at 9:15 am

It hasn’t been a good week for conservative hosts of unwatchable cable talk shows with poor ratings. Earlier this week, MSNBC yanked Tucker Carlson off the air. The next day, Fox News gave up on notorious blowhard John Gibson.

Fox News Channel, tinkering for the first time in eight years with its popular early evening lineup, is replacing its 5 p.m. news broadcast, “The Big Story,” with an election-theme program for the foreseeable future. The network confirmed this week that “America’s Election HQ,” a program that displaced “The Big Story” temporarily last month, would continue indefinitely. The program’s hosts, Bill Hemmer and Megyn Kelly, also anchor the network’s mid-morning newscast and are seen as rising stars on the channel. The change was first reported by the blog TVNewser.com.

John Gibson, the longtime host of “The Big Story,” will continue to have a role on television, the network said, although it appears that his future for now lies mostly on radio. For two years Mr. Gibson, a conservative commentator, has been the host of a three-hour program for Fox News Radio immediately following his television show.

I’d always kind of hoped that Gibson would get fired for something he’d said on the air, but if low ratings did the trick, I suppose the end result is the same.

Of course, with Gibson having lost his show, there’s really one thing left to do: mock him relentlessly for years of foolish, hateful demagoguery.

Stephen Colbert got the ball rolling: “There’s obviously only one big lead story tonight: an influential figure who many of us considered a moral leader has let America down and has been forced to leave his post. Of course I speak of Fox News’ John Gibson.”

Media Matters has done a great job for years of highlighting some of Gibson’s more jaw-dropping remarks, but who could forget his insults of Heath Ledger after his death? Or his concerns about “black devils” who “wanna fight the white devil”? Or the time he said John Edwards “whored his wife’s cancer as a fundraising gimmick”? Or his requests to white people to “make more babies“?

But my personal favorite, as long-time readers may recall, was the time he lost it on the air while debating my friend Rob Boston over the “war on Christmas” — and then called Rob at home to threaten him personally.

So long, John. Your departure has done something I hadn’t thought possible — it’s made Fox News’ lineup just a little less offensive.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: 

"Camping Out"